Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

EXTREME focusable 370mW yellow beast

I wonder how many times we need to say that you please stop with your double posting.
THERE IS AN EDIT BUTTON TO THE RIGHT

:thanks:
..and get well soon!

I can sympathize with you Twisted on that catching-a-toe-on-something when walking through. Happened enough times when I was younger to teach me to put things away even when just pausing for long times BUT now my young son likes to relocate and move things around when I'm at work. I've got a habit of not turning on the lights when going into familiar rooms and such, and as it's my house I'm usually very familiar with my rooms and such...until now ! Thanks to my son I have rediscovered the joys of strange and sharp/breakable items magically appearing where there was none before.

But back to topic.
What about your yellow laser research ?
Are you still looking into it ?
Anything in particular you determined would work out better or worse for you ? (Not everybody has the same requirements or needs for their lasers ! You might like a thin green beam in a wider red one with a ring of golden yellow as the transition between. Nobody can tell you it's wrong if it's your laser.)
:yh:
BTW. According to my ol' "Auto Mechanic" training experience from way back, using the F-word swearing is only for the EXTREME circumstances. I believe the circumstances in the previous postings here only got up to the SHI* or Son-of-a-B**** levels.
Try to reserve the swearing for the proper circumstances. Thanks.
:na:

I can sympathize with you Twisted on that catching-a-toe-on-something when walking through. Happened enough times when I was younger to teach me to put things away even when just pausing for long times BUT now my young son likes to relocate and move things around when I'm at work. I've got a habit of not turning on the lights when going into familiar rooms and such, and as it's my house I'm usually very familiar with my rooms and such...until now ! Thanks to my son I have rediscovered the joys of strange and sharp/breakable items magically appearing where there was none before.

But back to topic.
What about your yellow laser research ?
Are you still looking into it ?
Anything in particular you determined would work out better or worse for you ? (Not everybody has the same requirements or needs for their lasers ! You might like a thin green beam in a wider red one with a ring of golden yellow as the transition between. Nobody can tell you it's wrong if it's your laser.)
:yh:
BTW. According to my ol' "Auto Mechanic" training experience from way back, using the F-word swearing is only for the EXTREME circumstances. I believe the circumstances in the previous postings here only got up to the SHI* or Son-of-a-B**** levels.
Try to reserve the swearing for the proper circumstances. Thanks.
:na:
Hello, So for my bday I am getting 100mW violet laser, goggles and some unknown present and a phone that my dad can get free because he owns his company...
I am selling on kijiji(Canadian Craigs list) My psp with a bunch of games, my ds lite with a bunch of games and a bunch of xbox 360 games. I will build the yellow laser but first I need some money and a sheet of plastic to set everything up.
Thanks for the advice and no I do not keep stuff out anymore I stopped doing that 3 days ago :)

I'm thinking about building the rog811 yellow laser pointer - it can be done...
My father has been on vecation and my 30mW green stars light special effects laser & the 100mW should be here tomorrow... Because he comes back tomorrow... Can't wait!!! But I really don't want to spend a bunch of money on a lathe or dvd/hddvd/bluray burners for the laser, Is there an alternative? Where do I get dichros that are so tiny?

I'm thinking about building the rog811 yellow laser pointer - it can be done...
My father has been on vecation and my 30mW green stars light special effects laser & the 100mW should be here tomorrow... Because he comes back tomorrow... Can't wait!!! But I really don't want to spend a bunch of money on a lathe or dvd/hddvd/bluray burners for the laser, Is there an alternative? Where do I get dichros that are so tiny?

You can buy larger dichro's and cut them to the size you need :)

sometimes you can use the mirrors in old CD and DVD drives as dichroic mirrors. They may not have the most efficient pass numbers, but they could get the job done. And broken CD/DVD drives are generally free.

LOL can't wait to see the results :p well I'll wait 6 weeks from now anyways haha

some ducktape glue tape rubber elastic bands maybe some paper cool laser pointer it will be :p

Ash

Use the tiny turning mirrors or pbs cubes left over in a PHR sled.
phr803ta.jpg

Making this is the tricky part: pic

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
"Should I use super glue ultra gel? "

:tsk:NEVER allow any type of CA glue product to come within a foot of your laser optics! The stuff evaporates (sumlimates for the gel?) and condenses on any nearby surface--like your optics--permanently 'fogging' them. Go epoxy!