Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Glass or Acrylic Host?

Just to let you know I have never seen one, maybe with forced air cooling it could be done other wise nether one will give very good heat sinking.

Last edited:
As Flaminpyro said it wont work well in terms of heatsinking, but for a low power build it could be a great...maybe you could also use an internal LED to illuminate the host when lasing? :beer:

Things

i'd love to see someone turn an acrylic host and polish it up. Glass probably a bit more impractical. Would work well for a low powered build (<10mW). You'd have to get clever getting power from the battery barrel to the head though.

That ^
Now, if you wanted to get creative, you can have the wires run up the outside of the host, inset in grooves. Gotta be careful not to screw up the wires, you'd need to glue those in. Say you put a red laser in, some red wires running up the host would A) suit the laser, and B) add grip.

Anyway, enough dreaming zach.

AnthoT

That ^
Now, if you wanted to get creative, you can have the wires run up the outside of the host, inset in grooves. Gotta be careful not to screw up the wires, you'd need to glue those in. Say you put a red laser in, some red wires running up the host would A) suit the laser, and B) add grip.

Anyway, enough dreaming zach.

That would look awesome :)

I made this out of acrylic and wood a while back.
eb9ca458.jpg

The laser lights up the whole host while it's on.

Fiddy

id love to see that, you'd be able to see the inner workings from the outside like driver and wires, a cookie to whom ever builds it first!