Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler for Group Buy - 6X Cylindrical Lens set - Medium size

My sets arrived just now and they look good, will try a pair out later maybe after dinner.
Considering the minimum size of a module and heat sink there's not much reason not to use this size, they should be easier to work with.
Thanks CDBeam777 (y)

Good news....so far ! This size IS easy to work with....in my experience...and the price is right sized too !! I have found them to perform well.

CDBEAM

Ok, here's a quick test and it was quick, took me 30 seconds to align these, they are like super easy to work with, almost like cheating somehow, they work great, the test was with a NUBM44 DTR G2 and this 6X pair, the bar at 15 feet was reduced from 45mm ( 1.75 inch ) to 7mm ( 5/16 inch ) just like the smaller pairs that cost twice as much, these are a win.

Sorry I did not bring along a filter, the smoke in the air was from the 7mm spot burning my wood backstop.

SANY3278.JPG
SANY3281.JPG

I am not sure what these C-Lenses will do with the 044....the 044 easily tied for FIRST PLACE....with the HL63193/P73 Red Diode for astigmatic divergence ( Belly up to the BAR !!) I would say...As good as any other 6X C-lens. I have never stated they are superior to other 6X C-Lens optics

They are less Expensive, Sized for ease of handling....and...IMNSHO....more forgiving to achieve the optimal correction.

As with ALL C-lenses.....
1) Lens to Lens separation distance is critical.
2) Lens MUST be parallel to each other
3) Beam path MUST be in the geometrical side to side centre for both lenses.
4) Beam path MUST be perpendicular to the top/Bottom Lens plane for both lenses.
5) Optical Beam correction....will not be 100% perfect. Some aberration will result....as will some minimal power loss.

To those on the GB.....who have NOT worked with C-Lenses ( If any )…..prepare yourselves....optimal alignment takes patience !!! BUT...is achievable.

Have fun !!

CDBEAM

Note....just saw the post by RC...….GREAT !!!!!

Last edited:
I have another optical bench setup to use with a pair of cyl lenses and have been thinking of using it on a 635nm 1+ watt diode to put into a handheld. I think at these prices, it is worth it to try.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for the quick test, Red! (y)

What were the approximate distances from the lens that you found to work best with this NUBM44 diode?

@CD, thanks for the optimal alignment parameters for these C lenses, I for one have not built anything with these, yet.

---EDITED---

I literally set those lenses in 30 seconds, they are roughly 1.25 inches apart and the 1st lens the concave cyl was about 1/2 inch from the G2 lens, I set both hot so you can see the bar stretch to over 2 feet wide at 15 feet when you set that concave cyl, just center that line, center the lens, center everything LOL.
You can see the beam inprint on the lens making it easy to center, any rotation will produce skew but squaring it up is obvious too.

When you center your concave cyl then set your convex you will see as you move it what it needs, typically I set the concave as close to the lens as I can within reason something like 1/4 to 1/2 an inch and you will see the bar/spot is now over 2 feet wide at the 15 foot away target, again center it same point as before, everything centers on that same point where you start.

Next the convex, you will know when it's right by watching your spot, it should center the same place as you set each lens, if not you will notice some skew. As you move it shortening or lengthening the distsnce between the lenses yos will see that bar go from wide to tight, stop when tight, centered and squared. Rotate your lens to square the bar ( remove skew ) also the print you see on the lens should be centered from left to right.

These were very easy to use so you can experiment easily, as you know always wear those laser safety glasses and have fun.

p.s. I did NOT glue anything down, the lenses were just sitting in a clamp on channel I made to fit 1.5 inch wide heat sinks.

SANY3296.JPG

Last edited:
Planters did a video on using cylinder lenses to correct for a Mitsubishi ML501P73 diode awhile back. He bounced the beam profile off a FS mirror in the far field and showed how changing the distance, skew, tilt all had a different result on the beam profile. It was a very good video. It has been a couple of years or so since I saw it.

Hi Bob,
Just got mine the last evening before leaving on vacation. It only took them 2 weeks to get here, not bad.
When I return I will compare them with the "old stock" pair you sent me 2 years ago and in positive case go for 10 more pairs in the GB2!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you here!!!

Hi Bob,
Just got mine the last evening before leaving on vacation. It only took them 2 weeks to get here, not bad.
When I return I will compare them with the "old stock" pair you sent me 2 years ago and in positive case go for 10 more pairs in the GB2!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you here!!!

I'm sure you know of the 2nd GB and here it is for anyone else wanting to get in. > https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/clens-gb-2-interest_sign-up.103835/page-2#post-1552731

LaNeK779

Hi Bob,
Just got mine today, all in great shape

thanks for doing this for us