Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Exciting news about Blu-ray lasers and fossils

-- this is really great..

I found this article in Photonics Spectra a longstanding and excellent trade mag for the entire laser industry including aticles on lots of new uses.

I have gotten the OK to reprint this article ( pardon my use of a camera--my scanner does not want to work...lol):whistle:

The author is Autum Pylant and she is going to join us... please be nice guys!! j/k:tsk:

Because of this discovery many new and exciting info has been found, which, will make change our ideas of what these dinos REALLY looked like.... as much that has be done by more or less educated guessing in the past.
.. did you know that there once was a flying/gliding 'bird' with fourwings???...me either.

The 405 brings out things that before were unseen..
like wing-like feathers where on legs as well.

be back with links

Attachments

• last  try small fossil pics 006.JPG
    last try small fossil pics 006.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 111
  • last  try small fossil pics 013.JPG
    last try small fossil pics 013.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

BobMc

Yes, I did know about the 4 winged dinosaurs. ( their called my inlaws) :D

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I know shame on me! :tsk:

Last edited:
nice find len

Thanks my brother.. I attempted to make a thread about this awesome mag.(Photonics Spectra) but it sorta got hijacked by members who confused the Photonic Spectrum with the trade mag.. so I gave up.

its free to get digital and while most will 'go over' our heads... still lots of interesting articles..
brb with a link..

"Subscribe on-line here:
www.photonics.com/mpnwbcp15
here is a link to the PDF--
https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...-4nFVJHZvYZ8HItO0dE8H2pvm2OVwjqR-T2Cx5sOInQHI

please opt for the on-line version as AFAIK its will cost them much less than opting for the printed version..they also put out info on convention dates-meets- and comprehensive listings of Laser and Parts Companies.

Last edited:
Nice article, len. I have seen this recreation of the four winged bird before now. I find laser-florescence imagining fascinating. It seems to be used in more ways than when it was first designed.

Oh, dang. It won't let me rep you again yet.

Last edited:

Radim

Thanks for sharing, great to see that application.
I believe she will be welcomed warmly here. ;)

Edit: I have spreading time on you as well as Paul has.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for sharing Len.
Very interesting.
To think that those basic blu-ray diodes that many members here started their hobby with have now gone onto doing that.
Don't worry Paul and Radim. I was able to +rep.

Also like Radim nicely put, she will be very welcome here. :beer:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Neat stuff Len, nice seeing real world apllications of lasers, hopefully this can help unlock some of the mysteries of early life on the planet. Thanks for sharing buddy! :beer:

Heck, it might even help with the solve the mysteries of BobMc's inlaws. ;)
:gj: +rep!

BobMc

Heck, it might even help with the solve the mysteries of BobMc's inlaws. ;)

Haaaa, that would be the mystery of the ages. Probably figure out about Bigfoot too. :D

Ps; I love my relatives ( just don't tell them it would ruin my reputation). :)

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Bob, my lips are sealed, and your reputation is intact. ;)

even better news--the author (Autum) is joining LPF-- so we will see more of her pics and be able to her ask our many questions==this new way to look at fossils will reveal many things about 'dinos' that before was unknown ..WOOT!
I really would like more scientists etc join LPF-- we are like sponges eagerly soaking up all and any new info..
yeah for bluray--len

Last edited:
https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...A_wnwjbciDtLq07tjaVpUxuuLXFSDJeWy8l6qL4itDziQ

She sent us this file.^^^

. another monthly copy of PS has arrived and she has another article in that section.. you guys REALLY need to sign up =

=get the digital version ..both are free-

here:
www.photonics.com/DigitalSample

from there^^
I think you can also sign up for a free year-but please opt for the on-line mag. as it will save them a little$$$.

and IIRC after a year or two you sign up again.. its all free and the stuff advertised there/...

..(not much I could afford)...:drool:......:undecided:

this trade mag has been around for 20+ years.. and each issue has the latest new uses for lasers AND.. in the grand scheme of things showed me how really small a 'market' 'we' are.

IDK
I DO know AixiZ has imported and sold millions of 12X30s... over the years.
Last visit I saw on a shelf the 'bags' (did -you think they came to AixiZ assembled???? no way-)- AixiZ had told me a few years back that they ordered blank modules 3 to 5 times a year and always 5000 pcs.
this newest order was dropped to 4000 pcs. Biz has been not too good for 3 years now.. People send $$ away instead of buying from USA dealer. who must pay to import- pay more to do biz- pay people, pay taxes etc etc. In china - the stuff is there or near and FYI the sellers get a HUGE shipping break -- and other incentitives we will never see. How can a China item at eekbay be BIN 25 cents and free ship???

AixiZ is always seeking new items for the 'store' Chuck's personal cell is on the site aixiz.com (713) (btw be nice-guys- 8 to 5 PM Houston time -weekdays unless its an emergency.
I can relay messgs. suggestions etc.

Same 5 star customer service.. same warranty- & ONE MORE TIME PLZ do not buy aixiz from Scamazon or creepbay and has'nt POOPPAL sucked enough of our blodd already???-- there are better ways to pay.. and order and if you don't mention the forums --yr bad.:beer::drool:

back w/ link:beer:

Last edited: