Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HOLIDAY Beamshot Competition Rules/Entries Thread! **ENTRIES CLOSED**

Re: HOLIDAY Beamshot Competition Rules/Entries Thread!

So yea I was wondering, does an RGB projector count?

There is nothing written in the rules about not using one so I say go for it. Also, I used a projector in the 1st beam competition & my submission was not rejected :beer:

Last edited:

"But why suggest it to us instead of going right ahead and doing it yourself?"
I don't have anything that powerful. I've got a two year old and a small place to live in. At his age I encourage him to try things out and investigate the unknown. This means that dangerous items and projects are, for the time being, not available or accessable. As I have tendencies to leave unfinished business as it lies until I finish with it this means that I am also restricted on my hobbies and the likes, to be fair.

"There is nothing written in the rules about not using one so I say go for it."
The idea for the competitions is to promote and stimulate creativity.
You can do whatever you want. If you can figure any way or reason that it can be fit into the category for each contest then you submit it.
I'm sure if Swimmin' has any problems he will let you know.
He might even keep your submission and make the next contest one that applies so you would be submitted for it.
This is all about having fun and being creative. The prizes are just a little incentive boost to help motivate us to push things a little harder.
So I say "Go for it !"
:umbrella:

Lase

Entered this time :D

Can't wait to see the others.

Extra kudos go to images that stick to the green/red+christmas or blue/silver+hanukkah theme

What about one that incorporates both themes?

Lase

Last edited:

Drat... that new camera I was going to get was held by the customs and I had to return it or pay lots of cash....... ughhhhhhhhhhhh ....

I might not enter in this one.. :scowl::scowl:

You've still got 2 weeks before the deadline! What kind of camera did you get that is being held by customs??

Sent mine in. :)

I want to point out to you guys that although this competition is called a "beamshot" competition it really is just a "laser" competition, but that doesn't sound as good :p there's a lot more free reign and there doesn't have to be an actual "beam" in the picture if you don't want. There DOES, however, need to be laser light.

spent a good few hours in the cold doing mine today, will submit shortly

Re: HOLIDAY Beamshot Competition Rules/Entries Thread! **<1 week remaining til deadli

I sent mine in for fun...don't think it is of the quality of others though.

Re: HOLIDAY Beamshot Competition Rules/Entries Thread! **<1 week remaining til deadli

received first prize from last comp yesterday, many thanks

Four day warning!!

Re: HOLIDAY Beamshot Competition Rules/Entries Thread! **<4 days remaining til deadli

Damn damn damn damn damn !
I had a couple of good ideas that I wanted to do for this one but I have spent the last 3 weeks (already ?) and $2k on problems with my truck.
As I'm the only driver of the household and as this is the only vehicle, well that was Christmas for the family this year...we still have a couple of presents for my 2 year old son but that is it.
No time or energy for composing nice pictures.
I'm sure I would have been in the running too...
Damn.

Maybe in a few months.

Happy holidays to everybody anyways.
:san:

Lase

Re: HOLIDAY Beamshot Competition Rules/Entries Thread! **<4 days remaining til deadli

I should be all moved and such by then.... but if I can't get on to view the entrants:

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL! :beer:

Lase