Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For Sale V5 flex drives

BIGGUN

So a Micro would be better suited for a Mitsu 300mW 635 or an 826 and a V5 for a 1.2-1.5W 445?

And either could be used for a 12X 405?

Is the Micro necessary for a 532 due to the IR diode involved?

Are the V5's still $24 and how much are the Micros?

Thanks again,
Kevin

jayrob

Actually just to chime in here Jeff...

It's a good question. Because both drivers are similar, but the answer is sometimes confusing if you haven't used them both.

The Micro Boost is actually only a boost circuit. So it is for only a diode that has a higher voltage demand than your supply voltage. (not for red)

The FlexDrive on the other hand, can boost or buck, and has proven to be the driver of choice. Although the Micro Boost driver is a very nice driver. Just not as flexible. And has a max current of about 1080mA's.

One other big difference between the two drivers, is that the Micro Boost must be powered from the negative input connection only.

Where as the FlexDrive negatives are continuous. (both negative input and output are the same trace)

This is an important consideration for certain builds. I drew a diagram explaining why here: :beer:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/r...-taking-payments-now-48664-21.html#post781362

Last edited:
Thanks Jay for making that clear, I was asleep at the switch there I guess.

Last I heard it was a big ole' negatory. Lets hope there is an update though.

From what I last heard from Dr.Lava it's going to be about 30 days till we have more V5 drives.

I will update this as I know more.

Last edited:
Sorry folks but I have no new word, I have made inquires but I hear nothing new, the last word was the
manufacturer was having a problem sourcing some of the components and that is what's causing the delay.

I will attempt to get some new info today and let everyone know what I find out.

Last edited:

AUS

Yeah I have so many single cell hosts now i need some boost drivers ASAP!

I got a reply saying from lava it will be a few more months. :(

Blord

That is no so good news but we have alternatives, Lazeerer X-Boost or the Ben Boost driver.