Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How does this Guy do this?

Laser projector type thing in the floor that was pre-programmed + a couple laser pointers in his hands and possibly small mirrors in has hands... maybe? lol

Laser projector type thing in the floor that was pre-programmed + a couple laser pointers in his hands and possibly small mirrors in has hands... maybe? lol

I'd guess exactly the same thing. Definitely mirrors on his palms and a projector. I really have no idea how he picked it up, but holding small pointers is best I can come up with.

He has an ear/eye temple piece on his right side and what looks like a monocular.
Protecting his one good eye he has left?
2nd person telling him " ready to spin.........now split"?

The dual beam laser in his hand is no doubt 2 lasers held together
by magnets...

It is basically timed choreography with a projector in the floor.. IMO

Jerry

I think lasersbee has the right answer/answers... way cool application though.

DrSid

I think there are no mirrors. When ho shows that Z shaped beam, you can see that those are already the hand-held beams. Those hand-held beams are also a bit weaker.

Last edited:
The dual beam laser in his hand is no doubt 2 lasers held together
by magnets...

It is basically timed choreography with a projector in the floor.. IMO

Jerry

I think that pretty much covers most of it. The stuff done with the projector could have been an adaption of the laser harp as well. If you can detect certain strands being broken in order to play certain notes, there's no reason you couldn't simply adapt that for different commands instead of musical notes. So that could have been real (as in the lasers were responding to his movement), however it could also have just as easily been a choreographed performance.

His peformance clearly starts with a single laser beam coming outta the floor, he uses mirrors in his hands to alter the beam angle. When he picked it up I think it was just good timing in when his floor laser was turned off and his hand lasers were turned on, they could be controlled by remote allowing for pretty exact timing on the power.

I still think there are mirrors, especially at 0:18. Either way, they did a really good job.

and all that without goggles, too.. Yeah... kinda cringeworthy, but definitely a lot of skill...

DTR

Maybe he has safety contact lenses.:p

Definitely great choreography. The timing was almost perfect.

One thing I am fairly certain of-- he did not do that in the US. Getting a variance for a show like that here would be not easy- maybe if the pointers in his hands(no mirrors IMO) were 5mWs.

I don't get the car in the background- but we dont see the whole show and it is heavily edited too. Youtube has more from him but bet they are all done out of the US.

You can see the battery packs and spring cords on him. and he has something on his hands in some parts and nothing on them in others. You can see the glass floor under him easliy. Must be awesome in person as stuff like that loses a lot in a video.

Perfect example was SELEM.. the DVDs that 300Evil makes are extremely well done- soundboard sound and mixed , done with a very good camera but still --in person-way way better. We saw a privatre only show that one would have to go outside of the US to see anything even remotely like that. Waivers had to be signed. Oral Warnings were given to those who dared to sit in the upper balcony. Drove 17 hrs to see it and am going back next year, hopefully with my own projector this time.

Laserman gives me some ideas. Some similar efx could be done with mirrors glued to the palms and backs of gloves-- at last !! a good use for all those keystone FS mirrors in my stash!! glasses would be a must.

thanks Buckeye for linking that video--+rep comin' yer way- from this Canton-born boy.

holy crap.... that is some of the best laser - art I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing, just awesome!!

DrSid

I still think there are mirrors, especially at 0:18. Either way, they did a really good job.

You mean this frame ?

lasers.jpg

Looks like guy holding two pointers to me ..

Awesome catch DrSid... I've actually been sitting here trying to analyze that specific part where he rotates the beam 360 degrees while watching the beam 'break' for a split second.... and here you are capturing that 1/10th of a second. Well done!

However this is done (mirrors, no mirrors, both - or 2 small greenies magent'd together) aside the floor mounted projector... this is pure awesome!