Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hi, im Rob from uk

just started with lasers and im realy getting into them. got an Argon laser off of 'Morgan', and im loving it. will hope to get some pics up on here soon.

P.S most people call me 'Hobnob' :yh:

Welcome hobnob,
Good to hear you starting of with a good laser.
What power is the laser, Pics of an argon laser are so nice.

Welcome to LPF Hobnob!!!!

I hope you find this a great environment to learn all that you can about lasers.

Since I am new as well (I have things figured out fairly well), you can ask me any "newbie" questions you have. I don' mind it at all.

Good luck with that argon laser!

Welcome to LPF. Enjoy your time with us here.

mat.jpg

I have compiled a list of "must read" information, it will make your time with us more productive and pleasant.

the very first thing you should read before going any further.....

What is expected of you{url]

Laser Resources (for n00bs and veterans alike!)

[url]http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/looking-build-laser-read-me-47684.html

Sam's Laser FAQ (The Laser Bible)

Sam's Laser FAQ - Preface, Introduction, What is a Laser?, Safety

RP Photonics Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology

Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology - an Open Access Resource of In-Depth Information, Free Articles, Nonlinear and Fiber Optics

I have included a handy guide to assist you in finding what you need. ;)

search.gif

Hi Rob from the U.K. I'm rob from the U.S.A. WELCOME to LPF Enjoy your time here.

Lots to read. Lots to learn. Have a GREAT DAY..................phoenix77 / rob

Morgan

;) Hey Rob!

'Nuff said!

M
:)

[Edit: ^ Are you Rob from UK twice RobRob? Double posting indeed! I'll give you a few minutes and then PM you... :crackup: ]

Last edited:

Morgan

Hey GM, were those the pics with the little silicon diffraction gratings? I got one from Hak. No multiline myself so it'll have to wait for proper use but nice little optics.

The Argon I sold Rob was outputting just a shade over 20mW at maximum. Single line 488nm. I was sad to see it go actually. I checked the one I had lined up but it was out of alignment since the last time I had it fired up so had to let my best one go to honour the deal. D'oh!

Rob seems pretty keen and I think he will love it here. He's at the same college as I am, studying engineering. I don't think his mate quite got the gas laser thing when he came to pick it up. I had a little chuckle to myself about that!

Good to see you here Rob, I know you've been lurking for a bit but now you've introduced yourself you can get a bit more involved.

M
:)