Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Custom machined laser hosts

Re: FS: Custom machined laser host(s)

The first host has been purchased by BobMc, thanks! :D Currently in queue for custom jobs are the following forum members:

[Redacted] Added to OP

Also trying to fit in an order for 94Z28 but that might not be for a while, he says he's still deciding. If you'd like a custom order expect to wait a while, and let me know if you want in on the queue.

Last edited:

I'm in need of a custom host build too.

Sounds good, you have been added 4th to the queue. After the 5th person I'm going to halt the queue and complete all projects.

Incoming PM!

Love the look of the host in the OP, my host should be here today so I'm pretty excited about it!!

So far I've really liked the look of all the custom hosts you've created. For a while there I was worried that the days of custom machined hosts were gone, but thank goodness there's talented people stepping up to the plate. I too want a custom host that mimics a sinner host, but seeing as I already have multiple projects on the back burner, I better take it one host at a time!!

Also did someone buy the 'potato smasher'? I'd love the see the end result with that build, heatsinking must be fantastic on that one!

Love the look of the host in the OP, my host should be here today so I'm pretty excited about it!!

So far I've really liked the look of all the custom hosts you've created. For a while there I was worried that the days of custom machined hosts were gone, but thank goodness there's talented people stepping up to the plate. I too want a custom host that mimics a sinner host, but seeing as I already have multiple projects on the back burner, I better take it one host at a time!!

Also did someone buy the 'potato smasher'? I'd love the see the end result with that build, heatsinking must be fantastic on that one!

Hey CaliKirk, thanks a lot for the words! :D I've got some host ideas that I'll work on once I don't have any custom orders to work on.

About the "potato smasher" host, that's been at a standstill through all of this. I made a replica of it for my 07e as it's been without a home for far too long, but the one I was planning to sell got dropped into a ton of metal stock and took a beating; as you can imagine a smooth finished piece of aluminum is soft compared to some of the metals in that pile, I've just been too busy to remove the dents and start it back up again. Maybe some day in the future!

I'll take the opportunity of this post to say that the OP has been updated with some info regarding custom orders. Take a look if you're interested! :yh:

Sta

Hey EP, it is really excellent that you are limiting the queue. While it may not seem ideal it is a perfect way to avoid Eitan syndrome. :beer:

hey EP just pmed you the Siner host pics and measurement. along with the spartan host...

i just went from zero to 67?

Last edited:
@Sta thanks, I thought it would be a good way to not only reduce workload to fit the amount of free time I have but also to keep things organized. :yh:

hey EP just pmed you the Siner host pics and measurement. along with the spartan host...

i just went from zero to 67?

I haven't received a PM from you. Also about the rep (the points), it doesn't kick in until you hit 50 posts. So it jumps from zero to the number your at for everybody after your first 50 posts.

Here's the thing with the replicating hosts, I want everybody to read this if you're interested in a custom host.
Now, I don't mind making "replicas" of mass produced laser hosts such as CNI, or perhaps something else you might see. But I really don't want to replicate a Sinner host or an Ehgemus host. These guys have put their own thought into unique designs. The only way I'd be comfortable with doing so is if you got their approval. Because think about it, it's basically making money off of another man's idea. Sure some people do it, but I know if I had someone copy one of my host designs and sell it I would not be very happy at all. I am not looking to make anyone upset and I'm not in this for the money, I'm trying to provide a good source of quality machined hosts for LPF, just like there was when I first logged on and made an account here.

BUT IF, if you would like to incorperate a design based off of a feature of one of these guys' pieces of work, for example sinner's grooved handles, I would be okay with that. A lot of the hosts I've worked on I have added design elements I have seen others use, but still in a way in which the host is original.

Sinner approved it himself from one of those thread from long ago
and thanks for the answer.

Sinner approved it himself from one of those thread from long ago
and thanks for the answer.

Ok, that's great to hear. It gives a lot more "wiggle room". Though my point does still stand, I can make something similar to a Sinner host, but I won't make an exact copy. It would be with my own twist/style. :yh:

Also, great to see another member from the GTA. :D

If you don't mind me asking, what thread did Sinner approve of this? Thanks

Last edited:
Ok, that's great to hear. It gives a lot more "wiggle room". Though my point does still stand, I can make something similar to a Sinner host, but I won't make an exact copy. It would be with my own twist/style. :yh:

Also, great to see another member from the GTA. :D

If you don't mind me asking, what thread did Sinner approve of this? Thanks

it was his last word. there's a link on his user profile page.

do you work with other material?

Last edited:
I should be able to get the Flashlight bell housing out in the mail tomorrow. Ill email the tracking to you when I get it. Can't wait to see your work :wave: dont forget to record the dimensions. I imagine that it could become a regular order. Ill have a thread showing how easy this build can be. Till then :beer:

The host http://r.ebay.com/LK5BTF I forget which thread I saw it referenced in. I believe it was about the XM900.

Last edited:
@tomfire, as of right now I've only got alu on hand but will be sourcing copper and maybe brass eventually.

Thanks for letting me know dden, and I'll definitely be sure to keep a write-up of the dimensions!

@Electric How's the queue looking for your custom host requests?

Hey thanks for reminding me, 2 spots opened up today. See the OP for the queue list. I'm also working on some other hosts that aren't custom ordered in the background to sell. Let me know if you need anything!

BobMc

EP, just checking on the host your making for me will it be threaded coming out the front so it can accept a beam expander? ( that would be nice) !