Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Found some interesting 445 lens.. ;)

No These lenses are not the same as my 445nm lenses.:)

Mine are Single Element as in only 1 optic and are Long Focal lenth.

Though i did try these out a while ago that Anthony has. I really dont remember 10mm though. Thats Crazy. Thats Pretty close to Single mode at the Distance 30 feet.! If not better.:thinking:

THis was 1 year ago and I still have the lens nut but no optics inside.

My lenses are Long Focal Lens. THe ones I have for 445nm Give you 0 Artifacts and No wings or anything. Really.! Its a Nice Clean Dot area and the best you will ever see and what i was looking for. Also the Dot at 27 feet is ~ 13mm IIRC with a Power drop of ~200mW Compared to an Aixiz Lens at 1.2W.

But these lenses that Ant found are pretty cool. 10mm. I still cant get over that.:p

What the lenses that Anthony found if i can try to make sence here as its hard to explain this if no one has seen the inside optics of an Aixiz lens but if you have thesse are the same thing you find in an Aixiz 3 element lens but there is only 2 optics instead of the 3.

In a Standard 3 element lens you would find 2 lenses Glued together and One buy itself that sit close to your diode window.

In these 2 element ones there is Only 2 optics and what they did was removed the smaller lenses that is Glued together with the other center larger lens and just used the center larger lens and the other lens that sits close to your diode window. Then they put it back together.

Iam not 100% sure if the Optics are the same But IIRC they where or they where pretty damn close. All they did was Remove the small lens that is Glued on top to the large center lens.

Iam stumped on the 10mm. Even more that there is No power lose. With any correction there is always power loss so this might actualy not be the same lens that i tried a year ago.

Nice Find. These Look Great.:beer:

These will really make a big difference in making us Enjoy 445nm better.:)

Cant wait to see more result.:beer:

Last edited:

AnthoT

^^^

Yup they seem to be great! :D they do make quite a bit of splash around the dot, actually pretty far from the dot but it's there :p

I too was amazed at 30 feet the amazing square it made :O

Last edited:
The last batch of 445nm lenses I got from Clif on his buy 5 deal had one cylinder type optic and one coated that physically was typical of the 3 element lens of the Aixis lens. I used it last in my 9mm DRY build in a DTR barrel... I just swapped them around. While I did get loss the beam tightened drastically. I am currently using this set up.

In Anth's pic the lens has a blueish hue to it... I don't hold high hopes personally, sorry.

gillza

That's good news. I switched from the 3 element lens to 405-g-1 and hate that bar spot....

Rayfoss sells these for under $2 if you ask for the 2 element lens though email. :shhh:

Oupss didn't looked at the date...
I already pmed him, i posted just if someone else would know where to find it!
Sorry to bring back the dead topic :)