Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flaminpyro vs Jayrob SH-032 SS Build (image heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTR

The removal of the last resistor is NOT an "option." Here is what the instructions say (emphasis added)
"The other ranges REQUIRE solder jumpers as shown, or the end resistor to be removed (scraped of is OK) when there is an X on it."

What is the most effective way to remove it with the smallest chance of damaging the driver.

This is why we keep him around, He knows just what to say and when to say it :D
Yea I have a few friends like that. No filter but funny as hell.:friend:

I agree 110% with what Jay has said here, Plexus has done some good things but hurting our reputation for his own personal gain surley offsets that for me !
And as far as I'm concerned these threads should all be expunged, removed, nix, gone, out of here. there is nothing good for any one to read here !

Will a moderator please remove this thread and this one http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/customer-service-experiences-jayrob-flaminpyro-55663.html
thanks !
Pyro...

You must not have read all there is to read...

He will not budge in his thinking. In his mind, it's not his fault...

Some of the things he talks about are informative, and he is doing some interesting measurements with heat dissipation and so forth...

But he fails to see that his accusations are damaging to my reputation, and it is not warranted...

I'm speaking only of myself here. I don't want to argue for flamminpyro because his transaction with him is not my business.

plexus, you have no ground to make negative statements towards my customer service. And you have done so on several occasions.

This is where you fail... You seem very intelligent. But why is it that you fail to see this point?

Everything has been shown, and it's very obvious that you killed you first builds on your own. And you just can't accept that it was your own fault.

So you keep on and on with your damaging slander to the reputation of others. Granted, most people here can see that you are wrong. But there are many new ones that may think you are right in some way.

As I told you from the very first, I'm sorry about your loss, but I've had enough of this:

* I did not sell you a diode
* I did not sell you a 'Hot' option (driver installed)

I tried to explain to you some methods of assembly. I don't know what else you want me to do for customer service??

I even offered to give you a driver! Even though I never sold you a 'Hot' option!

But you have declined the offer. And at this point, I will now cancel my offer.

You have no right to go saying any negative comments about my customer service. And in this case, an apology is not enough.

Your slanderous threads and comments should be gone permanently...

Last edited:

daguin

What is the most effective way to remove it with the smallest chance of damaging the driver.

Scraping it off with your fingernail is just fine. It is much more fragile than the solder pads or the traces. It will probably break when you scrape it off anyway ;)

Peace,
dave

Morgan

You can simply desolder it or use a tool called a scraper. It's like a tiny chisel for electronics and you can get them in pretty cheap kits from most electronics suppliers. With resistors this small, it's often the case that heating one end melts the solder at the other. A nightmare in some scenarios but handy in this case. Just be careful heating the track as the next resistor along could become desoldered as well. I'm sure many people have many different ways to do it but it's not something to be afraid of.

[EDIT: Beat me to it! I'll try the fingernail method next time, (if there is one), ;) ]

M
:)

...these threads should all be expunged, removed, nix, gone, out of here ... Will a moderator please remove this thread and this one http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/customer-service-experiences-jayrob-flaminpyro-55663.html ...
If you think this thread's going nowhere fast then it's fine to ask a mod to lock it up, but I completely disagree with your suggestion to delete it. If the mods do that for one, then they would have to consider it for every request that lands on their desks. Not to mention, freedom of speech, even if it's crap (such is the nature of the Internet).

plexus

of course flaminpyro, jay and pontiacg5 would want this thread deleted. it brings up their absolutely non existant customer support (and i DO NOT mean replacing the damaged parts) after they have collected $100's from a customer. or in pontiacg5's case his complete irresponsibility and lack of knowledge to pack laser diodes in cotton balls and blame the non-antistatic bags on the way the manufacturer labeled them.

this was for your, the membership here and in the future's benefit. i benefited nothing from this other than apparently wasting my time. also daguin, as wise as he is, can not make an evaluation of the laser diode in question without evaluating it. to do otherwise is bunk. i never claimed it died because of ESD. it certainly wasnt from my build or the driver because they are working with another diode.

so go ahead and delete the thread. i had my experiences with these sellers so the lesson was learned on this end. you can delete it and pretent it didnt happpen, or leave it and maybe the people will adopt normal responsible business practices that one would expect from people selling things especially of this nature and cost.

Morgan

Here's how this thread will going from here if anyone else posts in direct challenge to Plexus....

Any member - Yeah?

Plexus - Yeah!

Any member - Yeah?

Plexus - Yeah!

Any member - Yeah?

And so on....

I think this thread reflects far more on Plexus than anyone else, and if read properly the inconsistencies come out so I vote it stays. I'd also be very wary of selling to Plexus. Statutory rights don't apply here either.

M
:)

of course flaminpyro, jay and pontiacg5 would want this thread deleted. it brings up their absolutely non existant customer support (and i DO NOT mean replacing the damaged parts) after they have collected $100's from a customer. or in pontiacg5's case his complete irresponsibility and lack of knowledge to pack laser diodes in cotton balls and blame the non-antistatic bags on the way the manufacturer labeled them.

this was for your, the membership here and in the future's benefit. i benefited nothing from this other than apparently wasting my time. also daguin, as wise as he is, can not make an evaluation of the laser diode in question without evaluating it. to do otherwise is bunk. i never claimed it died because of ESD. it certainly wasnt from my build or the driver because they are working with another diode.

so go ahead and delete the thread. i had my experiences with these sellers so the lesson was learned on this end. you can delete it and pretent it didnt happpen, or leave it and maybe the people will adopt normal responsible business practices that one would expect from people selling things especially of this nature and cost.

Look... I dunno what you have been smoking but I have dealt with Jayrob. He has given me and many others superb customer support. I can't say anything in regards to flamingpyro because I haven't dealt with him personally but I suspect it's the same for him.

You ordered your components, they arrived in perfectly good working condition. You abuse them by using a higher current than is suggested and they magically die and somehow you believe that's not your fault and that Jayrob and FlamingPyro should replace your components (there is no other way to interpret your constant complaining about lack of support).

I agree that I don't think there is any need to delete the thread as I believe there is some valuable information. The mere fact that you struggled with the assembly of jayrob's kit is valuable. It is simply something for people to consider when purchasing a kit.

I also know for a fact that Jayrob has many detailed tutorials on how to assemble his kits including the SS18650 where he strongly warns about the very problem you are having and gives you several different ways to deal with it including purchasing a tool from him.

Jayrob has been more than helpful in answering any of my questions, including the many dumb ones I had. He responded by explaining the anwers for each one, helped me determine which kits I needed for the builds I wanted and helped me determine which options I need for the results I wanted.

Jayrob has regularly bent over backwards to help people on the forums, even going as far as to offer you a new driver even knowing that it was user error on your part that destroyed it.

Had you done ANY research at all on the kit and/or components you were trying to use you would have gotten all the "support" you needed. Any questions you had in regards to those I gurantee you that Jayrob would have gladly answered had you sent him a PM with specific questions.

I'm all for leaving the thread intact, my solution instead would be to temp ban your account (perma ban if you still haven't learned your lesson after you get back).

You are coming onto the forums and trying to bash two different vendors for a problem you created. Personally I find that unacceptable and don't think the forums should tolerate it. If you had a legitimate issue, I would have no problem with you airing the problem publicly. But it has been clearly determined that YOU were at fault for the destroyed components and you still continue to bash the vendors even after Jayrob offered to replace your part knowing it was your fault it died.

Your request for "support" is unreasonable. You were given support, you were told you could not get replacements due to the fact that you destroyed the components. There is no support left. Jayrob even went as far as to offer you a free replacement just to shut you up, but that still wasn't good enough. You either have no concept of what support is, or you are purposely trying to discredit these two vendors. Personally I think you are purposely trying to discredit the vendors for some reason and believe you should be banned for that. :banned:

plexus

Here's how this thread will going from here if anyone else posts in direct challenge to Plexus....

I have bought and sold many items through this forum and the only problems i have had have been with jayrob and flaminpyro who did not work at all to find a mutually agreeable solution to the problem. it doesn't matter if they didn't offer to give me free parts or not - i dont expect free parts. but i do expect customer service. i am a customer. if the terms of the transaction were, as-is you are on your own, then i would have accepted that. jayrob gave me absolutely minimal communication and bid me a nice day after telling me, before i purchased, "i will take care of you" - my bad. i assumed that to mean customer service. flaminpryo simply said "you have a nice day now".

fine. ok. i get it. profit making sellers operating as businesses are not expected to offer customer service after you buy $100's of stuff from them. fine. now that we all know that. we can make our purchases with this knowledge and expectations.

got it. thanks.

if its a personal sale, it's as-is and if a description is not given its up the buyer to ask. otherwise, its assumed as-is.

maybe i am from a different planet (i guess i am) because when i buy from a commercial seller i expect customer service. sorry.

look, i'm learning how to concatenate posts :)

Your request for "support" is unreasonable. You were given support, you were told you could not get replacements due to the fact that you destroyed the components. There is no support left. Jayrob even went as far as to offer you a free replacement just to shut you up, but that still wasn't good enough. You either have no concept of what support is, or you are purposely trying to discredit these two vendors. Personally I think you are purposely trying to discredit the vendors for some reason and believe you should be banned for that. :banned:

if the vendors in question are going to be discredited it will be based on any individuals opinion of the content of this thread. from what you are saying they have nothing to worry about and so why should i be banned for discrediting anyone? from what you have said it should be obvious that i am the one with the problem, right? on the other hand, if there is merit to my posts and opinions then it is not discredit - it is credit where it is due.

then you say that the thread should stay intact because it contains useful info such as the difficulty with jayrobs kit. but then you say ban me. weird policy there. and then if i ask jayrob for support because his kit is hard to work with, according to you, and he tells me to go away, according to you i am not "allowed" to post that and should be banned.

odd "logic". i'll try and understand this but its a stretch.

ok so we have all had the say we want to have? can we leave this be? the longer this goes on the worse it will get. maybe just lock the thread and be done with it. you can count on me to no longer post here. thanks to the rest of you for your indulgence (i hope you at least found it entertaining).

Last edited:

daguin

You keep saying "customer service" when what you mean is "help me pay for what I broke."

Dude -- An ESD damaged diode doesn't run at high current for an hour and then just die as a result of that ESD damage. I cannot say why your diode died. If you had sent the failed laser to someone more knowledgeable and experienced than you they may have been able to figure it out. However, you took it apart and rebuilt it with other components. I can say that it was not ESD and that FP is not in any way responsible for it.

Your inability to assemble a laser correctly has NO bearing on Jayrob AND certainly doesn't make him responsible for a part that you bought from someone else

You appear to be just trying to dig your hands into what you perceive as "deep pockets" (a "commercial seller") to get someone else to help cover the loss that YOU caused all by yourself.

You got all the "customer service" you need when you were told, "You broke it, you bought it. Have a nice day"

Peace,
dave

Reactions: DTR

DTR

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion even Plexus in this situation. And I also think that this thread should not be deleted. Maybe merge it with the one in the LPS since it is in the wrong section anyway. I think anyone that logically reads through this thread will come to their own opinion like Daguin did.

So hopefully this thread can get back on tracks or maybe it should be locked.

Plexus you agreed to stop talking about your customer service issue and get back to the testing.

i have covered all the issues and so there is not really much else to say. so i will not post anything about these customer service issues, parts replacement, etc. however as i continue to work with these two kits i will provide data and learning but i will most likely do that in the first post (i want to measure heat dissipation, duty cycles etc). if anyone asks me a question in the thread i will answer it, however. but you are right, there is no more to be said around the parts issues.

So lets leave it at that. I think we all know where we stand on this issue and there is no more to be said.

of course flaminpyro, jay and pontiacg5 would want this thread deleted.

Please point out where I said this thread should be deleted. I would like to see that.

You sir, are a raging idiot. The fail if this thread is so great that I don't even know what to compare it to.

You CLEARLY don't know what the hell you are doing. You run around making assumptions like you've been doing this for years. You quote stuff that doesn't exist, twist data to suit your needs, and blatantly insert irrelevant information as if it pertains in some way. You've got just about (if not all) of the vets of the forum against you in this issue. Are you too stupid to see that?

All I can say is you're lucky I'm not a mod. I would have sent you to the hills a long time ago. You obviously know everything there is to know so what's the point of keeping you around anyway.

God I wish there were still ban polls :banned:

Status
Not open for further replies.