Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Kryton Grooves. Kenometer PRo

1time

Re: FS: Kryton Grooves

If the blue is still available i want one pm with pp info

so are these just housings or something? I'm really new here and trying to figure this out. Thanks!

actually never thought to ask, what kind of batteries do these take anyway, and how is the driver mounted on these? Sorry if they're stupid questions.

Kenom

so are these just housings or something? I'm really new here and trying to figure this out. Thanks!

This is everything you need to build a laser except a laser diode, battery and driver. Once you provide those, the assembly instructions are above in the videos.

actually never thought to ask, what kind of batteries do these take anyway, and how is the driver mounted on these? Sorry if they're stupid questions.
Not a silly question at all. Lots of folks have asked the same question.

The type of batteries you use depends on the driver you use. If you use say for example a lavadrive, you only need a single 18650. If your going to use a linear driver, you will use 2 x CR123's. Essentially if the driver can run off 3v, use a 18650, if it requires more, use CR123's. The driver is mounted many different ways. I like to mount the driver right directly to the pins of the laser diode, however some drivers make that impossible so you will still need wires. If your going to mount it with wires externally, you will need a round pcb at the battery top to connect to the battery. Hope that answers your questions.

Last edited:

ah ok so yea that's basically what I was wondering is if there was a spot to mount a round board like one of moh's 17mm linears

Kenom

ah ok so yea that's basically what I was wondering is if there was a spot to mount a round board like one of moh's 17mm linears

The inside diameter is 18mm, so you'd have plenty of room to mount the driver in there, however you would probably want to affix it to another board for the battery connection. The body provides the negative path. I've used a simple round radio shack board for this purpose and it works great.

1time

Sent mone can't wait thank you.

Last edited:

Nice sale Ken-- those are and always been epic & unique hosts-- if I were not in debt and trying hard to focus on projectors I would be all over some of those at these bargain prices- GL to you pal..
len

PM sent for blue black fade. :)

Edit: :paypal:

Last edited:

Kenom

all paid for barrels have been shipped.

Kenom

Still have the Kenometer Pro for sale, and a few of the Krytons left.

Reasonable offers for the Kenometer entertained. I can also just sell the base unit and no sensor for $250

Last edited: