Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Found Cheap Aluminum Laser Mounts for an Aixiz Module "2 For $2.20"

Morgan

Repped for all those that couldn't...

... Also, those dual ones in the quote below look like they just have room on the flats for a couple of combining cubes. A little tweaking of the Aixiz and correct polarisation and I think you've got a dual output setup ready to go.

M
:)

Any one going to Homedepot to pick these up Here is the 2pack.

Blackburn #2/0 Stranded Max Type-ADR 2-Conductor 1-Hole Mount Dual-Rated Wire Connectors (2-Pack) - ADR21-B2 at The Home Depot

I just Notice that the first picture of the packaging is for the single one. I must of Mixed Up the packs because by accident i grabbed 2 packs and one of them only had a single one in it witch is the pack in the picture.:(

So the Part Number for the 2 pack is:

ADR21-B2

The 2 Pack is only 21 cents more then the single pack so go for the 2 pack.:)

They sell the Single Pack for $1.98 and the 2 pack for 2.19.:wave:

I will remove the first picture so there is no confusion and put a link to item until i find the Other package or when i go back to the store tomorrow i will pick 1 more up as i need one more and re post a new picture for you all.:)

Sorry about that.:beer:

They also Have these too. They Have 2 side by side but i dint get them because i would rather have individual ones for fine tuning.:)

434fc3c7-9bb4-49dd-877c-ebb9816f2c6d_300.jpg

But these are pretty cool too:
Blackburn #2/0 Stranded Max Type-ADR 2-Conductor 1-Hole Mount Dual-Rated Wire Connectors (2-Pack) - ADR21-B2 at The Home Depot

Last edited:

^^^Thanks:) Yea The only thing that would concern me if the holes where not Lined up correctly. But that would be a cool setup.:)

DTR

Also Your Packaging writing is different then the one that i posted on the Single Pack:
682_3356.jpg

Yours
dtr.jpg

Even though the part Number is the Same as the one i linked to i know there was 2 different Kinds there.

let me go to the store tomorrow morning as its 9:30pm here right now and pick up the correct packaging and Post Pictures before any of you go out make a mistake and get the wrong ones or could be that different stores carry different styles. I dont know but i ill find out tomorrow.:)

It Looks Like you got ones that look Like these in that packaging.
Blackburn Type ADR 2 Conductor 1-Hole Mount Wire Connectors for #2 Stranded Max Wire (2-Pack) - ADR2-B2 at The Home Depot

Last edited:
Update Guys.:wave:

Went to Home Depot Today and i see the Mount you got DTR.

Here are some Pictures and videos to watch:

The Correct 2 pack packaging but we will get to that in a minute:
682_3608.jpg

On the Rack at the Store.
682_3610-1.jpg

Left side is the Correct one you need to get and the Right side is the one that DTR got witch comes in the same packaging.
682_3622.jpg

another angle.
682_3623.jpg

Anther angle.
682_3616.jpg

The Write from the 2 different ones. The one on the bottom witch has the bigger writing on it is the correct one to get. You can see DTR has the the smaller writing like the top one does in this Picture:
682_3627.jpg

Here is the video i shot at Homedepot.

Here is Video when i brought the modules Home to look at them better and you can see there is a Difference but the come in the same packaging.

OK So my Guess is that even though the Part Number is the same there must be 2 different styles.

I think the One DTR got is the Older style and the ones that i got are the replacements. I asked someone there and they said that the ones in the 2 pack just came in about 1 month ago.
However he said he doesn't know details if or why there is 2 different styles.

So my guess is when you guys go to the store make sure to look in the packaging to make sure you grab the right ones.

So even though the part numbers are the same i think i found these at the moment where they are switch to the Newer style mounts like that is in the OP.:)

Let me know if anyone of you go to Homedepot and cannot find they.

Ill be more then happy to help you out. Just cover shipping and packaging material and ill ship them to you for no Profit.:D

Last edited:

DTR

Yep went back last night and they did not have any with the correct opening. But I did look at the dual one and in the very back of the same row they had the right ones. I took both the to the returns counter and they had the exact same sku# and part #. So I will have to wait for them to get the new ones in of the two pack singles. If you are going to look for these just keep in mind that the right one does not have the lip but they will have identical sku and part numbers so you have to look close.:beer:

Last edited:
Nice find! I just picked some up. But they are a bit smaller than the aixiz module. The OD of the module is 12mm, the ID of the aluminum connector is 11.56mm so some shaving of either the module or the connector is needed for it to fit. I'm back to high school tomorrow and I'll go to the machine shop and just drill out the center of the connector.

Nice find! I just picked some up. But they are a bit smaller than the aixiz module. The OD of the module is 12mm, the ID of the aluminum connector is 11.56mm so some shaving of either the module or the connector is needed for it to fit. I'm back to high school tomorrow and I'll go to the machine shop and just drill out the center of the connector.

Yes it will be much easier to push the module in if you shave Just a little of the module.

Iam using these for a Low power quad build iam working on.:)

lazeerer:962553 said:

Yes it will be much easier to push the module in if you shave Just a little of the module.

Iam using these for a Low power quad build iam working on.:)

You shaved the module? And not the connector? How did you go about doing that? To give it a nice pressfit.

^ I dint.:cool:

Like i said in the OP its a tight fit. But if you shave some of the Module down it will press in much easier.

You can use a lathe,Grinder or some elbow Grease and some sand paper if you want to shave it down.

I'd rather have these too tight than too loose like those utterly worthless Aixiz.com module holders that conduct only at a single tangent of the Aixiz module. You can always get these conductor lugs to the correct size with a 12mm reamer. Considering the cost savings on these mounts compared to more expensive ones, it might be worth buying a nice reamer set for it and other uses.

I picked up a few today for my scanner... if u have one I took a 11.9 mm drill bit through and the pressfit is perfect at that size IMO

I was Going to say 11.87mm which is the Reamer that i have for my lathe tostill allow a Nice Press Fit.:)

To bad I dont have a Drill Press Yet.

Bionic-Badger Good idea.:)

Last edited:
I was Going to say 11.87mm which is the Reamer that i have for my lathe tostill allow a Nice Press Fit.:)

To bad I dont have a Drill Press Yet.

Bionic-Badger Good idea.:)

Can't you use your lathe as a sort of drill press? Every drill press I've used has not been very accurate, and I've lamented the fact that I don't have a lathe to do more accurate "drilling" even if it isn't made for that task.

I will Give it a Shot for you and See how it goes.

I Just think it will be very difficult to get it even with a Lathe. Since i only have a 3 Jaw Chuck its going to take some time to align it up. But like you said as cheap as these mounts are its worth a try.:wave:

Ill Update this thread later with Hopefully good News.:)