Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DragonLasers 589nm "50mW" - Very displeased so far (LPM: 7mw to 24mW)

jakeGT

Im with you rhd . If I paid for a $500 bill, and they sent me a $100 bill, I would be pissed.
If I told them they were wrong and sent me an item that was not as advertised, I would make damn sure that they cover all costs, they have to fix it at no cost to me. It was their mistake, they are the ones who sent you an underdogs unit, now THEY need to fix it. You shouldn't have to spend $200 extra just to get what they should have sent you in the first place

rhd

Agreed ^

I don't understand why they wouldn't have LPM'd it ahead of time. I'm left feeling like the only reasonable explanation is that they hope end users won't LPM it themselves, and/or figure that buyers won't want the hassle of returning the laser.

At any rate, no reply from DragonLasers regarding my last email.

rhd

July 8 - DragonLasers replies with their suggestion that I instead ship it with an option that isn't trackable, but just registered.

Unfortunately, the three options I received quotes for from CanadaPost are the ONLY options. $42 is still the cheapest option I have, even if tracking is not important. DL says they cannot afford to cover return shipping. Again, if DealExtreme can for a $50 laser, DragonLasers can for a $600 one.

I've just realized that I didn't pay with Paypal, I paid with VISA. So instead of Paypal's 45 days, I have VISA's 90 day period to dispute the transaction.

It's looking like that is the approach I will take. I truly gave DL the benefit of the doubt, even when I started this return process, and began writing this thread. But in my mind, they have lost any credibility. I have always had great success dealing with VISA on disputed transactions. I have been back and forth with DL for 9 or 10 emails now, and they don't seem the least bit concerned with doing the right thing.

I think dragonlasers don't even have LPM to test their lasers.
Their low power lasers and pointer usually perfect and overspec but seems not for the high power ones.

Just an idea for return shipping
Ship this to someone in U.S and from there to dragonlasers.
I think USPS internationl rates are cheap compared to canadapost.

Funny how DL don't understand that the damage to their reputation and to their sales out of thread like this is way greater than bearing the returning costs.

rhd

I think dragonlasers don't even have LPM to test their lasers.
Their low power lasers and pointer usually perfect and overspec but seems not for the high power ones.

Interesting idea. Though it would probably introduce too much complexity (and truthfully, not save too much money, because it would double the shipping steps).

The issue here is not the expense per se, it's the principal. I have the $42, that's not the problem. The problem as far as I'm concerned, is that it shouldn't be my $42 paying to rectify their mistake.

rhd

Funny how DL don't understand that the damage to their reputation and to their sales out of thread like this is way greater than bearing the returning costs.

Well in fairness, I did not tell them about this thread (didn't want it to skew my experience / reporting if they gave me better than typical service as a result), so they probably don't realize that this is here.

Well in fairness, I did not tell them about this thread (didn't want it to skew my experience / reporting if they gave me better than typical service as a result), so they probably don't realize that this is here.

I was talking in general. I am quite sure DL know that lots of their customers are from here, and are discussing their experiences here. So, they don't have to think too much to make it 1 + 1 to reach a reasonable conclusion.

Last edited:

DJNY

Gonna post this onto their fanpage. That´s inacceptable what you got there.

rhd

That's ok with me DJNY. Thanks for doing that. I didn't want to do that myself, but I have no objection to other people legitimately relaying my experience (and whatever comes of it, good or bad) to other people thinking about a similar purchase.

Last edited:
That's ok with me DJNY. Thanks for doing that. I didn't want to do that myself, but I have no objection to other people legitimately relaying my experience (and whatever comes of it, good or bad) to other people thinking about a similar purchase.

This certainly makes me think twice before buying from them, i think im better off with Glenn's cni group buy

im curious how DL would have handled this situation if they knew about this thread....

The problem with that idea is that it is illegal to ship >5mW
Lasers to the USA.. and could get confiscated..

We already know the response of DL about your issues....
(they want you to foot the bill for return shipping...)
(they want you to ship WITHOUT TRACKING...)

Now would be the time to mention this Thread to them and see
what effect this Forum has on their Customer Service Policy...

I think we will see a drastic change on these issue if they care
about their business.

Jerry

Yep.

We should use our consumer power to change companies policies. They make their living from people like us so they should treat us fair.

rhd

This certainly makes me think twice before buying from them, i think im better off with Glenn's cni group buy

im curious how DL would have handled this situation if they knew about this thread....

If I go the route of challenging the charges through VISA, I will definitely be re-investing the returned funds in a CNI unit instead.

That said, I suppose DL knows about the thread now, if DJNY posted it on their FB.

The way they handled this situation is very revealing. Hopefully after seeing this thread they will come to their senses.

Considering how much business is directed to DL from this forum, getting a bad reputation on here should not be an option.

rhd

The way they handled this situation is very revealing. Hopefully after seeing this thread they will come to their senses.

Considering how much business is directed to DL from this forum, getting a bad reputation on here should not be an option.

I agree. I'm sure that when their competitors cover return shipping costs (ie DX, DD, etc) they lose money. But that's not a valid reason to justify not rectifying a situation like an under spec laser at your own expense. Frankly, if they have to forego profit on my sale because THEY sent out a faulty or under spec laser, that's the cost of making a sloppy or careless error. Why shouldn't they have to miss out on their profit margin to live up to their end of the bargain?

Last edited: