Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: X-Drive V6 3A Buck Driver "Sale and Info"

I PM'd you about a sale :)
I am very impressed with this driver!

Also, I have a possibly n00b question: Why would you go through the trouble of making the blank board instead of just making a round driver that size? Would it be simpler or am I wrong?

Last edited:

Panos

I got the driver before 12 hours about but I had no time to see it untill now. Now I seen it of course and as I expected this driver is truly the best, or maybe just perfect. And not only for the driver but and for the packaging in the ESD bag and for the silicon wires that gave to me and for this very nice copper heatsink and.. and.. and.. I thank Angelos VERY much !
(I feel like he saved me from a lot of trouble)
At the begining I connected it with a test load and I ensured its stability (I had only to heatsink it because mine is 2.1 A) then I replaced it with a real diode 9 mm I had from DTR (amazing man). I hope that after some days (because I have no much time) I will manage to make a thread with this laser I plan to do with a 9 mm DTR's diode and this driver (with photos, more explanation, e.t.c.).
LAZEERER IS GUARANTY !

Last edited:

Panos

...and I forgot to say about the blank board. is PERFECT. The best dimensions for a c6 host.

Panos

yes. with extension to can get 2 batteries IMR 18650, and some cutting in this aluminium part that fits the ring that holds the blank board (I do not remember now its name). copper heatsink (for the diode module but and for the driver) and I think (I will be 100% sure when I finish it) that it fits exactly and the last mm. (the cutting is not to fit the blank board, the blank board fits perfectly).

Last edited:

Fiddy

hey Lazeerer can you parallel this driver? (gunna need 3-4A for a TO-3 build.)

My testing show they parallel nicely, I only went to 3A for a brief time, but they seemed not to mind it at all. I don't have a scope so it was only the from the PSU and the ol' touch test.

Hey Mitch.:)

Yes you can Parallel them But whats the point.:whistle:

What alot of people dont know is that the X-Drive is Not really limited to 3A.:)

Its actually Higher then that.

4A-5A and can even go higher.:shhh:

I have not had the chance yet to make the proper post yet with all the pictures and details about it etc... But basically in short if your looking for 3-4A then that is easily doable with an X-Drive V6.:) No Need to Parallel 2 driver for that.:)

I actually sold a few of them to people looking for High Efficient drivers for there XML led builds at 3.2A and a couple to someone to parallel for an SST-50.:D

Here is a Picture i took of an X-Drive set to 3.2A for an XML:
057843bb.jpg

:D

What is the Exact Currant you would Like.:)?

Also I do Make Custom Boards upon request.:) So if you want a Special Size Board I can Make it happen.:wave:

In Short until i make the proper post the X-Drive can go Higher then 3A and if the currant you want is higher then the Max that 1 X-Drive can do then you can parallel them. THe X-Drive is a Beast.LOL

Last edited:
I'd like to order a 2 amp please and thanks =]

Shoot me the total price shipped to in the usa, and you paypal and ill send it right away!

MORE than 3 amps on one little x-drive? :eg::eg::eg:

Yes Sir.:)

I really dont want to go into to much detail yet as i need to get that post up but....

There is Different Chips with same specs as each other in the same line but different Max Outputs. The Higher the output the more each chip costs.

Rather then having all 5A chips lets say and paying more per chip which will make the X-Drive cost more it allows me to choose between the chips to use the one that fits best and keep cost down for everyone.

So in a way this is a good thing because it helps keep cost down for those that dont and wont ever need to see that high of a currant.

This is one of the reasons i liked fixed over Adj.

The Higher currant costs a little more to get but really not much. Few Dollars.:)

Way Way Much cheaper then buying 2 of 1 driver to duel them up.:wave: So its a Win Win Situation.

Being able to Go that high and Keeping the original specs is incredible.

Last edited:
Seen the sneak peek of the V7 in your switch thread. Can you go into detail about its specs? Oh and nothing better happen to you all these awsome drivers in your head your a walking success you need to write down all your thoughts and recipes and send them to me.:p

clif

Oh and nothing better happen to you all these awsome drivers in your head your a walking success you need to write down all your thoughts and recipes and send them to me.:p

Bet that would take a while ;) :whistle: