Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel 18650 Kit! Polished! Perfect for 445...

modules came today, and despite a bit of dodgy soldering, everything so far seems ok, diode is alive still :D. tapped wires to battery to test, got a flash.

jayrob

trinity_2200, I sent your Stainless Steel 18650 kit with copper heatsink, EzFocus adapter, 405-G-1 lens and other item today. (Tuesday)

Thanks!

jayrob

daguin, hey Dave I sent your Stainless Steel 18650 basic kit and other heatsinks today. (Friday)

lazeerer, same goes for your Stainless Steel 18650 copper heatsink...

Thanks!

Last edited:

DTR

I think that I am going to need to get one of these too.:eg:

got my kit today, looks nice. i've had a few difficulties though. the module wont go very far into the heatsink before getting stuck on something (even with screw unscrewed). its not far enough through for the focus adapter to reach it from the other side. am i doing something wrong?

is it ok that both the solder blobs on the underside of the pill touch the outer part of the host?

edit:nvm about heatsink, was putting it in backwards lol. still not sure about blobs

was flashing after a few seconds but i seem to have cured it by replacing the battery. which is strange because the battery I replaced only took a few minutes to recharge, and the one i replaced it with was charged too.
Anyway, it peaks around 900mW then slowly climbs down. Nice power through the 445 lense :D
focus ring sticks out surprisingly far but it isnt too bad, and easy to use.
Burns things upto 10 foot so far focused at infinity :gun:

Last edited:

jayrob

You can adjust the position of the focus ring by moving the module position inside the heatsink...

Hopefully, you did not use the back 'barrel' part of the AixiZ module. All that is needed with any decent heatsink, is the front 'business end' of the module.

Different lenses have different focal lengths. And this will affect how far the lens sticks out at focus. Which in turn, will affect where the focus adapter will sit.

I just sent back a large order of lenses to AixiZ because there were huge differences in focal length between the lenses, as well as other issues such as loose optics, and a 30% power difference between lenses.

Not good...

I asked that they get me my lenses from the same source that my first order of 70 came from. Because they were all good... (had to be a different source)

ah i used the whole module lol. would explain why I had difficulty fitting it all in :crackup:

soldering iron didnt want to cooperate. wires seemed to repelling the solder lol. got there in the end.
well has been a learning experience

Reactions: DTR

DTR

ah i used the whole module lol. would explain why I had difficulty fitting it all in :crackup:

soldering iron didn't want to cooperate. wires seemed to repelling the solder lol. got there in the end.

I did the same thing on my first one.:thinking: At least I have the comfort in knowing that I am not the only one to do this. It sucks to because you have to desolder the diode to get the back of the module off.:banghead:

I did the same thing on my first one.:thinking: At least I have the comfort in knowing that I am not the only one to do this. It sucks to because you have to desolder the diode to get the back of the module off.:banghead:

i wont have to desolder the diode, just desolder the connections to the driver wires. but its not necessary, fine like this.

Jayrob, I love this DIY design.

I've always understood the optics end of handhelds, but never thought the electrical end of assembling could be made to be as simple as sodering some wires to a diode. I think starting with this is a safe bet for me and other beginners. :beer:

Last edited:

jayrob

I'm sure you will not be disappointed with a 'Hot' option kit! Just a warning for all beginners (in case you may be a beginner) to get proper eye protection...

ah i used the whole module lol. would explain why I had difficulty fitting it all in

soldering iron didnt want to cooperate. wires seemed to repelling the solder lol. got there in the end.

It is normally not used in any of my kits. (the back end of the module) Except maybe the 3405 if your using a rkcstr driver. I'll add a little note in my instruction sheet...

Jax, I sent your SS 18650 kit with copper heatsink today. (Saturday)

rev0, same goes for you SS 18650 copper heatsink...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just got my Copper heatsink in today. Very solid i can see now way it workes very well. Thanks Jay :)

jayrob

Your welcome!

plexus, I am shipping your Stainless Steel 18650 kit with copper heatsink fit for 1/2" Custom Copper Module, EzFocus adapter, 405-G-1 lenses, and other item today. (Monday)

I think your going to like the way the Custom Copper Module fits the SS 18650 copper heatsink! :)

Copper%20module%203.jpg

plexus

Your welcome!
plexus, I am shipping your Stainless Steel 18650 kit with copper heatsink fit for 1/2" Custom Copper Module, EzFocus adapter, 405-G-1 lenses, and other item today. (Monday)

I think your going to like the way the Custom Copper Module fits the SS 18650 copper heatsink! :)

Copper%20module%203.jpg

mmmm nice! i love copper. i think this is a good design choice. can't wait to get it and start the build.

DTR

Your welcome!

Copper%20module%203.jpg

Jayrob you are making custom copper modules and did not tell me.
You know I am going to want one of these.:eg: