Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flaminpyros Stuf

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Jeff, I also received my order today, thank you for the wire, and the PGI info! :yh:

SRESAL

I should post here too...

I bought around forty pounds of titanium from Jeff last month, and couldn't be happier. Very nice stuff...

2ybi.JPG

He even gave me some halfnium when we met up... how cool is that? :D

Thanks again Jeff. :beer:

Bowtie -- You got info on PGI???
Oh well -- I'm already a member!!!!
Paint the SKY !!!!!!!!
HMike

Tmack

How much is a set of diode presses running these days?
They can extract good diodes too correct?

IWIRE

Yes they can extract a good diode so you can use it again :)

so there are a couple different diode extracting presses and they are different prices, PM sent...

Here is a link to the sets> http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/diode-press-sets-80158-2.html#post1151767

Hey Flaminpyro ! I use that set all the time, sometimes I even use it for things I'm sure you didn't design it for :) It works great for diodes too though. I haven't had to use the module extractor yet to pull a stuck module, I use it to hold the module/heatsink to keep it from turning when I install or remove the bezel ring.
Oh, and that test load I got from you ! Remember how I told you I was getting inconsistent readings with my old test load as it heats up, and that it was heating up fast ? You said yours wouldn't do that, that's what it is designed for.
You are right ! :beer: My driver setting problems are a thing of the past. I can actually hook a driver to your test load and set it without it getting hot ! I have been using it almost everyday since I got it from you. Thank you Sir for building such a quality product. I'm getting ready to do my first "crazy" build. It's going to put your test load to the real test :)
Here is some "action" shots of your test load in it's new home. I promise to treat it right :) It is a work of art. I ALMOST hated using it. :)

I mounted it to the top of my bench. I used one of those spring clips that hold papers together that has a magnet on it. Figured if my workbench became part of the heatsink, it would be even better ! LOL !

Here it is in action setting up a flexdrive. I'm not even worried about it while I'm playing with my camera taking a pic. It didn't even get warm. I probably shouldn't admit to this. I left a drive hooked to it one day when the pizza guy was delivering a pizza. About the third slice of pizza I remembered "I'm in the middle of setting up a drive" The heatsink was barely warm. Somehow the drive lived too. :)

Sorry :yabbem: Didn't mean to hijack your sale thread :yabbem: It's on topic though right ? :yh: Just wanted you to know I'm an extremely satisfied customer. Thank you Sir. I'm sure I'll be ordering more drives, wire, flux and all the rest of it :)

ALERT ! I have been informed by a member with a lot of knowledge, my leads from my test load to my driver are WAY too long and could cause problems with certain drivers.

Last edited:
IMG_20140317_151135_182.jpg

I just used some of my wire tonight and best stuff I've ever worked with. Only issue is the plunger for the flux won't seat ( unless it's not suppose to) and just pushes way to much stuff out. Almost wasted half the freaking tube trying to insert plunger only to see it ain't happening. Anyway the wire is the best stuff no doubt..... thanks :)

ScottW

I just used some of my wire tonight and best stuff I've ever worked with. Only issue is the plunger for the flux won't seat ( unless it's not suppose to) and just pushes way to much stuff out. Almost wasted half the freaking tube trying to insert plunger only to see it ain't happening. Anyway the wire is the best stuff no doubt..... thanks :)

I agree 100% on the wire, it is great quality.

On seating the plunger in the flux syringe... What worked for me was to leave the cap on the syringe and push the plunger in until it seated. THEN remove the cap and install the needle applicator. Didn't lose a drop that way.

The flux is M-A-G-I-C by the way! Highly recommended, it makes difficult connections easy! I was having trouble getting solder to stick to some alligator clips yesterday. Put a couple drops of Jeff's flux on there, and WOW -- textbook flow and wicking. Made the job much easier, highly recommended!

Last edited:
Take off the applicator needle and put your finger or the shipping cap over the end of the syringe and then push the plunger into the black rubber cork then put the applicator needle back on and have at it, if the plunger is really hard to push in try turning it while your pushing on it.

IMG_20140317_151135_182.jpg

@ IWIRE Thanks for the glowing review :)

Last edited:
I got my package from you yesterday. I just used the diode press to press in 3 diodes; it works great! :D

The heat shrink you sent me is exactly what I ordered, but I realized I ordered the wrong size. You included a sample of the yellow kind and it works much better. If I buy some of the yellow heat shrink and that's the only thing in my order, can you go down on the shipping rate? I noticed that $4 was the standard when I added stuff to my cart but then the shipping costs more than the product :( I figured you might can just put it in a small envelope and mail it for a dollar or two.
Just let me know :yh:

Thanks again for your high-quality products - especially the press! +Rep :D

zapp

I just purchased two modules from DTR. The first is a 500mw 635nm (9mm) and I need a heat sink and host. It will be using a single 18650 battery. The second one is a 200mw 520nm (12mm). This one also will be using a single 18650 battery. They don't have to be anything fancy. Can you point me in the right way to buy both of these from you? Thanks zapp.

Stu

Hi there Flaminpyro,
I'm looking for a driver that can deliver 3 amps at under 2.8v for a 3 w 808nm c mount diode,if you have a driver that can deliver this kind of power could you pm me please,thank you :)

recently received my x-drive v7 and i couldnt be happier, works just as described and the size is great :) many thanks pyro!

Thanks for the order, it's going out in the morning, I put in some heat shrink for you :beer:

While we are on the subject, for those interested I just ordered some 22 gauge
Red and Black silicone insulated wire for those higher current projects :whistle:
I'll have it up with the rest of the wire as soon as it comes in about two weeks.

Ordered some black and red wire from ya;)

Thanks