Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flaminpyro's outa here again

I don't think that the box that says "10000 degree artillery" will attract too much attention. :eek:

Notice that its "Made in China", its probably only 1000 degree artillery. :crackup: I hope the Chinese are at least good at making fireworks, after all they have had more experience than anybody.

Alan

Well we did manage to build and set-off many nice pyro devices including line rockets, mines, and shells up to 12" in dia.

Here is a pic of a 10" and 12" shell getting ready to go out to the firing line :D

And me making a 5" shell>

This is the conditions we were working in, notice how the wind is blowing and the clouds were just about to give it up here>

But the topper was a very large rocket with 48 each 2" dia black powder motors and a 16" shell on the top>

ru124t

Hmm all your boxes say made in china . Cant you get just one that says made in the good ole us of a mofos!!!!!!

Well done again Jeff. Love the Rocket and the response from those watching! :D

all i can say is holly mother of moses! I can not believe the force that thing generated when it blew. The concussion on the video was nutz I think it was worse being on the ground! very cool

The sound alone gave away those thrust specs. In weather like that, it couldn't have gone any better. :beer:

Pman

I love the reaction from people who already who have so much experience in this. VERY telling on how great this actually was.
What's the story behind the guinness world record attempt? What I mean is what were the parameters who had to certify to make it official etc...
I remember you talking and posting about this last year and how great it would have been to be there just hanging out talking/building etc....
Are you purchasing full working fireworks right from China or are you buying all the pieces parts to assemble them? Can't imagine being allowed to do this. Can't even legally have sparklers in N.Y.:( Unfortunately it seems as though it only takes one person to complain about something these days and the fun police take over. Hard to believe you can still buy the little toy guns that have those circle caps or the rolls. UGH, just depressing.....

Well I'm doing it again this time at Delamar dry lake bed in Nevada so I will not be back at the shop to mail anything out until 10-14-14

@ Pman Yes we do make all the stuff we use to make pyro devices, of course except for the paper and chemicals and glue and string and fuse.

I even cut down my own Bamboo to make frames for building my G-dolas out of, here is a G-dola>

There is a lot of black powder used in fireworks and I not only make my own black powder but I make the
charcoal by baking wood in a retort on a fire until it turns to charcoal see here>
First you fill your retort with a good wood type.

then you bake it at high temp till all the volatile's are out and it quits burning.

Then you are left with charcoal.

Why do I take the time to go through all this, well mostly it's a cost thing, a commercial pound of black power can cost as much as $18.00 depending on where you buy it, when I make it it usually cost me about $2.20 a pound :D

Sometimes we do use some small items that were made in china in our devices but for the most part we like to make everything :0

Have a good one all...

I love the reaction from people who already who have so much experience in this. VERY telling on how great this actually was.
What's the story behind the guinness world record attempt? What I mean is what were the parameters who had to certify to make it official etc...
I remember you talking and posting about this last year and how great it would have been to be there just hanging out talking/building etc....
Are you purchasing full working fireworks right from China or are you buying all the pieces parts to assemble them? Can't imagine being allowed to do this. Can't even legally have sparklers in N.Y.:( Unfortunately it seems as though it only takes one person to complain about something these days and the fun police take over. Hard to believe you can still buy the little toy guns that have those circle caps or the rolls. UGH, just depressing.....

Last edited:
I'm back and working on getting out all the orders so hang in there everything should go out before this Friday 10-17-14 :D

We had a good shoot lots of cool shells and rockets were made and shot and the weather was fine :)

We even got to watch several F-16's dog fight above us last Friday it was pretty cool to see them chase each other and shoot out mag flares to throw the other one off.

This is my assembly/manufactoring area and my camper in the background

making an aerial shell, we could make pyro 24 hours a day if we felt like it :D

SRESAL

Nice looking set up Jeff... you look like you could spend a month out there. :)

Here's a video of my last project...

(6) three pound motors (clustered), using IBP fuel
6" willow shell
8" bottom shot (10lbs of AP/MgAl and your titanium)

Total weight was just over 20lbs. :D

Broomstick Rocket: Broomstick Rocket - YouTube

Now I'm working on trying to get 3" ID whistle motors to fly... so far, no joy.

See ya in Gillette.

:beer:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
What, no poison spider? (I've been shooting for Entertainment Fireworks for 17 years now.)

That's so cool Flaminpyro, you guys are so lucky.
We only get to enjoy the odd sparkler and a <1mW laser in Oz.

:cryyy:

SRESAL

What, no poison spider? (I've been shooting for Entertainment Fireworks for 17 years now.)

Are you referring to the Pyro Predator poison spider? That item was discontinued... great cake though.