Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler for Group Buy - 6X Cylindrical Lens set - Medium size

OK....Well...Here goes !!!
I have heard back from the TH Optics Company.

The price would be $ 26.50 per Set.

A Set = one (1) PCX and one (1) PCV lens = total of two (2) optics.

This price includes TT Funds transfer to the manufacture and shipping from the manufacture to me from China.

Lead time after they receive funds transfer = 45 days

I WILL add the cost of shipping to you to the final cost. Items would ship from Monroe, MI USA.... USPS priority.

Optics Specifications

BK7 Optical Glass

BBar/vis AR coated

23mm tall x 18mm wide x 5mm thick...for both PCX and PCV optics

6X magnification

So Far, we have commitments from the following good people...

CDBEAM 10 sets
Alaskan 10 sets
Logsquared 10 sets
LaNeK779 5 sets
Kecked 2 sets
Paul1598419 1 set

SOoooo...That add's up to 38 sets !!!
we need 12 more to satisfy the minimum order quantity

Can we get this off the runway...into the air ???

Please express your interest/commitment. I will update the list accordingly.

Personally....I have found this size and manufacture to work the best....for any of my optics correction projects !!!
I would NOT do a GB....unless I really wanted more !!! IMNSHO....they work the best....and are a perfect size to work with !!

The Funds Transfer (TT) would happen when ALL payments are complete to me and I have a " Ship To address " in hand from EVERYONE !!
If this GP happens....I will be well organized...and STRICT....NO BS !

Thanx !!!
CDBEAM

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi CD, I'd also be interested in a set of these; thanks for organizing this GB, much appreciated! :)

I'm still in for one set. I noticed you already have me down, but wanted to reiterate that I still want it.

Updated List Saturday AM 10.13.2018

CDBEAM 10 sets
Alaskan 10 sets
Logsquared 10 sets
LaNeK779 5 sets
Kecked 2 sets
RedCowboy 3 sets
Paul1598419 1 set
BowIieguy 1 set

42 sets spoken for
8 sets remaining open
Thanx, CDBEAM

Hi Bob,

Thank you for doing this GB!
Will these sets be exactly like you had from Lazeerer with lens separation 22.54mm?
Well, so much precision is not needed. I am in for 4 sets.

So minimum order must be 50 sets, right? Does anyone know a way to cut/grind these lenses up to 10mm wideness?
In theory only 4 such "slimmed" sets on a couple of custom holders could be enough to correct all 8 beams from NUBM08 block I have been playing with...

Attachments

• 5a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 12
  • cylindricals.jpg
    cylindricals.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 13
So minimum order must be 50 sets, right? Does anyone know a way to cut/grind these lenses up to 10mm wideness?
In theory only 4 such "slimmed" sets on a couple of custom holders could be enough to correct all 8 beams from NUBM08 block I have been playing with...

Ok I had the same thought, you could stagger them so the bottom row sits a lens width further out and you could overhang the end if height is an issue.

The way the diodes are set your lenses would lay horizontally, the upper and lower rows are 180 out but that won't matter.
These lenses are 23 tall by 18 wide, what is your center to center between diode holes ?

factorylayout.JPG

Last edited:
Forgive the double post, please bump me up 1 more set to 4 sets, Thanks.

Hi Red,
No, the lenses have to be put as shown because I want to expand the beams horizontally. Anyway it is just experiment, may not work.
The separation of all beams centers in 08/44 blocks is 11.0mm, and in 47 blocks even less - 10.5mm.

At the moment I am in course of buying all residual 6x sets from LSP (he had 4 left after I purchased 6 sets from him before), so I will have enough to try but mounting all 16 lenses into a Thorlabs frame will be a hard work.

Oh, how amazing - I can attach a high res picture under 1MB now !

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 11
  • ba.jpg
    ba.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 11
@ Lightsuperglue: Copper would likely be better at moving heat than the factory blocks at the overdriven currents we drive them, also you may find it a lot easier to put your diodes into modules and build something that works better, the indium solder holding the diodes in melts at low temp, have you seen this video ?

List for commitment, Updated Sat PM 10.13.2018

CDBEAM 10 sets
Alaskan 10 sets
Logsquared 10 sets
LaNeK779 5 sets
RedCowboy 4 sets
Light superglue 4 sets
Kecked 2 sets
Paul1598419 1 set
BowTieguy 1 set

47 sets spoken for
3 sets remaining open !!!

These are the same lens that Lazereer had, the same supplier, the same spec....and the same lens I have used on all my combiner builds.

Minimum order quantity = 50 sets

Thanx,
CDBEAM

Thanx, CDBEAM

Hi Bob,

If they are same you use count me for 3 remaining sets as well - I can take 7 sets in total!
And sorry for multiple posting in this thread.

Hi Red,
The extracting of 130ºC hot LDs is too ordinary, to make use of the virgin block is my idea fix for now!
And I do not plan to overdrive the block - I think it will not be necessary at such power density!

Hi Red,
The extracting of 130ºC hot LDs is too ordinary, to make use of the virgin block is my idea fix for now!
And I do not plan to overdrive the block - I think it will not be necessary at such power density!

Sounds like a fun experiment, I hope to see you make it work, Good luck. :D

@ Bob : Please message me my total and your PayPal addy and I will send you PayPal. Thanks

Last edited:
This is coming along quickly. PM me with PP address when you need payment, Bob. Thanks.

OK...The gears start to turn....NOW. Thank you all !!! and Thanx …..Light superglue for pushing us Over the Top !!

I will now send out PM's with my Paypal Addy. I NEED your Ship Too Address info. ALL participants....send your address to me !!!!
Give me 24 hours to complete this PM process.

I will need this to determine the shipping cost. Other than Alaskan and Light superglue.....do we have any other non USA ship to points ???
I think USPS Priority has a flat rate for - Small Box Priority.....I will check.

Once I have determined the shipping cost for all participants....I will send out your total payment amount to each....on the LPF PM channel.

SO....When you send the PP....Send as payment for purchased items. You will be responsible for the PP fee.

THIS is the first time I have done a GB....I do NOT want to screw it up !!!!!!!!!!!

Please bear with me !!! I will likely be OCD for this ENTIRE process !!

6X Cylindrical Lens Set - GB List

CDBEAM 10 sets
Alaskan 10 sets
Logsquared 10 sets
Light superglue 7 sets
LaNeK779 5 sets
RedCowboy 4 sets
Kecked 2 sets
Paul1598419 1 set
BowTieguy 1 set

50 sets spoken for = Minimum Order quantity

I will send the funds to TH Optical when ALL funds are in to me!

I will advise you on this thread when ALL funds are in....and the TT transfer to TH has been completed.

FYI, This will be the second time I have ordered from TH Optical and I am confident they are a solid group !!

Thanx again...
CDBEAM

Last edited: