Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ebay auction: 1200W CO2 starting bid at 0,99$ ???

Yes it is Serious... there are still 5+ days left.. and you have to pick
it up on location...
The price will rise as the end of the auction comes near...

The buyer even encourages that you come to his shop and see it working...

Jerry

daguin

LFI Inc. is an $8,000,000 a year company with 60 employees. Laser drilling and cutting is their business. It looks like they are just trying to make some money out of a unit that they are going to have to de-commission for some reason. It is done all the time in industry.

They either have to get someone to pay them to pick up the parts, or they have to pay someone to scrap it.

Peace,
dave

Yea... they say they are making room for new equipment...
The systemis currently being used to weld aerospace components but needs to be removed to make way for new equipment.

Jerry

Grix

3 phase 460V? Where can normal people get access to that?

xD I'm pretty sure... you can't.

Also, 1200W? Is that right? That seems absurdly high. Don't plasma cutters only put out like 15W? I can't imagine a 1200W laser even being movable.

I have a friend up in RI, he says it's about a 20-30 minute drive for him. He'll probably be keeping an eye on it :)

HIMNL9

Also, 1200W? Is that right? That seems absurdly high. Don't plasma cutters only put out like 15W? I can't imagine a 1200W laser even being movable.

No, it's right ..... where i was employeed before, we had a Rofin-Sinar U-cavity unit, feeded from external CO2 cans, that had a maximum output power of 2000W, with an output beam of 12mm diameter ..... bigger than that one .....

With the right focusing lens, i was able to focus it in a "vertical line" of cut deep 15mm ..... and cut parts from plates of K720 steel of 10mm of thickness at 20cm/second, usually .....

You're referring probably at those desk engravers, small units ..... this one is an industrial cutting unit with a CNC table .....

They either have to get someone to pay them to pick up the parts, or they have to pay someone to scrap it.

Right, i had not considered this part, sorry ..... this make sense put in this way ..... if they trash it away, they have to pay also for "special/dangerous garbage disposal" service, probably (here, at least, is so), where instead in this way, they found someone that do all the work for them, and also get paid ..... heh :p

Benm

Shipping that will prove a total nightmare even if you live nextdoor... I wonder how much they will get for it though, seems like a very expensive piece of kit if you have to buy it new.

I wonder if that would fit in the bed of my truck? Im also about 20 minutes from R.I but that thing looks like a monster and i think you would need a fork lift or something to get it in the truck. Anyone care to guess how much it weighs?

HIMNL9

Well, about how much it can cost new, i don't know this specific model, but when we buyed the unit i was mentioning before, the company paid like 80.000 $ (in lire) for the whole assembly (laser, power unit, CO2 feeder, CNC cabin, lightguides, and so on) ..... it was a lot of years ago, but in this field, prices don't go down too much quickly (also cause they still dismiss old units replacing them with "new technology" ones, for keep the prices up)

About carry it away, you need for sure a fork lifter, and the help of some other peoples (you have also to dismantle all in place, and possibly to protect it in the transport with some crates, probably) ..... isn't exactly like hop a crate on your shoulder and walk away, LOL :D ..... if this unt (the CNC cabin) is like the one we had, it was 3,5 meters large, 3 meter long, and almost 3 meters high, and when they delivered it (on a special truck), we needed to ask for a BIG forklifter from the nearest company, cause the one that we had there (a small 3600Kg one, that can lift only 1900Kg) was unable to lift the unit from the truck :p :D

EDIT: i've just re-read the description ..... "Granite workstation supports" ..... hell, granite planes are used where is required a lot of precision, but this way, this CNC unit probably weight like a truck, LOL :D

Last edited:
I sent the seller an email and this is what they sent back hmmm where can i put a 6 ton laser.

We are located in Smithfield, RI 02917. We are estimating with all the parts of it, including the granite base and so forth, its roughly 12,000lbs. We have contacts for riggers that can get this out of the building and on to a flatbed for you.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you,

Lora
LFI

- lfiinc