Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ebay r-lsales sending dud Li-ion batteries to customers.

Pman

Do the King Kong not measure up? Other than one odd one that i purchased by accident i have only purchased the KK 26650 ones. I would be very curious as to whether there are any that can beat the high quality 18650 cells out there such as the Panasonic Pf, Sony VTC4, Samsung 25R, Sanyo or AW cells. I messed around with different cells like those with my Phlatlights aND there's always a significant voltage sag when pulling 30+ amps (as you would expect of course). I need some adjustable 50A drivers for my PT-121 experiments. You can push a staggering 5000lm out of a PT-121 green.

I bought some batteries from a us seller a while ago claiming they were high drain 18650s
I got them for a song. a week later they show up and I put my meter on them and all were not what they claimed! when I asked the seller what the deal was he said I got a bad batch and to send them back at my cost. I sent them back and sent him the tracking code. A month goes by I hear nothing from this guy. So I send him a email on ebay asking were my replacement batteries were! He does not respond with in a week so I send a message to ebay with the sellers details and the translation info from paypal. Two weeks go by with nothing from either the seller or ebay. Then I get a message from ebay saying that the seller was no longer apart of ebay so they could do nothing to help me. I lost fifty bucks in cash and have nothing to show for it

Hi Folks,
I purchased a total of four 32650's for my mag light builds for all my high power diodes. I must say that the huge cells take a while to charge. It took about 12 to 14 hours to charge these monsters. But when there full they go a long way in a big build. So i have no complaints with this r-isales vendor, and these are the Feilong 32650's . Constant V low drain cells..

Rich:)

I bought some 32650's from him too and they were all fine, take forever to charge compared to a 18650 though, but as you wrote sure run a lot longer.

If he sends good batteries there isn't a problem, I bought from him several times and all of the prior purchases were fine, I just didn't like his ethics of not taking responsibility for when he does send you a bad battery, claiming the two 26650 batteries I bought were abused with arc marks on them when they were returned as clean as a whistle.

Last edited:

GSS

Mabey not the right thread to mention this but flea bay is now selling "BfestFire" brand batteries. They sure don't miss a chance to scam do they:whistle: Sorry for the thread jack, back to are regular scheduled postings:beer:

Pman

Forgot to post it but the 4 Efest 10440 cells I bought from them were fine.

Yea, I sure do a lot of research before I buy any Li-Ion battery now with all of the China rip offs going on with them, but there are counterfeit batteries out there too, so you can end up with a junk battery anyway.

Hi,
Try IMR.com for originals of AW and Efest cells great company and they come with heavy gauge cases when you order 4.

@ Alaskan yes the 32650's are monsters i made a change of using 26650's to 32650's in all my high power Mag Light builds and what a giant difference in performance.

Rich:)

Mabey not the right thread to mention this but flea bay is now selling "BfestFire" brand batteries. They sure don't miss a chance to scam do they:whistle: Sorry for the thread jack, back to are regular scheduled postings:beer:

I can't find that battery on ebay, is there a typo? BfestFire ?

GSS

I can't find that battery on ebay, is there a typo? BfestFire ?

I saw them on Tmart.com They are a lighter purple color. If you have never seen this site they carry alot of products from electronics to watches. You might enjoy it. This is where I bought all my first over spec pens. If you buy from their US warehouse stock, shipping is around 3 days but all others is typical chinese shipping
Edit....While im here they have these SkyRay brand that are 2 times more $ than the trustfire but well below the Samsung, does anyone know of these SkyRay's?

Last edited:

Vision

I saw them on Tmart.com They are a lighter purple color. If you have never seen this site they carry alot of products from electronics to watches. You might enjoy it. This is where I bought all my first over spec pens. If you buy from their US warehouse stock, shipping is around 3 days but all others is typical chinese shipping
Edit....While im here they have these SkyRay brand that are 2 times more $ than the trustfire but well below the Samsung, does anyone know of these SkyRay's?

Off-topic. Grats on the 1000th. In. 100th for me. In.

WnmUeSs.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

GSS

Off-topic. Grats on the 1000th. In. 100th for me. In.

WnmUeSs.jpg
Thx my friend happy 100th for you. So what number do we play for tonight? "I mean the lottery":)
Little edit...I should of reached it a bit sooner but a few days ago I went to look for some info on an old thread when I first joined and I deleted like 2 or 3 of my posts as they were so stupid!! Yes its a learning forum but those posts were beyond dumb!.....This gif is to cool!

Last edited:
I've purchased a total of 254 items from eBay so far and I believe I've always gotten my money back when I receive a defective item, such as batteries. Sometimes I have to take photos to demonstrate what the problem is, and after having to do this quite a few times now, I always do that to back up my argument. Sometimes I receive a refund from eBay, but I have also had PayPal refund when all else fails.

I've purchased a total of 254 items from eBay so far and I believe I've always gotten my money back when I receive a defective item, such as batteries. Sometimes I have to take photos to demonstrate what the problem is, and after having to do this quite a few times now, I always do that to back up my argument. Sometimes I receive a refund from eBay, but I have also had PayPal refund when all else fails.

I have to hand it to ebay for dealing with a pretty bad vendor back in late December. I received a fraudulent item off of ebay that was masqueraded as being legit. I offered 2 options to the vendor and got no response until after January 4th. I called ebay and I got 100% money back and Ebay charged the vendor.

The key is to deal with the vendor ASAP, not wait on it. Then if you get no response or if you get a response that is NOT part of the Ebay policy give Ebay a call and have them sort it out for you. They have been really good to deal with.

OVNI

I'm over 2600 purchases and I can count the number of bad feedbacks I've given on one hand, I think, definitely on two. Ebay has come through, or PayPal sometimes, every single time. They have a very good Buyer Protection Program but as paul1598419 and Seoul_lasers said, follow their process and they'll have your back (i.e. where you keep your wallet).

Last edited: