Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First laser show! Whoo!

Hey guys,

I have been working on this for a while and most of my laser funds have gone into this. Im still waiting on a couple of parts but i was bored today so i hooked it up with DMX. I dont have a video camera right now (working on it :D) but i had my webcam. I almost didnt upload it because the quality was so bad but i couldnt resist.

The quality sucks because it is my webcam. Sorry...

To make it even worse, i dont have a fog machine - yet. Its in the mail...for now i was using matches lol...

Tell me what you guys think! I was really impressed. I will make a thread in the laser shows section once its done. This is it for now...

Its going to have a red and a violet. I dont have those yet...They are in the mail. I dont even have stuff bolted down yet. I was just bored so i ran the show.

I somehow lost my violet dichro though....I left it on my desk the entire time. I have no idea where it is lol...Another 75 dollars to CT lasers i guess.

EDIT: Missed yours EF. Yep it is. o-like 100mW and the LSP20k galvos using the DMX. Im not sure if the mic is working though. Its plugged in but i dont really think its doing anything...

Hold your funds pal, I'll send you a dichro, no cost! Good work pal! -GH

Muff --- Good start. Most people in the audience are unelightened !!!
Keep going.

Mike

Are you sure Glenn? I can order one...Ill send you a PM

@Mike: Thanks. Once i get everything bolted down and everything working ill start making more shows and posting them. Hopefully when i get everything squared away i can take requests for shows and make them.

I forgot to metion the power levels. Here they are (i know they wont give a perfect white but im fine with it):

Green(TTL): 100mW (it actually does around 120-140.)
Red(analogue): 250mW
Violet (analogue): 200mW (possibly around 250 if i get one of Jay's 405-g-1 lenses).

Now all i need is a video camera lol. My dad got one of the flip (?) ones so hopefully that will work.

I think i got the mic to work too (thanks laserchat) so ill try a show out.

Very nice now be different and put the BR in befor the the red one and play with just grn/BR beams for awhile they sure look good together ! nice going dude ! :wave:

I'm going to try another video camera I have lying around. Hopefully it will be better.

Thanks for all the props guys!

Ordering a violet dichro tomorrow. Does anyone have one that I can buy before I buy another from CTlasers?

Thanks

Things

Nice! What's the name of the song? Sounds like one that could be interesting to make a lasershow to :)

Yeah I was planning on making a show in spaghetti with it. It's called "fasten your seatbelts" by pendulum.