Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 13096 host Complete Build Kit

FS: TR-803 host Complete Build Kit

Howdy All This a TR-803, a CR-123 based host with a maxium size custom heat sink. this heatsink is as large as possible right down to the last half thousand .0005
as pictured here for a GREEN module the heatsink is even longer than it is for the red or BLU-RAY or 445nm versions. this kit can be bought with one or all the parts nessary to assemble a complete laser or can be assembled and tested here by our custom laser assemblers :shhh:...
a full kit would include:
the host 13096, a Custom Machined Heatsink, a PHR diode (pressed into the heatsink module if you want), a Dr. Lave flex drive, and a CR-123 cell, this Complete kit sells for $74.00 ea. plus shipping. Enjoy ! thanks for looking.

lets get started get the right size aluminum slug.
2j1a595.jpg

spin up the mounting ring and machine it.
244unva.jpg

spin up a slug till enough aluminum flys off and you can stop the lathe.
aeti74.jpg

and see what it looks like.
2n1w60g.jpg

and test fit some parts.
1om3wh.jpg

Good Fit !
28cemnr.jpg

take it out, turn it around machine that side and cut it off to length.
ehejwx.jpg

a pic of the just completed TR-803 heatsink with a green module.
2mexyrc.jpg

the finished product after machining.
24pxy7t.jpg

and
aua8o0.jpg

and here's the little beauty putting out 123mW of green power !
aovn9z.jpg

enjoy the pic's...

Check out this link> http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/flaminpyros-stuf-67118.html#post966672

Last edited:

Nice work Flaminpyro! You did a nice work building that heatsink :) Can you post pictures of the laser assembled and lasing?

jeffd

Wow haha I dont know what I did to deserve this being dedicated to! But hey thats alright by me :)

But once again excellent lathe work pyro. That looks like some serious heatsinking! This looks like it would be perfect if you wanted to run a high power diode!

Also at $90 for a completed blu-ray with flex drive, this laser is a steal! You will have a hard time finding a laser for cheaper that can even compare in quality. Haha pyro how are you making any profit?!

Last edited:
If you unscrew the front and remove the LED or driver board you will see a metal wall with two little holes drilled through it well that wall needs to be machined outa there and the sides machined smooth so the heatsink can slide in e a s y so if you want to send me your host I will do that for you and machine a heatsink to fit.
A heatsink for the host is $30.00 + shipping

BR Pyro...

id be interested in a heatsink for just an aixiz. ive got one of these sitting less than 6" from me right now..

on a second note you may want to add a ? to this "LOOKING FOR A HOST WITH PERFECT HEAT SINKING". it seems more like your making a statement instead of asking a ?..

If you unscrew the front and remove the LED or driver board you will see a metal wall with two little holes drilled through it well that wall needs to be machined outa there and the sides machined smooth so the heatsink can slide in e a s y so if you want to send me your host I will do that for you and machine a heatsink to fit.
A heatsink for the host is $30.00 + shipping

BR Pyro...

im familiar with how to modify these. ive had dark_horse modify one for me before. 30$+shipping is a bit rich for my blood when i had them made in the past for <25$ shipped. thanks anyway pyro.

So you have all ready built one of these with a heat sink made by some one other than me is that correct ? and how long ago in the past was that ? if you can anwer yes to the first question I will make YOU one for $25.00 as long as you would do a review on it and say what you realy think about it.
is that a deal ? BR Pyro... :eg:

im familiar with how to modify these. ive had dark_horse modify one for me before. 30$+shipping is a bit rich for my blood when i had them made in the past for <25$ shipped. thanks anyway pyro.

If $30.00 is too rich for your blood then you should take advantage of the special offer I made only to you it will stand till you use it, have a good day !

HIMNL9

$ 30 ? ..... ok, i'll take it, but you have to wait til i made enough space in the room for place it there.

Oh, wait, you was speaking about the heatsink, not the lathe ..... nevermind.

(J/K :p :D)

BTW, it looks that you have a certain experience with lathe works, seeing these surfaces ;) ..... do you build and file your tools, or just buy them ready-to-use ? :beer:

Nice work Flaminpyro! Definitely cool for the reds and violets....but it sticks waaaay out there for the green. Maybe if you added some fins for aesthetics?...and polish it. Or not, LOL (not trying to upset you bro)

Do you have a milling machine too?

HIMNL9

Looking at the design, i think that for add fins to the outside part, he have to build it in 2 pieces, and screw them together through the front ring (the retaining step is inside, so for make the front part more big, same diameter of the front ring, and make fins in it, it need to be a second part screwed on the first one, that i mean)

A lot more work ;)

A little of both I have diamond grinding wheels for sharpining carbide and shaping cutting tools and I buy finished tools and tool steel for makinf tools out of. also I own about 56 different major files so yes I do file a lot.
Peace all...

$ 30 ? ..... ok, i'll take it, but you have to wait til i made enough space in the room for place it there.

Oh, wait, you was speaking about the heatsink, not the lathe ..... nevermind.

(J/K :p :D)

BTW, it looks that you have a certain experience with lathe works, seeing these surfaces ;) ..... do you build and file your tools, or just buy them ready-to-use ? :beer:

Very Cool, advice is always welcome, this particular laser was commisined and they did not want fins I agree with you but after carring it around in my front pocket for a week I realy like the smooth finish and it's size. I will put fins on yours if that is what you would like all my heatsinks can be modified to suit the customer. I can shorten it up some but it realy feels good in your hand at that length. Thanks for the advice,BR Pyro...

Nice work Flaminpyro! Definitely cool for the reds and violets....but it sticks waaaay out there for the green. Maybe if you added some fins for aesthetics?...and polish it. Or not, LOL (not trying to upset you bro)

Do you have a milling machine too?