Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Focusing Laser Host Deal

Odic

Hi,
I am offering a pack of TWO 10-piece focusing host kits for £10 GPB to forum members (usually £7.50 each). Shipping is ~£1.50-2.00. This host uses essentially the same components as the MkII Dilda Laser.
It only needs a driver and diode to complete - so you could use an LPC Sled and build a 300mW+ burner for less than a Dilda!
The link is: LPF SPECIAL
[EDIT: Bonus diode/driver offer expired and removed]
The following pictures show the kit and a couple of trial builds :D
Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

flhs6.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Odic

Last edited:

This actually looks really good... is this the price for international shipping?

oh and btw its a Rckstr driver not rickster...

Might give it a go! -Adrian

Odic

This actually looks really good... is this the price for international shipping?

oh and btw its a Rckstr driver not rickster...

Might give it a go! -Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Whoops! it's now Rckstr, I shouldn't trust spell-check so late at night!

The shipping prices should calculate for the shopping cart as: £1.50 for UK and £2.00 max. Airmail Worldwide. If anyone has any trouble with getting these prices I will manually correct any orders and refund the difference by PayPal.

Thanks for the interest, - believe it or not I started to set up this host kit almost a year a go but getting samples , checking, changing, shipping, testbuilds etc. seems to have taken so long.

Cheers Jon

I'm going to buy a pack in a sec. Nice Deal!!

Rob

edit - Just bought, along with other goodies. Shipping was £3. Is this royal mail 1st class? Nice prices!!

Last edited:
I ordered one as well :)
The only downside is that I usually get packages from China faster than I do from the UK. Royal Air Mail is slow.

Hi, wow this is really nice...
I have a few questions if you don't mind:
-What is the needed battery if you're using the blu ray driver you're showing above?(I saw you said two CR2 batteries but i wanna be sure if it's the same with blu ray.)
-I am almost sure i'll buy a kit with the blu ray driver but i dont have the needed experience and tools to set the output current on the driver, so would you mind setting it for me if i tell you what i need? I'll add a supplement if needed.
-Does the aluminum diode housing work as a heatsink?
Thank you in advance.
Anthony.

Last edited:

jayrob

Odic, this host looks just like the new style 'dilda' as you mentioned...

Can you tell us if the lens threads are the same, and will fit the AixiZ lens threads?

Just trying to answer questions I am getting about whether my lens assemblies will fit your host... (because they fit the new style 'dilda')

DX%20red2.jpg

P.S. Not meant to be a thread jack... Just trying to answer questions that have been asked of me... And it may help sell your hosts if we know exactly what lens threads it has...

Last edited:
Hi Adrian,

Whoops! it's now Rckstr, I shouldn't trust spell-check so late at night!

The shipping prices should calculate for the shopping cart as: £1.50 for UK and £2.00 max. Airmail Worldwide. If anyone has any trouble with getting these prices I will manually correct any orders and refund the difference by PayPal.
Thanks for the interest, - believe it or not I started to set up this host kit almost a year a go but getting samples , checking, changing, shipping, testbuilds etc. seems to have taken so long.

Cheers Jon

Just wanted to let others know... I have received two emails from Jon. One was to let me know he included a diode with my kits because I forgot to mention it in my order, and the other was for a partial refund for the shipping (I didn't even notice that when I ordered).

Jon, :gj::thanks:

Hopefully Jayrob's lenses will work with these hosts too!

I got an e-mail as well, refunded part of the shipping. The amount wasn't that much, honesty is priceless. Thanks Jon :)

Just ordered one too. This will be my first builds so it will be fun (and probably frustrating at the same time :)). Now to find some cheap but easy to adjust drivers and diodes (they are including 1 free diode though it seems). I assume this is only for a red or blu ray laser correct?