Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Host of the year for 2010: Final Poll!!

Which host should receive the award for "Host of the Year for 2010"?

• Flaminpyro's SH-032 with Triple Tritium focussing ring

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • AnselmoFanZero's Iron Man Glove

Votes: 22 19.5%
  • DTR's 2W Frankenstien Ultrafire RL-2088

Votes: 54 47.8%
  • Ehgemus' 2X26500 Custom Host W/3XGroove 2 Drivers

Votes: 16 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks everyone who voted for the tripple trit, tip-O-the hat to you all ;)
Welcome Pyro, it was by far my fav. I voted it even if it doesn't mean a discount when I can finally afford to order one! :crackup: -Glenn

Kevlar

and i'll be organising the aftermath tomorrow when i get home.

tha102.gif
tmi2.gif

Sorry... i don't see what point you're making. I was making it clear that i wouldn't be staying up 'til 1 AM in order to sort out this competition the moment it finished, and instead i would do it today. And not as soon as i woke up today, but in the afternoon when i got home.

...Anyway...

That's the end, everyone! Thanks to all those who took part, by voting, submitting entries, helping me out at the beginning with the decision making and, in the case of Jayrob, for donating the prizes.
Well done to everyone that entered. Your hosts were all amazing! And congratulations to the four finalists for having got this far!

But the winner of the Host of the year award for 2010 is DTR with the Frankenstien!! :D:D:D

PMing everyone concerned now.

Congrats to DTR for his awesome build and to all the other fine entries! Keep 'em comin' guys!

jayrob

Hard to beat DTR's Frankenstein...

First hand held over 2 Watts, first hand held to use the FlexModP3 driver. Epic build man!

Congrats!

I'll be sending the items that I promised, I'll message you when I do...

:gj:

DTR

Thanks for everyone that voted. I of course could not have done this build without Jayrob and I also wanted to thank everyone else that contribute to the site most notably Flaminpryo, Mohrenberg, Ehgemsu, drlava, Daguin, Yobresal and many others that give their time, knowledge and workmanship to this community. You guys make this place great.;)

Thanks to all the other contestants who's work has helped move the community forward this year. All the entries were amazing units and deserve recognition.:beer:

jakeGT

Thanks for everyone that voted. I of course could not have done this build without Jayrob and I also wanted to thank everyone else that contribute to the site most notably Flaminpryo, Mohrenberg, Ehgemsu, drlava, Daguin, Yobresal and many others that give their time, knowledge and workmanship to this community. You guys make this place great.;)

Thanks to all the other contestants who's work has helped move the community forward this year. All the entries were amazing units and deserve recognition.:beer:

I second this motion! I am declaring january 31st LPF veteran appreciation day, show some respect and go out of your way to send a message to a member of the forums that makes your experience better every day by keeping the forum going, providing priceless information, or just providing us with amazing products, and the means to build our own hobbies everyday!

And also congrats DTR to the epic build, I feel as if my mag build is epic as well, but i must say I would love to have a frankenstein and a saik sitting side by side my mag to make the ultimate 2W trifecta. All awesome builds that deserve credit and reputation for the builder who made them possible.
:D:D:D:D Good job dude, and good job to everyone else!!!!

Here here!

January 31st, LPF vet appreciation day.

And let's make Host of the year a regular thing, but have someone run it who's better at organising. :p
However terrible my organisation was, it all turned out good.

To LPF! :beer:

Bobby

Here here!

January 31st, LPF vet appreciation day.

And let's make Host of the year a regular thing, but have someone run it who's better at organising. :p
However terrible my organisation was, it all turned out good.

To LPF! :beer:
Don't minimise your effort or org skills -- this was a great contest, and you did a great job managing all of the weird requests of us :D

Haha, thanks. Glad you thought so!

The idea came to me because i was bored and thinking about some nice hosts i'd seen around and i thought 'i'll send a visitor message to the creators of my favourite hosts saying "I nominate your _____ for 2010's host of the year!" as my way of telling them how awsome they are' and then i thought there should be a thread with all the most exciting hosts from 2010 and i decided to start one and when TTerbo complained there should be a prize it was all uphill from there.

Any ideas\suggestions for next year, anyone?