Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel 18650 Kit! Polished! Perfect for 445...

Must be pretty good at building if you got that Key Chain built...

It's a nice little laser, but a tight fit.

Yes I have the hosts, but I am at least a couple of weeks out. Shoot me a PM! :)

Thanks for the encouraging words, yes the build was tough and a tight fit, but as you said a nice little laser.

I am thinking about making a thread about my build experience in the 445 section...just need some time to write out a good story/review and take lots of pictures.

And PM sent!!!

Jayrob, does this host fit any other battery type ( or batteries )than a 18650? I was planning to use a linear driver but a single 18650 would not be enough :/ Thanks

Last edited:

jayrob

Yes it would fit 2 X CR123's. Or RCR123's...

But you may need to do a little adjustment of the spring length. No big deal.

An easy sleeve material would be to take a 2 liter bottle, and cut a sheet of plastic that can be rolled to size...

Yes it would fit 2 X CR123's. Or RCR123's...

But you may need to do a little adjustment of the spring length. No big deal.

An easy sleeve material would be to take a 2 liter bottle, and cut a sheet of plastic that can be rolled to size...

Cool, thanks for the confirmation :wave:

What 445 build is the most easiest to install? (with like hot option and stuff.) im still deciding between the pocket mini, the CR2 build or this one. or is it all the same thing but only a different host??? you showed me an recommended config in a PM a while back but that was before you did the stainless steel build.

jayrob

What 445 build is the most easiest to install? (with like hot option and stuff.) im still deciding between the pocket mini, the CR2 build or this one. or is it all the same thing but only a different host??? you showed me an recommended config in a PM a while back but that was before you did the stainless steel build.

I have a few kits that are what I would call 'easy assembly' kits...

My black 18650 kit:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-18650-build-kit-easy-assembly-445nm-blu-ray-red-43857.html

SolarForce kit:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-solarforce-l2p-kit-18650-host-massive-heatsink-53746.html

P-19 Focusing head kit:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-p19-focusing-head-18650-kit-very-nice-host-57115.html

And my monster Maglite kit:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...exmodp3-side-button-forward-clicky-57278.html

The threads are shown as a 'picture tutorial' style, so you can take a look and see how it would be for the assembly... :)

Hey jayrob. Loving my rl118 but I need another laser one that can last longer then 15 mins. I was going to order two of these kits. Do you have two hosts you could build up?

jayrob

I have the Stainless Steel 18650 kits yes...

Only two of the SS RL-118's on hand at the moment though. (if those are the ones you are asking about)

Send me a PM! :)

Last edited:
This is probably my favorite host! It goes together fairly easily (especially with the hot option) and has great heatsinking! This host is very sharp looking with the stainless steel and Jayrob can even polish off the logos to make it just a plain Stainless Steel host which looks especially good with the EzFocus Adapter. I have 4 of these hosts right now and I can't get enough of them! They have a really nice clicky too that can be a momentary if you only partially push it in, not all the way... also I love the size of this host, I would even argue its the perfect size/weight :) Definatelly recommend this host +1 Jayrob great build and customer service was phenomenal!

10w

hello jayrob, im obviously a n00b when it comes to diy, but if i basically pick "hot" option and copper heatsink upgrade than all i would have to do is press the diode with aixiz module into the heatsink, solder the wires together, and put it in the housing, right? if im wrong which i probably am please tell me what i still have to do aditionally. and if i were to get the ez focus adapter with g1 lens kit how would i get the lense into the adapter, and the adapter into the host? please just pm me but make it for noobs. i would definetly buy almost immidiatly if i knew how to put it together. oh and could you adjust the driver for 1.5-2 w output? as i said, im a noob and im not sure at all how to do all these things. but i do have my heart set on this host so dont redirect me to one thats easier to assemble. thank you in advance!

jayrob

hello jayrob, im obviously a n00b when it comes to diy, but if i basically pick "hot" option and copper heatsink upgrade than all i would have to do is press the diode with aixiz module into the heatsink, solder the wires together, and put it in the housing, right? if im wrong which i probably am please tell me what i still have to do aditionally. and if i were to get the ez focus adapter with g1 lens kit how would i get the lense into the adapter, and the adapter into the host? please just pm me but make it for noobs. i would definetly buy almost immidiatly if i knew how to put it together. oh and could you adjust the driver for 1.5-2 w output? as i said, im a noob and im not sure at all how to do all these things. but i do have my heart set on this host so dont redirect me to one thats easier to assemble. thank you in advance!

Welcome to LPF...

Proper eye protection needed for this! :)

The max setting for a FlexDrive is 1.5 Amps. Which will be about 1.4 to 1.5 Watts depending on diode efficiency. (405-G-1)

You need a quality battery as well:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-18650-Protected-2900-mAh-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3671.html

If you get your 445 diode pre-installed into an AixiZ module with lead wires soldered on from daguin or DTR, then all you will need to do, is connect your diode leads to my driver leads. ('Hot' option kit)

The module is held into the heatsink with a set screw. You need a 1.5mm Hex wrench for the set screw.

The EzFocus adapter threads onto the top of the lens. It's easy...

Sending PM...

Last edited:

TuhOz

BUMP :bumpit:

Jayrob,
rhd starts selling Mosquitos with both leads and springs, so we need to cut the leads off.

You can add that to OP...:rolleyes:

The modules will have BOTH leads and springs attached when you receive them, so there will be NO reason to do any soldering on the drivers AT ALL. You can snip off whatever you don't need (leads or spring).