Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ebay r-lsales sending dud Li-ion batteries to customers.

Bought two 26650 batteries from ebay seller r-lsales AKA RL-battery depot and when they came they were completely dead, zero volts so I contacted him right away, the same day and asked for a return because they would not charge. I was surprised he wanted them back, sending useless batteries which won't charge couldn't be good for any use. After he received them he immediately opened a claim with ebay stating there were arc marks on them, falsely claiming that I had damaged them. There were NO ARC MARKS of any kind, not the slightest scratch, what a lying dishonest money grubbing unethical Bas.....

Here's what he wrote to ebay which was a complete fabrication:

Feb. 2:
The seller opened a case

Comments

Buyer sent back batteres with 0 voltage. And the batteries had arc marks on the bottom ends. Arc marks do not come from dead batteries. Buyer clearly short circuited the batteries. This is abuse of the return system. I don t feel I need to be responsible for abuse of the batteries with arc marks in them. Thanks Randy

Also, I checked both batteries with a volt meter before using them, zero volts, not even one tenth of a volt. Hoping they might charge up anyway I tried, with two different chargers, neither indicated any current was flowing for a 8 hour period of time, they simply would not charge, no current would flow.

Here's what I bought, beware of this guy. I've bought other batteries from him in the past and they were fine, several times, a repeat customer but if he thinks he can cheat someone out of a few bucks through manipulating ebay, he apparently will:

iren.jpg

I wish I had checked his feedback in the past, here's what I found today and all of these were just in the past month:

imren.jpg

ren.jpg

r-lsales%20rip%20off.jpg

Last edited:

OVNI

Re: ebay r-lsales dishonest liar. Bad Li-ion battery seller and cheat.

Sorry about the sham. Unfortunately, it seems the whole world is getting to be buyer beware.

That said, are you able to pursue eBay's Buyer Protection? Between eBay's and PayPal's policies, I've gotten near 100% whole from shoddy sellers.

Re: ebay r-lsales dishonest liar. Bad 26650 Li-ion battery seller and cheat.

I did, I filed with ebay and as they required, I sent the batteries back to him, he then immediately filed a false report that I had damaged the batteries, that there were arc marks on their negative and positive contacts when they were as clean as could be, no marks. I have no recourse now, ebay won't even give me the ability to respond to his claim I damaged them, there is no way to communicate about it now through their online system. His claim against me just says waiting for ebay to step in to resolve the problem. This means they will make their judgement in favor of either him as a seller with his lies, or me as the buyer. Obviously, this has worked for him in the past or he wouldn't do so.

Last edited:

:mad: :mad: :mad: freakin' people!

-Alex

Sorry to hear that and don't feel bad, I have done the same thing, buy and then check, hey at least it was not a big ticket item.

If they rule in his favor, I have another way of getting my money back.

Our friend Paypal!!! or i'll step in and do something....

Edited: happy anniversary to me as this mark 1 year since i join the forum... and look at my post count!!!

Last edited:

Our friend Paypal!!! or i'll step in and do something....

Edited: happy anniversary to me as this mark 1 year since i join the forum... and look at my post count!!!

Happy LPFbirthday :D

-Alex

Wow, I remember when you first came in, I thought FUBeaches was a member name someone came back with after being thrown out, I see I was wrong!

Loosing 16 bucks isn't the issue to me, it's the dishonesty that miffs me.

yes this world is full of bad guys.....

the Alias stand for Franco Bradley( my name) and i enjoys the Beaches so..... But i see what you mean :crackup:

may be i should request a name change...and how people customise the title under their name and above their avatar?

GSS

Happy LPF B day FUBeaches
Alaskan, yes I can understand its not the money thing being its not that much, but yes a $ is a $ I can't understand how some seller over a few $ will go to that length to weasle and cheat that can ruin something that could be a good money maker for a while or down the road. Stupidity, greed?

Happy LPF B day FUBeaches
Alaskan, yes I can understand its not the money thing being its not that much, but yes a $ is a $ I can't understand how some seller over a few $ will go to that length to weasle and cheat that can ruin something that could be a good money maker for a while or down the road. Stupidity, greed?
thanks GSS

i know right.... People tend to think only about the present and not the future...
it is both idiocy and Greed...

Hi Alaskan,
I know it's a rip off but be patient to see the out come first maybe you'll be surprised in your favor. I just ordered a new laptop battery for my HP that i only use to operate my new 7W Laserbee with data logging. Well i put the battery in and no charge for 9 hrs, I sent my issue to them and they wanted me to send it back me paying postage. My reply was if you don't send me a return postage sticker i would leave a negative feed back. Well i received it a day later. They gave me some BS story that the laptop wasn't communicating with the battery.I said you just have to apply the battery and it should charge not problem. Never had a issue before. Some folks just want a fast buck once they have it your on your own.Sorry to hear about your issue with this. Check how many bad feed backs they have and evaluate your odds of recouping your cash.

Rich:)

Happy LPF day FU I guess you rally like it here Congratulations Buddy.

Rich:)

Last edited:

Bought two 26650 batteries from ebay seller r-lsales and when they came they were completely dead, zero volts.
I wish I had checked his feedback in the past, here's what I found today and all of these were just in the past month:

Oh wow, that's incredible Alaskan (wish I knew your name:beer:).
I've bought most of my batteries from r-lsales in the past, even those very same cells you bought and all are perfect.

Now I see his feedback's gone bad, I wonder what's happened to him.
Certainly won't be buying from him again after your experience.
Thanks for the heads-up.

If you want I can send you two of my good 26650's, gratis.

:beer:
Andrew

Credit Card Chargeback and close your paypal account. Then call paypal and they will be more helpful. (Last resort)

I'm surprised this guy would make such a claim unless it would stick, ebay refunded me today, but they very well may have let him keep the money too. I think ebay will refund disputes for some buyers, if they have made enough money off of them and they have a 100 percent feed back history, as I do... and just take the loss letting him keep the money, I suspect that is what happened.