Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Custom machined laser hosts

Sta

Hey EP, shouldn't I be in the queue (but on hold) due to the host I commissioned?

Hey EP, shouldn't I be in the queue (but on hold) due to the host I commissioned?

Hi Sta, I recall you asking to wait a bit before I start anything, so I didn't put you in queue just yet. I'll edit the OP to put you in.

EP, just checking on the host your making for me will it be threaded coming out the front so it can accept a beam expander? ( that would be nice) !

Depends on the BE. Will shoot you a PM!

The new picture on the OP is mine:D The top one with the hole for a momentary switch:D

It is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

ElectricPlasma is a fantastic artist and clearly does quality work:)

Re: FS: [NEW HOSTS!] Custom machined laser hosts

Lildutchboy7, I appreciate what you have to say and hope you enjoy it! Will be a pleasure working on your second host. :yh:

Just added two new hosts for sale in the OP! PM me for any extra details or if you'd like to purchase.

This is a mock up, there's a laser behind it on the window sill. I am just waiting on the NDB7675 for this host, super excited about how it has turned out so far though.

I4FD1Md.jpg

BobMc

This is a mock up, there's a laser behind it on the window sill. I am just waiting on the NDB7675 for this host, super excited about how it has turned out so far though.

I4FD1Md.jpg

Even though it's a mock-up, still quite impressive. EP does some great work. If you can, post a build thread on it. Promises to be a beauty.:)

Last edited:

I have about 4 builds threads I need (and will) to make. Since my pc hasnt been hooked up (we moved) I have been doing a lot of laser work.

And yes EP does GREAT work. I was super impressed when I got them! Will be impressed again once they are finished im sure. =]

Last edited:

BobMc

I have about 4 builds threads I need (and will) to make. Since my pc hasnt been hooked up (we moved) I have been doing a lot of laser work.

And yes EP does GREAT work. I was super impressed when I got them! Will be impressed again once they are finished im sure. =]

Looking forward to your build threads. I enjoy them in a big way. You can learn how other people do things and pick up ideas to incorporate in your next build. Everybody has something to add. Best wishes with your builds!:)

The more hosts I'm able to make the better I'll get, practice makes perfect ;) Awaiting all these build threads, looks great!

BobMc

Last I asked he didn't have access to large quantities of copper or brass but maybe he found something by now.

You like my host?:D I'd do a full copper as well if I could.

You might want to touch base with EP he's turned some brass hosts for me. They are for 10440's and 14500. I've got some solid copper ones on order. So it's worth a question??

As of right now, I've got 25mm diameter(largest I have) copper stock in the shop, I can make sinks out of that but if you'd like something bigger then feel free to PM me. Copper extrusions are pretty hard to come by around here, I'd be able to make heatsinks out of it but the handle would have to be aluminum. I'll have to check with my metals dealer to see if I'd be able to get >25mm copper if anyone's interested.

Also, brass heatsinks and full mini hosts (14500 or smaller) are available on request. Those are no problem. :yh: