Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do you store your lasers ?

GRAB THAT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES!!! Its already got the cubes in it so you can pull them out to make the shapes you want instead of having to cut the foam.

Sweet, now I have a home for my lasers :) I was almost at the point for giving up searching for the day too
Phew.gif

congrats on the new home for your lasers. they will thank you down the road when they last forever, granted you dont throw them when outside the case or drop them in water :na:

ARG

Mine live with my projector, but they need a flight case of their own :p

Looking for one that can fit my 30ish 5mW pen lasers as well. I like the cube foam/flight case ideas. Looks very clean.

true :p will do a review of it when i receive it. The only thing that concerns me is that the sellers address is in HK, but the item is the UK and just had an email from a K guy too :thinking:

Mine are just laying on a table with a bunch of other stuff but once I have one more I think I'll upgrade to a plastic box or a nice wood box sounds better. I don't think I need a camera or gun case with the foam, I don't intend to be taking them anywhere or at least not more than one at a time. I do have a small gun case that is plastic with foam but it has something else in it.

Mine just sit in a drawer with other computer parts. All are in two pieces with the batteries removed, but in the same drawer. It looks like a junk drawer so it attracts no attention. But really, I need to get -some- type of case for them ...... with a key.

my gun case isnt to take them places although they are in a bag as well. the case is to A) protect them from dust, falling off tables, damage B) keep them out of the way C) if i drop it, it has foam D) looks good E) it was $10 and the best option available, etc.......

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I've got to agree with you Livinloud. Additionally, for me personally, a case (preferably a lockable one), also keeps the kids, grandkids, etc. Away from any potential danger.

I've got to agree with you Livinloud. Additionally, for me personally, a case (preferably a lockable one), also keeps the kids, grandkids, etc. Away from any potential danger.

First off +1 for you and second, thats what most people use their cases for. well along with storing them "unloaded" (pun intended) cuts down a TON on accidental injuries and lasing

nueces

Pluck foam. Where does one purchase pluck foam? I have all these pelican-like cases from the cheap Invicta watches I buy off ShopNBC. Now if I could just find pluck foam I'd be set. Thanks in advance. :D

( oooh, I forgot about the pistol cases. They are nice and thin. Got a few of those too.)

Last edited:
Nueces Try THIS ;)

Well, I've just received my new case and I'm quite happy with it, I'm not sure if they deliver their own stuff but it
was posted this morning and arrived by 11:30 by a middle aged lady (not really Currier material :) )

Case1.jpg

for the price it's what I'd expect, it's not rock solid and not too flimsy either.

It comes with 2 layers of foam and a thin foam layer for the base which I'll use between the two layers when I store by batts/chargers below

Case4.jpg

Case3.jpg

Case2.jpg

It stores all the lasers I have quite easily and has space underneath for more storage for batts/chargers etc

Case5.jpg

Case8.jpg

Overall verdict, a good case if you're on a budget :D

Last edited:

Ekaj

I got this at the container store for like $20. I like it and it works!
DSCF5056_zps5201b190.jpg

Where do you store your lasers?

When not in use, where do you keep your handheld (or non-handhled) lasers?

I usually keep my handhelds on my dresser but I'm thinking of making a wall bracket for a couple of the less durable ones. But labbys and modules I keep in the basement with all of my other hobby gear. I'd like to know where everyone else stores their's though.

-E.P.