Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hotlights PHR at 106mA

do you have a 405-G-1 and an lpm (maybe not) to test the output? ;)
maybe the PHR can reach 150mW..

;)

thanks for mentioning the lens. I have a a diy lpm which gives a good idea of the real output. I dont have a g1. I have a 405 glass lens though. Will use that and see how it does ;)

405 aixiz should give around 15% extra output. Make some tests about the burning would be much appreciated ;)

The "circle" around the dot in your pictures looks like it is produced by the camera, not the laser.
Sometimes lasers will produce an elliptical "halo" that looks like diffraction or interference patterns when photographed.

@ RA-pierce. You misunderstood. I see the effect in person, not through the camera. Well in the camera there is also a circle, but it's not what I mean. Well anyway its not a problem.

@ Leodahsan, I did use the glass lens and got an increase of 4 mW's only.

Nice job. You should get about 90ma out of that with the standard acrylic lens. I have one in the same host at 104mA that puts out 87ma.

@Silvershot
lol? Glass AR or common glass?

@LtKernelPanic
"Nice job. You should get about 90mW out of that with the standard acrylic lens. I have one in the same host at 104mA that puts out 87mW."

Corrected ;)

Nice job. You should get about 90mW out of that with the standard acrylic lens. I have one in the same host at 104mA that puts out 87ma.

Fixed for you ;)
Yeah I guess the output is okay. I just forgot how these little guys operate. I hadnt touched one for like a year,because of the 445's.. Thanks for your input :beer:
The laser operates really well and is very stable :D I'm making a burning video now. Will be be uploading soon after.

@Silvershot
Half fixed :p:p
I'm off to sleep. I'll watch the vid tomorrow :beer:

Uploading video now. I do have a question though. The way I did the wiring, is the capacitor used or its basically useless there? because only the one end is wired.. Sorry it might be a noob question but it's time to learn :)

The Circle around the dot is do to the Newer Aixiz Acrylic lenses ever since they made the opening larger.

I hate this. I wish there was still a way to get the old lenses with the small hole. It might not give as much power as the open back one but i would rather have a good looking dot then more power for burning. This is why i hate using them.

I think this is that area that its Reflecting that causes these Circles around the dot:
DSC05488.jpg

Its really only noticeable when you are within 10 feet or so. After that the circle spreads out so much you cant see it.

you are correct, the wiring looked odd on the capacitor. And unless its a 2-layer PCB with a feed thru vias connecting somewhere else, the capacitor cannot achieve its intended effect.
Whether the capacitor is on the output end or input end, grounding the other end effectively allows it to reduce incoming [or outgoing] ripple in the voltage for stable operation of your device. LM1117 if I recall is a LDO regulator. It operates linearly as opposed to switching, so output decoupling capacitors are theretically optional. However, its best to check the datasheet for that IC to ensure that none are needed as some may specify certain values to improve loop stability or transient response.

The way you have it wired an easy fix would be to add a wire from the other end of the capacitor to ground. :)

Thanks lazeerer for the info on the lens :)
And Illu for your input ;)

Here's the video. Chain burn ftw :eek:
The back of the host is open so that I can use 2xcr123 to supply the needed voltage. I am waiting for som 10440's from DX that will go into the spacer of the host and then I can use the tailcap .

Last edited:

DTR

Looking good. I like the driver you made. Too bad those cr123's did not fit.:beer:

Last edited: