Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Found Cheap Aluminum Laser Mounts for an Aixiz Module "2 For $2.20"

Hi All,

Went to my Local Hardware store today "Homedepot" to pick up some heat shrink tubing.

Out of the Corner of my eye I seen something that might be very useful to us and at a Very Cheap Price.:beer:

These Come In a Pack Of 2 for $2.20 cents.:wave:

They seem to be some type of Thick Wire Mount and are made out of ALUMINUM.

However they Fit an Aixiz Module with a Extreme Tight Press Fit.:beer: I think if you Just sand off the Nickle Plating on the Aixiz Module they would Press in Much Easier. I jsut used a Vice to press it in.

These Will be Great For Lab setups and maybe even Projector Projects or combining 2 laser beams or 2 Wavelengths together.:san:

For the Price Iam VERY HAPPY with this Find. Iam Going to use them in my up coming Lab project.:D

Here are the Pictures of the Packaging and what they Look Like etc.

Pictures:

Here is the Item. I will get the Packaging for the 2 pack for you guy up in a little bit.:) Just got to find it.
http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

So the Part Number for the 2 pack is:

ADR21-B2

682_3364.jpg

682_3366.jpg

682_3378.jpg

682_3380.jpg

682_3383.jpg

682_3407.jpg

682_3408.jpg

682_3388.jpg

682_3391.jpg

682_3412.jpg

682_3417.jpg

682_3423.jpg

682_3419.jpg

682_3420.jpg

682_3427.jpg

682_3429.jpg

Video:

Final Thoughts:

I think these are Awesome and will get used in my up and coming Project. There made out of Aluminum witch is good for heatsink and they are press fit tight so it allows good Heat transfer.

They have a Screw hole for mounting them onto something.

Overall for the price they are Great.:wave:

What do you guys think.?:)

:thanks: For Looking.!!!

Keep on Lazing.....

Last edited:

GREAT find! Thanks for the tip, I'll have to remember the part and pick a couple up next time. Seems great for a cheap, low-power beam combining system. +rep!

GBD

Cable connectors FTW :p

If you have an electrical supply distrubuter/wholesaler in your area, you can get the same thing, but copper. (and tons of other varieties I guess, whatever your purpose is)

for me in canada, a wholesaler called "EECOL electric" has them.
(might pick up a few now for uses other then electrical though :) )

Nice find.

Last edited:

ARG

Wow! Amazing find! I'll have to drop by the hardware store sometime. This will be great for testing diodes, can just screw it onto a large heat sink.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving to lazeerer again"

Last edited:
Thanks Guys.:)

Glad you find these cool.

Its alway good to look around. You never know what you are going to find.:D

LOL....I'v used these for optics mounts before. They are just about the right size for a bunch of things that we do here.
I love roaming around huge supply stores like home depot, just looking about to see what might fit the project that i'm working on.
Nice find and thanks for sharing with everyone!:beer:

Last edited:
These are perfect for many builds I have been planning. Considering there is only one screw on the back, it is possible to very minutely adjust the direction of a laser module (in case the beam comes out slightly off-angle).

Nice find!
Not sure how to give you + rep..

AAlasers

Last edited:

DTR

I like it. Will have to pick some up to play with next time I am @ Home Depot. Great find.:cool:

Nice they show 11 in stock @ my local store.:D

Last edited:
Any one going to Homedepot to pick these up Here is the 2pack.

Blackburn #2/0 Stranded Max Type-ADR 2-Conductor 1-Hole Mount Dual-Rated Wire Connectors (2-Pack) - ADR21-B2 at The Home Depot

I just Notice that the first picture of the packaging is for the single one. I must of Mixed Up the packs because by accident i grabbed 2 packs and one of them only had a single one in it which is the pack in the picture.:(

So the Part Number for the 2 pack is:

ADR21-B2

The 2 Pack is only 21 cents more then the single pack so go for the 2 pack.:)

They sell the Single Pack for $1.98 and the 2 pack for 2.19.:wave:

I will remove the first picture so there is no confusion and put a link to item until i find the Other package or when i go back to the store tomorrow i will pick 1 more up as i need one more and re post a new picture for you all.:)

Sorry about that.:beer:

They also Have these too. They Have 2 side by side but i dint get them because i would rather have individual ones for fine tuning.:)

434fc3c7-9bb4-49dd-877c-ebb9816f2c6d_300.jpg

But these are pretty cool too:
Blackburn #2/0 Stranded Max Type-ADR 2-Conductor 1-Hole Mount Dual-Rated Wire Connectors (2-Pack) - ADR21-B2 at The Home Depot

Last edited:
Opps didn't even notice I linked to a single pack. I did wonder why it was $1.98 when you said $2.20 :p
Thanks for a proper link

Last edited:

DTR

I think that I would prefer the singles so you can adjust them independently of each other.;)