Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Hi-Power AR Lens Assy- 25-30% Inc. vs. Aixiz

I see no evidence of a splash with my 6X GGW set to 180ma at ~15 feet and focused at 15 feet. I can see a crisp image of the diodes lasing/transition zone in the dot, which is extremely tight/bright. Thanks Larry for a great lens. I will probably bump the flexdrive up to 190ma and stay there for longevity.

I can see a crisp image of the diodes lasing/transition zone in the dot, which is extremely tight/bright.
Hi,

is that what you see from close up (to the projected dot) and is it with or w/o safety glasses?

thx

p.s. Larry, that's what you wrote a few posts back and why I'd love to see some before/after pics the next time you (or someone else) go through said process :)

Traveller;

If I find another, I'll be sure to get some photos...

before and after cleaning.

LarryDFW

elitesniper;

The better threads keep the focus from jumping around.

Eliminating the spring, eliminates the spring scraping particles inside the lens assembly (keeping the lens cleaner);
and allows opening up the aperture for Red OC's.

That, in turn, increases the power output.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
Oh yes i know but like when I focus the action goes smoothly not rough and not full of friction correct?:)

elitesniper;

The focusing action is very smooth with the Class 3A tighter threads...

but without the wobbling inherent in the standard Aixiz lens nut.

Here's a few of them ready for assembly:

brsnut10.jpg

Thanks,

LarryDFW

Last edited:
Xer0;

Thanks for the compliment.

OK, you forced me to watch the video. it was cute.

Now however, I fear the wrath of "Coily".

LarryDFW

Larry- I am interested in your new brass lenses.
Are they already available for purchase or are you still putting everything together?
I'll have to pick one up when I get everything for my 6X.

RA;

I am testing one on an 8X tonight.

I have several in stock ...

and the open aperture design ...,

should increase power output for Red OC's.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
LaserBee;

I just finished testing your brass "No Spring" lens assembly.

It will be shipped tomorrow.

It will make a great burning combo with your new 8X.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
Hey Trav! The beam is too intense to view without laser glasses any closer than ~15 feet at 180mw. I quickly look at the beam profile and then avert my eyes to be on the cautious side. And I'm looking at a wall with matte cream colored paint that doesn't create specular reflections. I don't recommend looking at a beam profile close up with UV, as you are well aware of. It's better to get the camera out for that.

Hi,

is that what you see from close up (to the projected dot) and is it with or w/o safety glasses?

thx

p.s. Larry, that's what you wrote a few posts back and why I'd love to see some before/after pics the next time you (or someone else) go through said process :)

Just got an LPC going at 180ma with the AR glass lens in. It is very bright and has a clean profile. I will finish getting it into a host tomorrow and then pump the current up somewhat.

Hey Trav! The beam is too intense to view without laser glasses any closer than ~15 feet at 180mw.

i'm not sure if my question was properly-worded but here is a sample with and without 4xxnm goggles. Note that the background is black, to avoid unnecessary splash ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0088_websm.jpg
    IMG_0088_websm.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0084_websm.jpg
    IMG_0084_websm.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 86
When I get a chance, I'll take a pic and post it showing my beam profile. The GGW stopped working, but I have the AR lens on the LPC. When it was on the GGW 6X, there was a tight formation of consecutive bright dots and I didn't have any radiating spray at all around them. They looked like a sharp image of what the laser diode junction would have looked like.