Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: >110mW PHR, >140mW 4x & >170mW 6x Blu-Rays

I don´t know but he should have some private problems :confused:
About 2 months ago I emailed with him a lot concerning a red and a 12x br-build for me. He finished the work on the red and was only waiting for the EZ-Focus for it. I shipped him a Ehgemus host for the br-build. Now, for more than 5 weeks I haven´t heard a single word from him. I emailed him several times, tried to contact him due LPF... nothing! I also asked him if he decided to cancel the br project, no reply.

Does anybody know what is going on in his life? Maybe someone is able to PM me in this case. I saved a lot of money for these professional IgorT builds, I totally respect his knowledge and work on lasers but I don´t really know what to do now.

Hope dies last :)

Well, yeah, I'm afraid it's his M.O. ... ;)

Not that he does it out of a lack of respect for his LPF colleagues, it's because he's usually working on a dozen projects at once, be it with his actual business or be it for us here @LPF. Not only does this use up 110% of his time but occasionally it leads to health problems. Who doesn't break down after burning the candle at both ends without taking a break?

Igor lives like he's prepping for final exams 365 days a year, sigh... :-/

As you can see from the last few posts in this thread, new business has slowed down to a crawl, for undetermined reasons. I'm also interested in a 12X but I'm in no hurry so I haven't bothered "re-sending" the email with my request. What's the point? He should take the time to read, not to mention post updates in his main *sales* thread (this thread).

But back to your dilema, DJNY: things may have changed for all I know, but the last time I checked, Daguin, Francorob & of scopeguy20 are the ones to ask if you really need to get a better idea of what Igor's up to.

Good luck & please do keep us posted :beer:

*EDIT*
Ok, having read Glenn's last post in this thread, my guess is that Igor now has a full time job building Glenn lasers... :p

I have 5 IgorT BR lasers and one red. Next up a WF by IgorT ! -Glenn

Last edited:

DJNY

Well, yeah, I'm afraid it's his M.O. ... ;)

Not that he does it out of a lack of respect for his LPF colleagues, it's because he's usually working on a dozen projects at once, be it with his actual business or be it for us here @LPF. Not only does this use up 110% of his time but occasionally it leads to health problems. Who doesn't break down after burning the candle at both ends without taking a break?

Igor lives like he's prepping for final exams 365 days a year, sigh... :-/

As you can see from the last few posts in this thread, new business has slowed down to a crawl, for undetermined reasons. I'm also interested in a 12X but I'm in no hurry so I haven't bothered "re-sending" the email with my request. What's the point? He should take the time to read, not to mention post updates in his main *sales* thread (this thread).

But back to your dilema, DJNY: things may have changed for all I know, but the last time I checked, Daguin, Francorob & of scopeguy20 are the ones to ask if you really need to get a better idea of what Igor's up to.

Good luck & please do keep us posted :beer:

*EDIT*
Ok, having read Glenn's last post in this thread, my guess is that Igor now has a full time job building Glenn lasers... :p

You´re right, but his last vital sign concerning my project was on the 5th March, I emailed him 2 weeks later, and another 8 emails/PMs/visitor messages in the last weeks. I don´t want to stress him, but a simple reply like "I´ve much to do know, the Ehgemus host arrived, I contact you when I´ve more time" would be enough, would take him 1 minute and would calm me down.

Hope Igor doesn´t have serious health problems!

Glenn should let him take a breath! :)

Sam7

2 months since my last inquiry....any news on Igor's glass lens? if that project is dead, is there an alternative? a friend of mine and i both have a 6x BR from him and we'd like to get some glass. anyone else offering glass for his builds?

Id say the lens project is in the trash. Igor can hardly get to what he has going now. I've abandoned hope for the new lens loooong ago.

2 months since my last inquiry....any news on Igor's glass lens? if that project is dead, is there an alternative? a friend of mine and i both have a 6x BR from him and we'd like to get some glass. anyone else offering glass for his builds?

Check out jayrob's 405-g-1 lens. they work great!

Sam7

even on igor's BR builds?
i'm willing to try it, as long as it fits.

the lens barrel of jay's, is it metal or plastic?
has his been properly fitted to igor's builds?

daguin

Both Jayrob's and LarryDFW's lenses work with IgorT's builds.

They are all the standard AixiZ threading

The output is very similar

Peace,
dave

jayrob

Sometimes Igor uses Sure modules instead of AixiZ. He told me he would start noting this for the buyer...

If it is a Sure module, I will need to know. Because the lens nut needs some slight modification to thread comfortably into the Sure modules:

Glass%20405nm22.jpg

daguin

Sometimes Igor uses Sure modules instead of AixiZ. He told me he would start noting this for the buyer...

If it is a Sure module, I will need to know. Because the lens nut needs some slight modification to thread comfortably into the Sure modules:

Glass%20405nm22.jpg

I forgot about those. You can tell if you have a Sure module by removing the lens and looking down into the module. (remove the battery before doing this)

Do the threads go all the way down to the bottom of the module (down by the diode)? If they do, you have an AixiZ. If there is a small bit of "smooth" (un-threaded) side down near the bottom, you have a Sure module.

Peace,
dave

Sam7

so, now it's the question of which one to get...larryDFW's or jayrob's.
i also want the e-z focus ring adapter

jayrob

It's Igor's host/build?

I'm in CA...

If you would like to send me your laser, I can make sure the lens/EzFocus adapter combo will be sized perfectly for your build...

Send me a PM! :)

Sam7

one more thing... i see that the above pic of the module posted by daguin is metal. is that the same for the aixiz?
i would prefer metal

Last edited: