Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS custom focus rings for any build

Nice, pretty sure I will reach that point eventually. :)

The only problem is they usually don't fit too well, to say the thread spec is followed loosely would be a massive understatement. They are also usually painted as well.

I'm sure it adds a little bit though, not a direct replacement for mass attached directly to the diode though!

Toke

The only problem is they usually don't fit too well, to say the thread spec is followed loosely would be a massive understatement. They are also usually painted as well.
Annoying.
I'm sure it adds a little bit though, not a direct replacement for mass attached directly to the diode though!
No, but I still like the idea of making full use of such a nice piece of metal. :)

There is one thing I dont like about all the focus rings being made. No dust cap. Can you guys design one that you can add a dust cap?

@ TJ and Flaminpyro:

The dust cap problem can be solved easily...

Instead of cutting out the "nub" from the commonly used GITD silicone tail caps, leave it and cut off the "outside" of the tail cap.
This will leave the nub exposed and the top (textured part) of the tail cap.
The aperture should be ~5mm dia. to allow the nub to fit inside. Instead of the dust cap fitting over the focus ring, it fits inside.

Here is a picture of how I implemented it in some of my builds:
DSC09784 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
DSC09636 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

No, I was looking for a dust cap for the focus ring. All the focus rings leave an open hole in the end. RA was telling us how to fix the error in design.

OK, I get what you're trying to do now. Thanks for clearin' that up for me !!

Very cool idea, it was there all along but we just couldn't see it but you did R_A, Thanks :D

@ TJ and Flaminpyro:

The dust cap problem can be solved easily...

Instead of cutting out the "nub" from the commonly used GITD silicone tail caps, leave it and cut off the "outside" of the tail cap.
This will leave the nub exposed and the top (textured part) of the tail cap.
The aperture should be ~5mm dia. to allow the nub to fit inside. Instead of the dust cap fitting over the focus ring, it fits inside.

Here is a picture of how I implemented it in some of my builds:
DSC09784 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
DSC09636 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

They do make focusing a lot easer and realy inhance the look of your laser ;)
Here is the last three I just finished.
ab1f07.jpg

jakeGT

o yea i want the hydra with my tank if thats possible jeff!

HIMNL9

Hi FP, can you please say me where to get one of these glowing blue tritium vials ?

I need one very small (like, 10 or 12 mm lenght maximum), but i've found only those cheapy chinese keychains around (like DX ones), and the vials inside are usually 18/20mm long ..... can't find the small blue ones anymore, perhaps.