Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB: CNC'd Host + Driver for 40 Watt 460-465nm Laser Array

Ok, In the projector they are not pushed as hard as we push them and as they wear down to half brightness at 20,000 hours the projector can up the power, but running close to the fold back it's safer to power each diode independently so if 1 is weak or a slightly lower resistance it wont draw too much power.

Also it looks like they were running series parallel in one I saw recently, look at the wiring to this block.

1y35Pa.jpg

YyWzcm.jpg

Do you see how the 32 diodes are stacked 16 and 16, do you think there is a giant cube in there, see the 16 bottom and 16 to the right feeding the chunk in the center?
Like it has a big beam combining cube in there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each 7875 diode has it's own 2.4A X-drive, the inputs are just parallel using the tail switch, I have tested the mx-900 switches and they hold up under a 52 watt load just fine, that's 2 x 26650 E-fest IMR 4200Mah into a 1 ohm load 8V at 6.5 amps watched on a quality inductive meter, the slide focus Flash lights I was using kept burning out tail cap switches even with the 44 and 07E.
Funny the E-fest charged to 4.15 tested into a 1 ohm load hold 4V at 4.0 amps, I must be getting some wire resistance or my batteries are getting beat up, they have only been cycled 50 times or less.

Edit: Just tested a single E-fest at 4.15 and it only held 3.6a, they held 4.0a new into 1 ohm. Everything wears out huh?
SANY0286_zpsujshsfkc.jpg

What projector is that? Is there a thread for it?

Pman

What member is that? Is there a post by him? Hi Mr. Spaz:)

What projector is that? Is there a thread for it?

Crazy, your not likely to get an answer to that question... believe me ive tried XD

Your better off pmming him or dtr or someone else. I think its because we want to avoid lawsuits against our forum.

What member is that? Is there a post by him? Hi Mr. Spaz:)

:D gday!

Crazy, your not likely to get an answer to that question... believe me ive tried XD

Your better off pmming him or dtr or someone else. I think its because we want to avoid lawsuits against our forum.

No, it has nothing to do with anything legal- strictly money related.

Edit- wasnt referring to you, cowboy.

Last edited:
I did not intend to cause any trouble what so ever, I just find the pic very interesting, and as it was already publicly posted I don't see how talking about it generically would hurt.

I do not profit from re sharing things of interest, I can tell you that it's my strong belief that our friend took one for the team as the cost of this unit will never be recovered in parts.

It is however quite interesting to look at.

I would refrain from speculation on the make and model, it's quite useless to us based on the high cost for the number of parts.

Last edited: