Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler???

GSS

Not too hard at all. Check the build thread links in my signature.
Not hard for you:beer: as you sure have some skills my friend:)
as for me my hand is way to shaky for small spaces:cryyy:
but back to topic, how hard would it be to drill your own LED hole with total understanding that the pens are plated.
It looks like some of the builds were the LED is used, you have to build the drivers around to where the hole is. I would think having the option to put the LED light where its easier is something to think about. A few mm's closer or away from the switch shouldn't make much of a difference?

Hi GSS,
Great point awesome that way you can manipulate the space needed for the Led smart thinking buddy.

Rich:)

Not hard for you:beer: as you sure have some skills my friend:)
as for me my hand is way to shaky for small spaces:cryyy:
but back to topic, how hard would it be to drill your own LED hole with total understanding that the pens are plated.
It looks like some of the builds were the LED is used, you have to build the drivers around to where the hole is. I would think having the option to put the LED light where its easier is something to think about. A few mm's closer or away from the switch shouldn't make much of a difference?

Pull a Jayrob and use fiber optics to put the LED output wherever you want :D

^I always thought that was clever

BobMc

Update; they do have the led holes in them. Deal is pushing forward, worked out the price, just need to confirm they are complete, focus knob, pcb board, pcb board spacer. Than work out the middle man and we are good to go. Keep everybody in the know, so you know what's happening. :)

Last edited:

BobMc

Cont. update. Middleman has been agreed upon. Payment has been sent, so it's a matter of waiting for delivery and packages being forward to their parties. Will make a sells thread when they arrive, with :kewlpics:

Last edited:
Would these be difficult to install a second button hole?

I have a neat little diode in need of a small host and I think these would make a wonderful host for it:D

BobMc

Would these be difficult to install a second button hole?

I have a neat little diode in need of a small host and I think these would make a wonderful host for it:D

Have no hands-on experience as of yet. Somebody mentioned you could drill a led hole wherever you wanted it, but that was when I wasn't sure they had the led holes. If that's the case I can't see a problem with drilling a second hole wherever the need might be. Probably going to be a few weeks before I get my paws on them but when I do I'll post a lot of pics and make a sales thread. Don't think their going to sell super fast, so I guessing they'll be around for a spell. But :thanks: for your interest. :)

Last edited:

Encap

Cont. update. Middleman has been agreed upon. Payment has been sent, so it's a matter of waiting for delivery and packages being forward to their parties. Will make a sells thread when they arrive, with :kewlpics:

I don't understand all the middle man stuff---the middle man is Will at Laser66 who buys them for resale from the supplier? How many more middle men are there not including yourself?

Whatever the case may be-- how much lower than the $11 price anyone can buy one from Laser66 for, including black plastic switch support, and button (with adhesive pad) will the pen hosts be?
Are you going to be selling the switch pcb for $3 additional like Laser66 does or included with the host?

Last edited:

BobMc

I don't understand all the middle man stuff---the middle man is Will at Laser66 who buys them for resale from the supplier? How many more middle men are there not including yourself?

Whatever the case may be-- how much lower than the $11 price anyone can buy one from Laser66 for, including black plastic switch support, and button (with adhesive pad) will the pen hosts be?
Are you going to be selling the switch pcb for $3 additional like Laser66 does or included with the host?

Wow, ever consider I might not be not buying them from Wil?

They will be more expensive than 11.00. ( but than I will only sell them complete, host/focus knob/pcb&switch/pcb support bar )

No I will not be selling the pcb by
itself.

Thanks for the questions, hope I answered them for you. :)

Last edited:

Encap

Wow, ever consider I might not be not buying them from Wil?

They will be more expensive than 11.00. ( but than I will only sell them complete, host/focus knob/pcb&switch/pcb support bar )

No I will not be selling the pcb by
itself.

Thanks for the questions, hope I answered them for you. :)

Not from Laser66 - OK --just going by what you said in the OP post #1.

Be very careful--don't get ripped off by an unknown --deal directly the manufacturer to avoid problems of several sorts and excess cost. Beware of being set up by used car salesman like weasels with nothing and no track record on LPF. There have been more than a few noobs that do a song and dance trying to take advantage of LPF members because they smell a little money and say things like re: Laser66 like "i'm in the progress of making a deal of ordering all of his pointer stock" whch isn't even correct use of English and also claim to know every manufacturer as well or have hosts to sell but are not qualified to sell in the LPF Buy, Sell, and Trade subforum.
Don't lay out any money without a sample of what you are buying and use an escrow service that will not release any of your money until you have recieved and approve what has been promised to you and if anything is wrong will return the money to you.

More than Laser66 sells them? I don't see the point but is up to you.

Since you are relatively new at LPF have a look at the thread below--history on these pen host sales and lack of sales from past times.
FYI see post # 1 and # 470 here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-new-pen-host-kits-switch-board-spring-option-nice-22561-30.html

Whatever the case ---good luck and be careful.

Last edited:

BobMc

Not from Laser66 - OK --just going by what you said in the OP post #1.

Be very careful--don't get ripped off by an unknown --deal directly the manufacturer to avoid problems of several sorts and excess cost. Beware of being set up by used car salesman like weasels with nothing and no track record on LPF. There have been more than a few than a few noobs that do a song and dance trying to take advantage of LPF members because they smell a little money and say things like re: Laser66 like "i'm in the progress of making a deal of ordering all of his pointer stock" whch isn't even correct use of English and also claim to know every manufacturer as well or have hosts to sell but are not qualified to sell in the Buy, Sell, and Trade subforum.
Don't lay out any money with a sample of what you are buying and use an escrow service that will not release any of your money until you have recieved and approve what has been promised to you and if anything is wrong will return the money to you.

More than Laser66 sells them? I don't see the point but is up to you.

Since you are relatively new at LPF have a look at the thread below--history on these pen host sales and lack of sales from past times.
FYI see post # 1 and # 470 here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-new-pen-host-kits-switch-board-spring-option-nice-22561-30.html

Whatever the case ---good luck and be careful.

1) I think if you reread my first post you will see I made no mention of "where" I was thinking of buying, only "what" I was thinking of buying.

2) Sounds like pretty solid advise. Thanks for the link. :)

3) As far as the price goes nobody "has" to buy off me, only if they choose to. :thinking:

Ps. :thanks: for the good wishes! :)

I'm in for 1 of each as well.

:thanks: 94Z28, I'll let you know if/when, I get my hands on them. :)

Last edited:

BobMc

Update, sad to say, the deal fell through. Sorry to everybody that was hoping, like myself, that there would be some Laser66 pen hosts for sale. Hopefully somebody will come up with some. Crash and burn :(

Last edited: