Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Texas

KMitch

Hi, I'm a graduate engineering student in school at UT Austin. I started using lasers to analyze minerals (Raman spectroscopy), and developed an amateur interest in laser pointers while getting to play with the powerful 532 and 633 nm lasers on our machine.

Gadget

Hell yeah....another Texan!! You can expect to be hearing from Hakzaw soon. He hits up all the new members...but especially those from Tex!

There are two members that I know for sure are still active in Austin, IsaacT, and KapHn8d (Clayton). Right now they are both getting pretty heavy into astrophotography, but they still pop in from time to time.

If you like, click the Tex flag in my sig and you can see a map of the members of Lone Star Laser Fan(atic)s. I tend the map and am in the LOOOONNNNNGGGGG process of editing members descriptions to reflect whether or not I have verified their location, and their last active date on the forums. I think I can speak for Hak, and the rest of the Fan(atic)s when I say, we'd love to have you as part of the group!

Anyway...welcome to the forum...if you're anything like me, you're hooked for life, there is no turning back now! All your wallet are belong to us! :eg:

Have fun! There are a buttload of VERY knowledgeable, and friendly, people here. You should have no problem learning anything you want to know about coherent light!

-G

Welcome! I love Texan's, my dad was born and raised there, I also have lots of family there and if I wasn't living in Alaska, I'd probably be in Texas just due to your state governments federal overreach push backs.

Gadget

Well thanks, Alaskan! I love Alaska, too....well, one thing about it at least...can you say Thunderf**k? :shhh:

KMitch

Wow, this is an active forum! Already 5 replies after only 1 day. Happy to see some other Texans on the boards. Thanks for the especially warm welcome Gadget!

Howdy from Central Texas. No lasers for me yet. Working on it though. Welcome to the forums.

KMitch

Ha, I wish since I love shooting. I'm based in Austin, one of the most liberal cities in the US with a massive vegan and anti-gun culture (at least on campus). Outside of Austin I've heard its a lot different, but I haven't ventured out that far yet.

Kap is actually Spring TX but he gets all over the state
but Austin has rodman- and agent C- & a few others-

next laser gathering may very well be in austin- so if you want to hear about that- SUB the GROUP - only way to know of 'meet'(LEM) announcement-- some pop-up on short notice- always keep an eye out for a suitable place to meet.

OP.. plz put Austin in your profile so it pops up under yr username.

LSLF has > 100 members but IMO only half are serious or even for 'real'.

Welcome to LPF! I haven't been around here much recently, but this is truly a great place to learn and get started with the hobby. Dig around the archives... there is a lot to chew on there...

cheers!
/c