Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Highly Polished PL-C "Smooth and Sexy"

Last edited:

Look at my post above.^

THis is what I use:

I use all Ryobi Brand.

THe wheels i use is:

For polishing this:
Ryobi Accessories :: 6" Cushion Sewn Buffing Wheel

For Buffing I use letter A where ^that is B. WHich is a Harder wheel.

For the compound i use these:
https://www.google.com/#q=Ryobi+4+o....,cf.osb&fp=7443b012bfaf5fea&biw=1280&bih=579

I use C,E,F,and H. But i use the the H which is white from the restore shop that i got the de anodizing stuff from..

Hey sorry... We posted at the same time.

THANKS so much for the info! Last question, do you use separate buffing wheels for the different compounds? My wheel is pretty black from the grey compound and it seems the white compound doesn't stick to well to it.

Thanks for all the info +1 when I can...

Last edited:
Hey sorry... We posted at the same time.

THANKS so much for the info! Last question, do you use separate buffing wheels for the different compounds? My wheel is pretty black from the grey compound and it seems the white compound doesn't stick to well to it.

Thanks for all the info +1 when I can...

Thought you missed it.:p

There is many methods you can do. Like the way RHD does it and that also has good result.

Yes You have to use different wheels. I dint have time to take the pictures because i got a call right after taking the dog out but ill have them up for you tomorrow.

The reason why you have to use different wheels is if for example you are using the same wheel for different compounds you end up with all bunch of different stages of Buffing and Polishing on the wheel. Which some are meant for buffing and some are only meant to polish. Mixing them you will then you will never make a good polish as there well be too much of the larger Grit from the Buffing compound left over.Doing this you will never reach a brilliant shine.

H which is the white stuff has pretty much No Grit or whatever you want to call it in it. Its very small and it scratches the metal less which brings you a higher shine. If using E which say has Higher "Grit" in it right before you go to H "White Rouge" You will never reach the brilliant shine because of the Larger Grit that was left over on the wheel from E.

Never Use the same wheel. Always use a different one for each compound. If by mistake you do throw it out. There is no way to correct that mistake..!

In fact There is different kinds of wheels to buy per different compounds.

Only use the Loose thread wheels with White Rouge since we are talking bout aluminum and white rouge is the recommend highest compound to get the most brilliant shine. Use the Threaded Harder wheel for when you are buffing and prepping. Its all Prep work. That where all your time in polishing should go.By the time i get to H, I only need to do 2-3 passes but i choose to go more Just to make sure it cant get any more shiny.:D

About your wheels being broken in.

You say white Rouge does not stick.? Hmm It should its the softest stuff. Your not suppose to put alot when you polish especial if your wheels are really broken in. When your breaking them in i used and old piece of aluminum and just keeps polishing back to back to back.

THe way you can tell that your wheels are broken in is not really how black they are but more if there is a Shinny layer on the polishing surface of the wheel. "Almost looks like Gunmetal in color" Took me about 5 sticks of 4 oz Polish to get something to show up. Now there pretty shiny.

The More polish you use the more you have to work it. Its better to do 5 passes with less compound then 3 with alot. I always let the well do the work. Never press to hard but even pressure. Pressing had will not give you a higher shine.

When your polishing By the time you go to wipe off the work piece and start again, Is the compound you are using still hard on the piece or is it liquid like and almost like a dust layer.?

If its not like that^ then you need to work it more before you go to clean and start again. That is another Key.

If you have anymore question let me know.:)

Last edited:
Awesome! I guess adding the white compound to the grey compound wheel isn't too bad. I'll just need to buy a new one to use for white.

Other than that... I guess I just need to try again with your tips and see how it comes out. Thanks again!

-Adrian

Yes adding the white Rouge to a Harder compound will not effect it much. But the other way around it will.

I think though you should start fresh. Get the 2 wheels from Ryobi A and B.. Buy the A for s many diffrent Buffing compounds you use and the B only use it for white Rouge Polishing.

I feel those are the best for the average Hobbiest that likes to polish. Unless you want to spend more on high Quality wheels those 2 kind will be enough.

Also another thing, When Wiping your piece off and your switching to a new wheel and compound, Switch to a New Wiping cloth too.

When I go to White Rouge i wipe with a large microfiber cloth. THe rest i use just a regular bath like towel.:D

One day i hope to make video on how i polish.:) Like you did when making a heatsink.>:)

I just have to finish building in my basement table or bench whatever you want to call it.

I dont like the flow on my set up between my lathe and Polish section.

The stuff though that i asked you that time about I cant remember the name off the top of my head that comes in a squeeze tube that you used your Dremel with for the heatsink in your video works good with a Dremel on bring back the shine of a heatsink.:) I love that stuff.

Last edited:
Looks awesome! Also, the last package I got from Lazeerer w/ red anodized 650nm laser and batteries and a cool gift was quite a great surprise! :san: Very happy with this members work indeed! THANKS! -Glenn

Trevor

This looks fantastic!

35ezob.jpg

:D

Trevor

HEY!!!!! Is the the PL-C I sold to you? Wonderful job! :drool:
If i get my hands on another PL-C host im sending it your way ASAP!!! It is gorgeous!

+ 1! :D Absolutely outstanding!!!

HEY!!!!! Is the the PL-C I sold to you? Wonderful job! :drool:
If i get my hands on another PL-C host im sending it your way ASAP!!! It is gorgeous!

+ 1! :D Absolutely outstanding!!!

YES SIR.:p

Iam Just trying to figure out what to put in it.:eg:

Last edited:

jimdt7

Simply :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
How much money do you want to polish a host for me ?

Jim

Last edited: