Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Freakin spider

That is pretty cool. There are probably some neat applications for an articulated robot like that...

Of course, if real spiders were dog sized, I'd never leave the house.

Lol shows it to a guy who's deathly afraid of spiders... o_O

I thought I was going to see a video of a spider being burnt up by a laser!!

That video just needs some good dance music going in the background.

That thing is pretty F&$#ing awesome! I think it may come with a remote control too. i am not sure if or how it handles locomotion with thumb sticks though.

The only thing that would make that cooler would be "fricken lasers built in its head!" like scumbag said. If I could get them to give me the CAD drawings for the top exo-skeleton i bet i could modify it myself with some laser beam ports and mounts...imagine a remote control spider that sets things on fire with laser beams from its eyes hahaha

Group Buy!! I want a hand in building this too! Not that I will actually get a chance...just sayin'...

I just sent robugtix.com a message asking if there would be interested in helping with the retrofit. Redesigning the exoskeleton to house maybe two 3W lasers, proper heat sinking, TTL and a separate power supply will be no small task...but i dare to dream damnit!

Last edited:

IsaacT

*whips out monster 445*

Imma kill the spider!!! *braveheart style* FREEEEEDOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Pews Robot into next Century*

I'm an arachophobe to the bone,

But I kinda want this. The kinematics engine is incredible, producing such fluid syncronized motion over large array of motors.

I'd totally mount a laser on it's head.

Monkeylord_insitu.jpg