Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: TANK007 Complete Build Kit

cmak

search function, wretched ;)

also try clicking his profile and viewing some of the threads he's posted

peace & thanks
-cmak

How can I or where can I get a list of Flaminpyro's laser kits? My son and I are planning on building a bluray compact laser and I've heard great things about his kits but seem unable to find a list of his wares or a way to e-mail him. We're trying to stay under $100 for the complete build.

Any help or advise would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I received the host and Al heatsink today and I have to say, it is awesome. I can't wait to get the diode pressed in and ready to go. The stand is also one of the best features of the host. now it is possible to aim the laser and have it remain focus one that spot instead of propping the laser up with books and wedging it in place. FP did an amazing job with the machining, and made a slight change to the design. Instead of sticking out of the front of the host, the heatsink is flush with the front, which I really like. I might get a few more of these and try my hand at machining the heatsinks myself, since they are fairly simple.

AWESOME job FP :gj:

Thank you for the kind words :wave: I also took that host apart because I couldn't get to the switch to unsolder the crapy PVC wire and replace it with some of my realy cool silicone insulated wire, which is now in your new host.

Enjoy !

I received the host and Al heatsink today and I have to say, it is awesome. I can't wait to get the diode pressed in and ready to go. The stand is also one of the best features of the host. now it is possible to aim the laser and have it remain focus one that spot instead of propping the laser up with books and wedging it in place. FP did an amazing job with the machining, and made a slight change to the design. Instead of sticking out of the front of the host, the heatsink is flush with the front, which I really like. I might get a few more of these and try my hand at machining the heatsinks myself, since they are fairly simple.

AWESOME job FP :gj:

madog

Are you still ofering the TANK007 as a completed build? If so, how much?

Thanks for your time,
Matt

Hey Jeff does the heatsink stick out past the host?

EDIT: Oops read post 38 nevermind :D

Last edited:

cmak

Hey Pyro, do you think you could make some sort of focus adapter for this? I'm planning on making a 12X out of one of these in the coming months and I would prefer to spare my fingertips some pain :p

Oh and could you possibly quote me the price of the finished build with a 12X a la 405G1?

:thanks:
-Chris

Hey FP, do you have any of these hosts still floating around? I want to use one for a 445, but cant wait for it to arrive from DX. All I need is the host, I machined my own HS.

I'll be taking one more of these beautiful hosts.
How does the switch look in these tanks? Do the look like they can handle a 445nm build running at 950-1000mA?

Last edited:
I have 6 at my shop in Oregon and yea how did you know I had to tape them down to keep them from floating :p
I will be back there in a few days to pick them up as well as other host's, copper and aluminum to make HS with as well as other supplies and the mail ;)
Then I will be going to Washington for a couple weeks to check on mom but I will be working on HeatSinks up there :D

PS you can't even order one from DX now as they are out !

Hey FP, do you have any of these hosts still floating around? I want to use one for a 445, but cant wait for it to arrive from DX. All I need is the host, I machined my own HS.