Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DTR's Laser Shop - Laser Diodes & More

vk2fro

I plan on picking up 2 M140 diodes, two 500mw mitsu's and 2 300mw mitsu's and seeing how well I can knife the two sets of reds into two seperate modules. These will be used (the 1 watter) in my projector, and the 600mw unit in a lab laser purely for burning. Correction optics are coming from Dave at PL, and one of the M140's will go into a pointer for me - I miss having a high powered burning capable pointer :) The other, after correction with the daves optics, will also reside in my projector.

Its my winter project, to finish off the taipan, and DTR's shop looks like it has the business end all for sale (except the green - winni at goldenstar for that one!)

3W of whitelight - cant wait LOL :)

Last edited:

DTR

I plan on picking up 2 M140 diodes, two 500mw mitsu's and 2 300mw mitsu's and seeing how well I can knife the two sets of reds into two seperate modules. These will be used (the 1 watter) in my projector, and the 600mw unit in a lab laser purely for burning. Correction optics are coming from Dave at PL, and one of the M140's will go into a pointer for me - I miss having a high powered burning capable pointer :) The other, after correction with the daves optics, will also reside in my projector.

Its my winter project, to finish off the taipan, and DTR's shop looks like it has the business end all for sale (except the green - winni at goldenstar for that one!)

3W of whitelight - cant wait LOL :)

Nice looking forward to pictures of the project.:beer:

vk2fro

Nice looking forward to pictures of the project.:beer:

The whole project has changed - I'm now going for 1w of whitelight - I've just ordered 1 of the 638 single mode 120mw diodes to play with - this projector is going to be fully solid state.

I'll "overclock" the diode to 200mw (that seems to be a sane overclock for them), and pair two of them through a PBS cube. Then I'll take two PL450B's, and overclock them to 200mw as well, and then two of the PL520's and do the same - overclock them to 100mw - basically 6 diodes, 6 drivers, and 3 pbs cubes, 400mw of red, 400mw of blue and 200 mw of 520 green. I'll keep spare "globes" (diodes) for the laser right inside the laser cabinet, so if one goes pop, I can just break out the iron and replace it. They should last a long time, however as in a projector they arent run CW all the time, but rather at varying power. At home 1W will be way too bright so it'll be dialed back further in software - it'll probably run at the manufacturers recommended current anyway!

Taipan one is to be a fully solid state projector. no DPSS to be seen, and all single mode so it'll have pleasing beams (which will actually fit on a set of DT40W scanner mirrors :p) :)

Of course as luck would have it my fridge just blew up so I'm gonna need to put the poor projector on hold while I work on getting a new one (and a short term rental in the mean time :p)

Last edited:
Helllloo,

I ordered a Mits 300mw and a Opnext 120mw diodes from DTR on the 3rd July and they arrived today (standard shipping).
Great service again DTR, thank you :beer:

ATB
MM

vk2fro

I ordered a 120mw singlemode from DTR 3 weeks ago and it rocked up sometime while I was away on holidays. (probably tuesday last week). This ones for a pointer - I'll be ordering a RGB set once I finish paying off my argon, to put into my projector :)

Thanks DTR :)

Last edited:
People also don't seem to realize that wholesale prices are almost never attained without buying in very large bulk. BTW, DTR's prices are pretty much impossible to compete with because they are so low.

DTR

do you sell 638nm red lase diodes, and i need wholesale price.

Yep sure do. IThere are some quantity discounts on the site. If you want more than that let me know I will give the best offer I can but as others have said they are pretty well discounted already.:beer:

Last edited:
Jordan, just placed an order for a m140 last night :D first 445nm diode from you, fingers crossed its an efficient one!

Thanks for giving us a place to buy diodes :beer:

So, I ordered an S06J from DTR the other day and the package came today with an unexpected extra inside. DTR, being the awesome guy he is added a shiny new 532nm pen to the package :D

2013-08-12%2012.53.07.jpg

2013-08-12%2012.58.12.jpg

This is the best greenie pen I have had yet for sure, it is quite solid feeling for a pen. It is definitely going to be given lots of use. Thanks a ton bro :beer:

Last edited:

DTR

They are some of the nicest pen hosts I have had and they have a pretty neat backstory. Only took Yob 2 years for delivery. I was hoping to build a few exotic flavors in them but never got one apart without destroying the hosts finish.:(

Glad you like it. If you are interested in the history on them read this.:beer:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/customs-laser-confiscations-43550.html

Last edited:
I read most of that thread and wow, Yob went through hell to get those O.O

Also, the quality of the pen is something I noted the instant I had it in my hand. Its easily twice as heavy as my other cheapo ebay pens and the clarity of the dot is visibly superior as well. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Doh!!! Forgot to add a note for the projector kit that came with a broke lens! Oh well, there is always next order :D

Apex, sweet looking pen, maybe ill be lucky enough to get a surprise but if not nbd since Jordan already treats us to great prices :beer: