Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

EXTREME focusable 370mW yellow beast

Ash

..... I will just keep an eye on the duty cycle, I'm not gonna have it on all the time anyways...
Okay. I want to caution you that when your laser breaks, do not, DO NOT look down into the laser. :(
Sometimes the crystals get mis-aligned or loose due to misuse or dropping it too much. That will leave you with a laser putting out dangerous invisible (IR) laser light. If your suddenly bright green laser looks like a dim red dot laser, watch out. That dim dot is created by the 808nm Infrared DPSS pump diode. That IR can be very dangerous to your vision because you can fry your eye without knowing it. :yabbem:

Okay. I want to caution you that when your laser breaks, do not, DO NOT look down into the laser. :(
Sometimes the crystals get mis-aligned or loose due to misuse or dropping it too much. That will leave you with a laser putting out dangerous invisible (IR) laser light. If your suddenly bright green laser looks like a dim red dot laser, watch out. That dim dot is created by the 808nm Infrared DPSS pump diode. That IR can be very dangerous to your vision because you can fry your eye without knowing it. :yabbem:

I knew that... That is amazing advice though! I put a crap load of heat sink compound covering the laser like crazy and waiting for it to harden... I let one of the things that turns not glued with heat sink so I can focus it. Also I put in a nice 12v fan! :)
Can't wait to build my red laser and use my beam combiner and lens from my old laptop.

That link doesn't work , sorry it's that youtube is down

Oh great you removed a dvd drive ( can i ask you what kind of batt voltage your drill has ? :D:D:D )

My fucking laser I just built today has appeared to face a horrible accident!

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THIS 200mW green module???

I bought a 200mW burner and that's what I'm gonna get I'm gonna have a little talk with DX about false advertising, It usually outputs 100mW anyways.

PROOF: Fucking broke my new laser! - YouTube

What did you do to it?

Nothing that was my first time using it, cries. Maybe the pot needs to be adjusted (lowered) and it can't handle the power?
Anyways screw the labby I didn't wire it well so it screwed up and I'm gonna put the laser in a flash light.

I hope for you that the pot is burning itself away inside.
what kind of pot are you using? wirewound ? cause most lil potmeters don't really like 300 - 500 mA

Anywhay it looks like you have overheated the module a few times and those die fast that crystal inside is verry small and sensitive.

Last edited:
I hope for you that the pot is burning itself away inside.
what kind of pot are you using? wirewound ? cause most lil potmeters don't really like 300 - 500 mA

Anywhay it looks like you have overheated the module a few times and those die fast that crystal inside is verry small and sensitive.

What the hell dude I didn't fucking make it Dealextreme did.
All I did was order it and stick it to AA batteries it's a fucking diode pumped laser with a driver made by Dealextreme I did not change anything or even solder anything on the fucking circuit board I am fucking pissed everything I make breaks!
This is the laser why do you think I made it and wasn't doing test loads and stupid shit like that?

Cam453

Entering.... RAGE MODE!!!!!!

Going into phase 2..... THREAD FAIL!!!!

But really it's a toss up of what you get from places like dealextreme

Ash

What the hell dude I didn't fucking make it Dealextreme did.
All I did was order it and stick it to AA batteries it's a fucking diode pumped laser with a driver made by Dealextreme I did not change anything or even solder anything on the fucking circuit board I am fucking pissed everything I make breaks!
This is the laser why do you think I made it and wasn't doing test loads and stupid shit like that?
Calm the fuck down little one. Drop your attitude. :cryyy:
For some reason, you seem to not understand that we're just trying to help you, rather than criticize you.
So what if your crappy DX module died. You were fucking with it too much anyway, it was bound to happen. If you had done a little reading in the "companies" section of our forum here, you would have seen that DX modules aren't really built by them at all, and their 532nm modules are over driven, mode-hopping assembly line junk.
So, for the record, hooking up batteries to a pre-built DPSS module isn't "making" anything. So really, unless you are soldering diodes onto drivers, setting the current on a pot (hopefully using a test-load), machining heatsinks, or crystal alignment, you haven't made sh it's worth of lasers yet. :shhh:
I suggest a lot more reading and a lot less posting. :tired:

oh... Next time I do this o-like i'll be my choice, And I went into rage mode because I cut my toe with a drill!

Cam453

O-like has much better quality than dealextreme. And wtf...... How do you cut your toe with a drill? Weren't you wearing shoes?

JLSE

And wtf...... How do you cut your toe with a drill? Weren't you wearing shoes?

:thinking:

drill_feet.jpg

Cam453

Haha I stand corrected.

I just assumed people would be more cautious with power tools.

Haha I stand corrected.

I just assumed people would be more cautious with power tools.

No my drill was standing up on my floor and when running really fast out of my room my toe hit the drill bit thing and cut me kinda deep. Thanks for your concern! :)