Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel 18650 Kit! Polished! Perfect for 445...

jayrob

Your welcome!

DTR, I sent your 'special assembly' Stainless Steel 18650 'Hot' option kit with Copper heatsink and 1/2" copper module today. (Thursday)

Per your request, the V5 FlexDrive is installed with a heatsink. I made it as big as I could, but it is not as large as the 3405 kit because of the size of the pill...

SS%2018650%2011.jpg

SS%2018650%2012.jpg

I gave you some extra room in the heatsink cavity...

I think you will like the fit for the 1/2" copper module into the heatsink.

One thing, I know you asked for 1.3 Amps, but it would not adjust that 'fine' in this range. It would go from around 1 Amp to 1460mA's at the slightest bump of the pot. I tried several times. So it is set at 1460mA's.

I'll bet if you used a cheap battery, it would not put out as much though...

I have noticed in this high current setting that you need an AW 18650. I've tried other batteries too. Like RCR123's and they can't handle the current draw needed.

Anyway, let me know how you like it!

DTR

That is goning to be one bad boy:spank:

I am going to have to get some shots of 4 <1W lasers boring a hole through something in unison.

As far as the power setting goes you know me. I am like Tim the Tool man I would use a chainsaw to carve thanksgiving turkey. So I think we are good there.:eg:

Thanks Jay, I got the stainless 18650 host running at >900mw. One point for those who are less than experienced building. You must make sure to drill the "pill" to the largest hole possible. You need that room, because it is a tight fit for the micro-boost. The other consideration is: make sure you use a flexible stranded gauge of wire to "wire up" the micro-boost. It is hard to get the wires to bend properly from the battery connections and the laser diode connections, if the wire isn't flexible(~26 gauge is good). You need to make sure to insulate the brass "pill" internally from the driver. Jay has successfully used electrical tape, and in my case, I cut a 1 gallon plastic milk jug for an insulator and just "formed" it to fit the inside edges of the "pill". I put a piece of electrical tape on top of the driver to resist shorting with the heat-sink. Then pinching the pill to the heat-sink I just spun them up into the cree host front-end. If all goes as planned, installing your battery will get you a "mighty" beam. ;-) Here's a pic. Notice that the laser provided the lighting, which was blue.............

4843437926_4af6b32bd6.jpg

Last edited:

jayrob

I always include all of the extra flashlight parts with the kits...

So there will be a doughnut shaped 'insulator ring' that was used to isolate the contacts from the stock emitter from making contact with the aluminum pill. (and shorting out)

That insulator ring can be handy when installing your driver into the pill.

It can be placed on top of the driver to make sure that no contact points on the top of the driver can touch the inside of the pill. The hole in the center will still allow adjustment of the pot, as well as your lead wires to come through... (just one option if your situation calls for it)

Netscott, I sent your Kits, lenses, and EzFocus adapters today. (Friday)

Hope your builds go well!

I always include all of the extra flashlight parts with the kits...

So there will be a doughnut shaped 'insulator ring' that was used to isolate the contacts from the stock emitter from making contact with the aluminum pill. (and shorting out)

That insulator ring can be handy when installing your driver into the pill.

It can be placed on top of the driver to make sure that no contact points on the top of the driver can touch the inside of the pill. The hole in the center will still allow adjustment of the pot, as well as your lead wires to come through... (just one option if your situation calls for it)

Netscott, I sent your Kits, lenses, and EzFocus adapters today. (Friday)

Hope your builds go well!

Thanks! Very much looking forward to getting them and joining the High-Powered Bluray and 445 nm revolutions! ;)

-Scott

jayrob

Let me know how you like the kits!

RDTech, I sent your Stainless Steel 18650 basic kits today. (Saturday)

Thanks!

thought I should mention, removed the back of the aixiz module a few days ago and it looks great now, can get it so focus ring barely sticks out at all at infinity. Also with everything snug inside the heatsink no longer moves around, gives a firmer focus. Got beam shots on video after some smoke in a can lol, looks amazing, will upload soon.

jayrob

Good deal... You have learned some important things to look for when doing a build...

Now your hooked on building! See you next kit! :)

jayrob

Stainless Steel 18650 kits shipped today: (Tuesday)

PlasmaCube (with copper heatsink, EzFocus adapter, AixiZ 445 lens)

pHeneX (with copper heatsink, AixiZ 445 lens, and other item)

netmon22 (with copper heatsink, 'Hot' option set at 1 Amp, AixiZ 445 lens, Custom Focus Knob)

Hope you guys like the kits!

jayrob

il3lake, I'm sending your Stainless Steel 18650 'Hot' option kit with copper heatsink, EzFocus adapter, AixiZ 445 lens, and AixiZ module today. (Friday)

It is set at 900mA's per your request...

Post back some comments and/or pictures! :)

DTR

Jay this host is beautiful. Very nice work you do.

This thing has an amazingly smooth look with the stainless steel. It has great weight and feels pretty balanced compared with the standard 18650 that feels a little lighter and top heavy in comparison. With the custom Ezfocus and the 445 glass this thing just makes me say wow.

I will post a full review with pics and vids of this killer unit when my LPM from Lasersbee gets here so I can dazzle all.

Looking forward to building it Jay. I hear the Perseids meteor shower peaks tomorrow night - if I get it this week I could have it fired up for some asteroid shooting action.

:thanks:

jayrob

Looking forward to seeing some streaks in the sky...

DTR, glad you like it! :)

Stainless Steel 18650 kits shipped today: (Tuesday)

Geoffcake (with other items)
scopeguy20 (with other items including your black 18650 kit)

Thanks!

jayrob

FrancoRob, I'm sending your SS 18650 'Hot' option kit with copper heatsink, 1/2" copper module, EzFocus adapter and AixiZ 445 lens today. (Wednesday)

Sending to the specified address. Set at 1 Amp per your request...

Hope you like it!

FrancoRob, I'm sending your SS 18650 'Hot' option kit with copper heatsink, 1/2" copper module, EzFocus adapter and AixiZ 445 lens today. (Wednesday)

Sending to the specified address. Set at 1 Amp per your request...

Hope you like it!

I'll like it for sure, Jay! (I can't wait to have it in my hands)....:beer: