Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How many times have you been on airplanes?

Around 20 and not proud of it. I always think about the tons of dyrt Planes blowing in the Sky. My Home is near at a Airport and the Snow is more black then white. I really try to not fly as much as possible.
Maybe some of you have seen what happend to the Air ( for good ) over America after 9/11 during flying ban.
Big respect to not flying People !

Around 20-30 times in my life.

In this day and age for the majority of people it has become a necessity.

hmm about 13-15 personal, and in the military over 100 easy, I even got to be in a hard landing in Elmondorf? airbase in Alaska, in a C130 after 2 engines went out, had an Air Force guard lock and load on me when i crossed the red line, to smoke a cig after the err umm hard landing, looked him in the eyes and just kept puffing :p

Helios

Ive flown 40-50 times. I loved it when I was a child but airports have ruined any enjoyment for me. I dont like large crowds of people especially if some of the people are speaking another language.

No I dont have a problem with people from other countries it is just quite disorienting to me for some reason. I get the same feeling at malls.

Back to the topic of airplanes - I have flown a single engine plane before. My friend is a pilot and he took me up for a few hours and once we got up there he tooks his hands off the controls and said "go for it". It was VERY fun more fun than I actually expected. When you push forward and the nose starts to point down and you can feel the pressure you exert on the seat lessen you cannot help but smile. Its sort of nerve racking because when your in control you seem to notice changes in the G-forces much more and it feels like you are making more exaggerated maneuvers than you actually are.

We also did some zero G maneuvers and we were actually able to get a pair of sunglasses to float in the cockpit in front of us for a few seconds.

rhd

It's tough to figure out looking back, but by rough estimate 200 to 250

LaZeRz

wow, compared to you guys i've hardly flown at all :p

I've flown around 8 times.

22 year military career - too many flights to count.

I also used to skydive ( ~ 60, 70 jumps or so, I gave it up relatively early)... if those count. They were NOT "perfectly good airplanes", though. The door was taken off.

mikzip

Commercial airlines probably about 100 times for vacations, and about 300-400 for work, if i have to include helicopters it is more like 1000 times, but many very short trips :beer:

jib77

Too many to count ... Flew all over the place when I worked for an airline and I have a private pilot certificte although I'm not current :(

Well I waited until I was 44 for my first flight. My first real "Vacation" too.:wave:
A short connector flight from YVR to Seattle then onto a DC10 to Orlando Fla.
Three days there (Disney World, Cape Canaveral, & Universal Studios) then bus down to Miami for a 7 Day Carribean Cruise. (With the worst weather in 20+ years. Only got off the boat twice, on the first two days. All other shore excursions cancelled. Just about every activity on a cruise ship is outside and near the top. Rolling seas and high winds means that they are closed too. Nothing else was provided by the cruise line except for the 10% of travellers who liked bingo. There was an second session on one day ! Sat on a bar stool sharing mind bender puzzles with a bartender and walking the decks for 16 hours a day.):scowl:
From Miami back to Seattle on another DC10 then a short hop back to YVR.
So that's 1 time for each completed decade. Guess I'm just about due for another...:undecided:

Sorry about the necro-post, but I couldn't resist:

Rough estimate.. 6,682 (using averages there)