Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

How do you store your lasers ?

GSS

Re: Where do you store your lasers?

I have 7 cases like the ones here full plus a bunch of smaller cases:
18 in. x 6 in. x 13 in. Black Aluminum Case
I have a few Ebay cheapo pens around that are not in cases.
I really have to browse the Harbor Freight stores better when I go. They always seem to surprise with something:)

Just was told their are no Harbor freight stores in Canada. They sure do make it a bit easier on a hobbiest.

Last edited:

abciswell

Those Pelican cases look amazing, but they're so expensive the website doesn't even show the prices! Anywhere to get these on sale? :crackup:

Antharak

LPF Site Supporter

Amazon has them, but I don't know how much of a price break you would get.
Ed

Hap

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just thought I would post a link to the actual handgun cases I use :) I find that laserbtb HL units work fine in the smaller $7.99 unit, while larger lasers like the Spartan are going to need the $8.99 to be comfortably secured inside!

MTM Handgun Case | Sportsman's Warehouse

-Alex

Last edited:

RedCowboy

LPF Site Supporter
I store mine with batteries out except the ones I keep in a fireproof 1/4 inch aluminum lined steel case, it has some faraday properties but mostly I won't come home to a burned down house.....yes it is rare for a switch to fail closed, but when you get into the 5w and up you need t think about fire safety.

A friend worked for William Henry Knives and they made these $800 cigar boxes. There was a batch with slight imperfections that they we not able to sell at that price they must be flawless so they gave him a couple cases of them. He gave me 8 and they make awesome laser display cases. They have 2 trays holding a dozen or so lasers of the med to small host size.

Hap

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is why I don't agree with the "necfo" post thing. Why make duplicate threads when this ones just fine and has tons of good information. Why is duplicate threads on the exact same topic a better thing than revitalizing an old one when the replies are relevant? I do not agree that adding new relevant information to a thread that is old is such a bad thing. Its only a negative when its time sensitive and then can be confusing.

If anything Hap you could just combine them.

Hap

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is why I don't agree with the "necfo" post thing. Why make duplicate threads when this ones just fine and has tons of good information. Why is duplicate threads on the exact same topic a better thing than revitalizing an old one when the replies are relevant? I do not agree that adding new relevant information to a thread that is old is such a bad thing. Its only a negative when its time sensitive and then can be confusing.

If anything Hap you could just combine them.
Done! Forum is now a little cleaner! :D

-Alex

I forgot to mention that regarding safety I store my lasers without batteries. Unless they have a key lock and saftey shudder then in that case I may keep the battery in them if I am using that laser regularly.

I have had a couple close calls mostly with momentary side buttons and lasers stored batteries in. I dislike side momentary switches as just a slight bump activates the laser. I was once putting my 100mW 520 pen in its case and the button was accidentally pressed. The beam hit just above my wifes sleeping head and that gave me a goosd scare. I treat my lasers the same as I treat my firearms.

AaronT

Everything but my "pens" have either a key lockout or a tail switch so I don't worry about storing them with the batteries in them as much as I probably should.

Last edited: