Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB laser barrels

Kenom

well, we are still waiting on the drivers as well. However those are close to being completed as well. The components have been sent to bluefusion so it's only a matter of a short amount of time.

Sorry, not to bring this out of topics, but is there any plan to do this for TO-9 diode? I have 1Watt IR 9mm waiting for housing and electronics...

Kenom

Bernhard said:
Sorry, not to bring this out of topics, but is there any plan to do this for TO-9 diode? I have 1Watt IR 9mm waiting for housing and electronics...

Eventually I do have plans for a TO-9. that and a c-mount and any other high powered laser diode out there. Along with mountings for every size in a labby style heatsink.

Wow, can't wait for all that other project to start. You can count me in for TO-9 and c-mount laser barrel :)
It will be even better if there is a package option that include barrel, driver and lenses/optics...

Kenom said:
[quote author=Bernhard link=1193790319/525#531 date=1203317705]Sorry, not to bring this out of topics, but is there any plan to do this for TO-9 diode? I have 1Watt IR 9mm waiting for housing and electronics...

Eventually I do have plans for a TO-9.  that and a c-mount and any other high powered laser diode out there.  Along with mountings for every size in a labby style heatsink.
[/quote]

I remember back when you said you were thinking about c-mounts for the next run, and i said then, and im saying now, COUNT ME IN FOR ONE!!! thatl be awesome! 2 watts of IR, in a little barrel.....

i didnt know you were thinking of doing 9mm too... Ill take one of those too!!

EDIT: PS. just make sure to chose a different machining shop... ;) ;D

Kenom

I've ordered extra tailcaps for each of the buyers from run 1. So for those of you that ordered barrels in the first run you will get not only the color you chose: glow-in-the-dark, black, orange. but you will be getting all of the colors. Each barrel will come with all three colors. Kind of a way for me to say sorry for the long wait and thank you for being patient.

Kenom said:
I've ordered extra tailcaps for each of the buyers from run 1.  So for those of you that ordered barrels in the first run you will get not only the color you chose: glow-in-the-dark, black, orange.  but you will be getting all of the colors.  Each barrel will come with all three colors.  Kind of a way for me to say sorry for the long wait and thank you for being patient.

thanks man! but your not the one who needs to say sorry, you did your best and are doing it... its the machineshops fault... but anyhow, im okay with waiting, because when it comes itl be goood!!

thanks,

amk

I can't wait to get this barrel... It's gonna be so awesome!!! I have a few questions on the circuit, and I'm too lazy to read through all these pages.. To make this circuit work for either a standard diode or a blu ray diode, we have to solder across a pair of connectors, one for bluray and one for red? Is there any chance of using this with a red diode for now, then when I get a bluray diode, swapping it out with that? Will the desoldering process be really hard? If so, I guess I'll wait a bit longer to use the barrel, and I'll just have a few extra red diodes.. :-/

Thanks for those tailcaps Kenom. Even with the delays it's ahead of schedule in my book. I was expecting it to take 4 months or so anyway.

Kenom

onefatsurfer said:
I can't wait to get this barrel... It's gonna be so awesome!!! I have a few questions on the circuit, and I'm too lazy to read through all these pages.. To make this circuit work for either a standard diode or a blu ray diode, we have to solder across a pair of connectors, one for bluray and one for red?  Is there any chance of using this with a red diode for now, then when I get a bluray diode, swapping it out with that?  Will the desoldering process be really hard?  If so, I guess I'll wait a bit longer to use the barrel, and I'll just have a few extra red diodes..  :-/

Essentially to swap back and forth between the two is solder a wire between the connections.between bluray and point c and the red and point c. remove the wire and switch it to the other connection and your set.

Kenom

The first run is DONE! I'll be picking them up tomorrow after they clean them up and box em up