Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Custom machined laser hosts

I'm in need of a custom machined host, and these hosts look really good, it might be a bit difficult to make so I'd like to message you about the details in private if possible.

Well, congratulations on selling the last one. Time to build some more and start the sale over again. :yh:

Last edited:
Just updated the OP, hell of a deal on the M140 build!

New host too, this is the third one I've made, it's the pen host with the copper sink. Tiny little guy, looks great probably one of my favorites. This is one of the only hosts I'll ever offer in this metal combo (copper/stainless)!

Keep in mind it comes disassembled, ready for a 12mm module. All that's needed is to press in the module (a vice will do you well), connect the contact board and you're set. Also keep in mind the module needs to be wired with a case signal as one of the driver inputs!

@EP I'm a bit confused. What signal are you talking about? Or are you just saying the case needs to be a current return for the host?

@EP I'm a bit confused. What signal are you talking about? Or are you just saying the case needs to be a current return for the host?

Yep, sorry Paul, meant the latter. No specific signal, just needs to be positive or negative from the battery (up to how the builder wires it, I would recommend case negative) to complete the circuit.

For a better visualization it would just be one of the driver inputs connected to the case pin on a given diode.

Yep, sorry Paul, meant the latter. No specific signal, just needs to be positive or negative from the battery (up to how the builder wires it, I would recommend case negative) to complete the circuit.

For a better visualization it would just be one of the driver inputs connected to the case pin on a given diode.

Oh, okay. The pin you connect DOES need to be the one that isn't regulated, though. If it were the other pin, would cause a short across your battery.

Oh, okay. The pin you connect DOES need to be the one that isn't regulated, though. If it were the other pin, would cause a short across your battery.

The setup should look a little something like this:

s6olmd.jpg

Reactions: GSS