Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DTR's Laser Shop - Laser Diodes & More

Hi, Redpath
Why don't you just order how many diodes you need and Put in an oder through Paypal? Jordan is very busy there are a high demand for the top quality items he sells at the shop. He will reply to your messages but in a timely order. I just put in a very large order and it too only 4 or 5 days to get shipping and tracking. For the little time you have to wait for an order we are blessed . Second option order them from an oversea vendor and wait 3/4 weeks . Its your choice and its a no brainer. DTR laser Shop is the best of the best. I been ordering parts from him for years . And we all have a life of some sort now don't we?

Rich:)

redpath

Yes we do have a life, I have been in the past in touch with DTR and some large orders.
I will follow up as you said and start a conversation. I did send him gmail.

DTR

Yes we do have a life, I have been in the past in touch with DTR and some large orders.
I will follow up as you said and start a conversation. I did send him gmail.

You should have seen them today. Let me know if you did not.:)

Hey Jordan I put in an order last week just seeing if you are going To have time to ship order this week no big deal if your swampped I can wait.

Hi Cobra,
Just sit back and relax you will get tracking notifications soon , He has to fill many orders and probably waits to gather enough shipments to make time less going to the Post office . He ships all over he will come through and is there to help.
When you finish you build post it would like to see some pics . Im sure others would as well.

Rich:)

Thanks lifetime .I said no big deal I can wait just was curious also I will send pics, I finally built my new computer so I can shrink the photos to fit the forum specs.

DTR

Hey Jordan I put in an order last week just seeing if you are going To have time to ship order this week no big deal if your swampped I can wait.

Shoot me a message with your details. Need name, email or order id to look it up. The oldest order I have in queue is from yesterday so it should be on the way if ordered last week. If over the weekend Monday was a holiday so there was an extra weekend day in there but let me know so I can check and make sure there is not an issue with the shipment.🍺

Last edited:
Shoot me a message with your details. Need name, email or order id to look it up. The oldest order I have in que is from yesterday so it should be on the way if ordered last week. If over the weekend Monday was a holiday so there was an extra weekend day in there but let me know so I can check and make sure there is not an issue with the shipment.🍺
The shipping info finally updated it's on the way thanks Jordan.

Hi,
Might be some on fleabay, the NUBM07 is 465/470nm diode but will the g ball lens and is not focusable.But you can have the G Ball lens removed in order to use an aspherical lens to focus the beam.DTR will do that upon request no problem. All you need to do is be careful with an open can diode not to get anything on the emitters , once the lens is in leave it be and you will have no problems.I Have a new build for sale if interested . with a full copper sink and knob.
Rich:)fullsizeoutput_bb1.jpegIMG_4789.JPGIMG_4790.JPGIMG_4781.JPGfullsizeoutput_bab.jpeg

Reactions: GSS
I have a few NUBM07 and really like them . My problem is I have several projectors with the m462 and the '07 don't color match with the m462. Also, its better for me to have 2x m462 than a single more powerful diode due to the 12v power supply available. The n465 might be an alternative but they are no longer available either ☹ However, ive read that the wavelength on the n465 really goes up with current, possible giving me the same problem as the '07.

Anybody have any other ideas?

I've got an NDB7675 build with a 1.8 amp driver. I have been thinking of swapping that driver with a 2.4 amp SXD and using the 1.8 amp driver for my M462. I'm hoping the extra current will shift the WL up on my NDB7675.

No personal experience with the NDB7675 . 1.8A is the sweet spot for the m462. I love the m462. To me its the perfect blue for RGB projection.

DTR

Any possibility of the m462 coming back?

I have been trying to get them back. I keep pushing but no luck yet. It is possible the situation could change but does not sound like it will be anytime soon. They do seem to have more appeal over the N!chi@ display based diodes for lightshow projectors. Few of my customers that manufacturer projectors had been relying on me and are very eager as well to get them back as well so I am very motivated to get them back. You are on my list to notify and I will certainly put a post over on PL as well as here if I do.

I have a few NUBM07 and really like them . My problem is I have several projectors with the m462 and the '07 don't color match with the m462. Also, its better for me to have 2x m462 than a single more powerful diode due to the 12v power supply available. The n465 might be an alternative but they are no longer available either ☹ However, ive read that the wavelength on the n465 really goes up with current, possible giving me the same problem as the '07.
Anybody have any other ideas?

N465 is a NUBM07 with the integrated can pulled off and a normal windowed can welded on by a third party. So they both have the same thermal shifting you noted.

I would not recommend the NUBM07 for your projectors or any application that operates continuously and need more than a small fraction of the rated life unless you have a optical solution that includes keeping the stock lens intact. Breaking the hermetic seal will cause an accelerated degradation faster the longer it runs per session. So using the diode like this in a continuous operation will degrade it the quickest and they are prone to random COD being open can with such high power density at the emitter. These still may offer good value for applications like pointers or other applications with similar or lower duty cycles and low total operating life needs.

1.8A is definitely max for the M462 no reason to go higher even if your goal is for higher wavelength as they have very different characteristics than the display use diodes. These are very stable and they increase to a point and COD where the display based diodes if accepting the life reduction you can overdrive and push the wavelength significantly as well as when increasing current they just keep going and getting less and less efficient then the heat actually lest it get to a point that it can no longer lase at all going dark pumping out just waste heat. Usually if turned down fairly quick it will come back and lase again. It can still COD if left there or increased too much more after it stops lasing. It also is incredibly abusive to take it here which will surely have a negative long term affect but it shows they are very different in how they work. The output geometry also can fluctuate a little with the display diodes over different currents and temps which might show after the beams are combined in a RGB module.

The NDB7675 might have been the next best alternative to the M462 but may not be easy to find any actual new ones these days. They are in the same boat at the NDB7875. Random new old stock(clean in factory tray) pops up now and then(more then lately) for both 7875 and 7675. Projectors that had them are 5 years or so out of production and two years ago I was looking under every rock to find one at this point it is very rare for there to be are any out there that have been lost in a warehouse somewhere or never used by someone left boxed in a an attic forgotten for 5 years.

I've got an NDB7675 build with a 1.8 amp driver. I have been thinking of swapping that driver with a 2.4 amp SXD and using the 1.8 amp driver for my M462. I'm hoping the extra current will shift the WL up on my NDB7675.

It will give a bump for sure. There are scattered spectos back with the new amazing thing was pushing these to 470nm but I think Lazeerer did a very though plot of current vs wavelength from the bottom to the point it stops lasing including temp measurements in one of the threads during that time. will see if I can pull it up as it can give an idea what kind of changes to expect. Is that the 7675 we did the hot pocket dance with? If so glad it worked out in the end with the remount and it is still going strong specially since they are getting hard to find.🍺

:LOL: Yes, Jordan, that is the same diode. I have another unused one in my stock, but thought it would be easier to exchange the diode in the NDB7675 build with my M462 since it has a 1.8 amp X-Drive. Then I can use the 2.4 amp driver in a new host with the NDB7675. Felt like the thing to do as I got very little shift in wavelength on that diode at 1.8 amps.