Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Genesis Project: my RGB White Rainbow - Proof of Concept build.

LoL, I missed this thread too. It is really hard to be up to date in every place ;) I really apprieciate guys sharing your great work. It helps us much because we know how to move on in 2017 :D I like your ideas and build and all comments which are realy helpful.

LoL, I missed this thread too.
I really apprieciate guys sharing your great work.
I like your ideas and build and all comments which are realy helpful.

Cheers, your module is so awesome, very solid and high quality.

Ok so an update:

The Matek Dual 12v, 5v Regulator PCB (that ArticDude put me onto) arrived and it looks great.
I'll see how it fits once I start the build again and probably use this instead of the two separate boards.

IMG_3727.jpg

RB

:wave:

Cheers, your module is so awesome, very solid and high quality.

Ok so an update:

The Matek Dual 12v, 5v Regulator PCB (that ArticDude put me onto) arrived and it looks great.
I'll see how it fits once I start the build again and probably use this instead of the two separate boards.

IMG_3727.jpg

RB

:wave:

Nice Andrew!

Just tested RGB setup with 3x 26650 Li-Ion and Matek micro 5V & 12V PDB. I can confirm that setup runs nice and smoothly. :beer:

Nice Andrew!

Just tested RGB setup with 3x 26650 Li-Ion and Matek micro 5V & 12V PDB. I can confirm that setup runs nice and smoothly. :beer:

That's great news.
I hope I can use this board, I'll have to squeeze it in somehow.
I wasn't planning on this one but it's much better to use one PCB.

Once I get underway and start the build again I will confirm the fit.

:D

This thread should't just fade away!

You're so right my friend and I haven't forgotten about it.
It's just been put on the back-burner until I get the rest of my collection in order.
All the parts are just sitting there, packed away, ready for assembly.
It will be the 'Jewel in the Crown' for me since I tinkered this one up in my head.

I'll get back to this one soon, I promise.

:beer:

BobMc

I missed this thread/build also. Hoping the best with you endeavor. Best Wishes. :)

RB, what is the approximate beam diameter out of the micro-rgb? Specs say 5 mm, I thought would be much smaller, did they correctly spec it on the optlasers.com web site?

RB, you should consider writing a thread in the "member collections" sub-forum, I can bet that you'd have a willing audience and maybe some drooling :p

Thank you Bob, Chris, EP, Ricker and Curtis.
Once I organise all my latest purchases from Billy and Richard (Minamoto Kobayashi) and finish the copper builds with the 505nm and N465 and do some beam shots, then I'll get stuck into finishing this beauty.
I've always dreamt of having a laser that you can dial up the WL you desire, (even if it is just an RGB combo).

RB, what is the approximate beam diameter out of the micro-rgb? Specs say 5 mm, I thought would be much smaller, did they correctly spec it on the optlasers.com web site?

Mr Alaskan I'll have to check that out when I get the unit back on the test bench.
Not sure if it's correct or not, as you know I have two of these RGB micro's so I can check both.

Hmmmm....Watching.....and cheering you on !! Especially since YOU ...RB...were the first to start this whole RGB craze !!! Leave out no build detail. Good luck !!

Note...I am pleased you ended up with the Zacop build !!!

CDBEAM

Hmmmm....Watching.....and cheering you on !! Especially since YOU ...RB...were the first to start this whole RGB craze !!! Leave out no build detail. Good luck !!

Note...I am pleased you ended up with the Zacop build !!!

CDBEAM
Thank you so much CD, I will post as much details as possible for everyone.
Also thank you for your wonderful masterpiece of the Zacop build !!

And of course your great sense of humour in the posts you make.
You put a smile on my face everytime.

RB