Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Eghemus

Hey guys, according to the forum reputation eghemus reputation is beyond repute. Well he is a dick. Just kidding!!!!!

I had some spare titanium tube and stock laying around and he said he could try to make me a host. I was very specific with what I wanted (based in batteries I had lol). So I sent him the titanium and a 17500 batt and said go to town. He made me a beautiful smooth host for 2 batts. He was about to ship me the host and I then requested a titanium focusing knob too. I didn't here back and 3 days later the host showed up with the lens holder, and a tail switch, and a positive end spring thing set in, with an extended silicone wire lead!!!
My goal is to put one of those 3 watt 445s dtr. It's so lite!!! And has that beautiful brushed metal finish!

I sent him a good amount and let him keep the rest for him self. He made the same host for himself and anodized it with the most amazing splashes of color!!!

When I get home I'll post pix, and ask him to post pix of his!!!

Edit 2/19/2015 sorry for the delay, I just recently acquired the parts needed to finish via our main man DTR

2W 462nm with 1.8A X-Drive.
Powered by 2- 17500 Panasonics
Copper DTR Module with 405G-2 lens
Eghumus host (host stats above)

without further adieu...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 337
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 339
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

DTR

You can probably tell by the way his hosts seem to be in abundance in my build threads I am also a big fan of his work. Every unit I have received from him has been amazing. He is certainly the man when it comes to full custom hosts.:beer:

Totally. Now I gotta come up with the money to by the diode and host from you!!!

Everybody knows titanium is light. But on this you can feel it and the rich darker than aluminum color!! And you don't ever feel like the threads are going to strip. Just a tight solid threading!!

Last edited:

IsaacT

Yeah Ehgemus is top notch. I don't buy hosts from anyone else anymore. And I am sure he gets tired of my incessant requests but I promise it is only until this next host! (I have been saying that one for awhile)

I got my hands on one of his Titanium pieces as a middle man for livinloud and was very impressed by it. It is one of the most ideal every day carry lasers.

Is the entire host Ti? No Al or Cu? Are tailcap threads Ti too?

Any pics? thanks

Yes, the whole host is titanium. tail cap, body, focusing ring. i'll eventually throw in
a one of dtr's 462nm dioeds in a copper module. pm me your email, I can send you a pic from my phone.

Michael.

I own 2 of his hosts and love them. I will make a thread showing my builds and his quality work as soon as they are done. Those titanium hosts are the bomb! Great stuff.

I couldn't agree more with everyone in this thread. I have a beatiful brushed aluminium finished white powder coated host from Eghemus and it is absolutely flawless!!!! It will soon be spitting out some 471nm photons!! (Hopefully even higher ;))

Love his work :D definitely won't be my last purchase :rolleyes:

Harold makes beautiful hosts (shh.. don't tell him, but he doesn't charge enough for them). I have six from him so far and buying more.

I am very happy with the picture he sent of my host. I am awaiting it's delivery. He accepted my custom requests and implemented them very well. I appreciate his work!

Attachments

• complete.jpg
    complete.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 74
Been using this laser for a while now. I gotta say I still love it!!

I've lost it twice, and washed it in the washing machine, then in the dryer once.
Still running just as strong as ever.

With 2 17500 batts in series, I get realistically 30-45 mins between charges.

This weekend we went to the river and brought out the seadoos. A tow rope got sucked into the impeller shaft. I couldn't find a sharp knife anywhere. so I pulled the seadoo out of the river and used this beast to cut the tangled rope out.

I had it on for about 10 straight minutes. Host was comfortably warm, never hot.
It cut the rope off!!!

Michael.

Been using this laser for a while now. I gotta say I still love it!!

I've lost it twice, and washed it in the washing machine, then in the dryer once.
Still running just as strong as ever.

With 2 17500 batts in series, I get realistically 30-45 mins between charges.

This weekend we went to the river and brought out the seadoos. A tow rope got sucked into the impeller shaft. I couldn't find a sharp knife anywhere. so I pulled the seadoo out of the river and used this beast to cut the tangled rope out.

I had it on for about 10 straight minutes. Host was comfortably warm, never hot.
It cut the rope off!!!

Michael.

Well I guess I can say now that they are torture tested. Lol